I have seldom been so crazy to purchase a gadget right on the launch day, especially accessories for my Apple Products. I usually wait and see and check out numbers of reviews before I cash in. But I really love this product at first sight and I wanted it for my MacBook Pro for long. It is BaseLift for MacBook presented by Twelve South, launched last Wednesday.
It is a super-thin, microfiber-layered integrated stand and lap pad for MacBooks, which fits all current MacBook Pro and Air models, with the following features in summary:
– Super thin and light (3.7 mm, 119 g)
– Tilts MacBook to a comfortable typing angle (10 degrees, elevates by 32 mm)
– Improves air circulation
– Protects your thighs from the heat emitted
– Attaches to MacBook to go everywhere you go
– Protects and adds comforts to the bottom of your MacBook
– Easy to remove anytime, leaving no residue behind
– Easily fits into most bags and MacBook cases
BaseLift features a two-piece design. You can find inside the package the primary BaseLift Pad and an optional secondary Fit Strip for 13 and 15-inch models. Don’t panic when you open the box as there is a very comprehensive installation guide with graphical illustrations to help you out in getting the product set up and works well. Notably speaking, don’t just look at the pictures but also the words, you need to be careful with the alignment of the pad in order to have the best balance and experience when you flip your MacBook upside down again.