Have you jailbroken your iOS 6 device using Evasi0n? For those who haven’t heard of it, Evasi0n is the new jailbreak tool to jailbreak devices on iOS 6, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1. The tool supports jailbreaking for all iPhone models including iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPod touch 4G, and iPod touch 5G.
The Evasi0n tool is very simple to use. If you’ve jailbroken your device before, you shouldn’t have any problem with evasi0n. This tutorial is specially written for first-time jailbreaker. We’ll walk you through the jailbreak process step-by-step. Please note that the jailbreak tool only works for iOS 6 or above. If you’re using lower version of iOS, you should consider upgrading to iOS 6.1 first.
Okay, let’s get started.
1. First, download Evasi0n from the official website. Simply pick the version that is suitable for your platform.
2. Extract the package and double click Evasi0n icon to open the app.
3. Connect your device with computer via USB cable and Evasi0n will automatically detect it. In this example, the iPad 3 is detected.
Note: Make sure you disable Passcode Lock before plugging in the device. You can go to Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock and select “Turn Passcode Off”.
4. Click the “Jailbreak” button to start the jailbreak process.
5. Your device will first be automatically rebooted, followed by other jailbreak steps including preparing jailbreak data, injecting jailbreak data, uploading cydia, etc.
6. The process will take several minutes to complete. Just be patient and don’t disconnect your device. Once Evasi0n completes most of the jailbreak steps, you should see the following screen.
7. Simply follow the instructions and unlock your device. You should see a new “Jailbreak” icon on the home screen. Tap the icon just once to continue the jailbreak process.
8. It’ll take a couple of minutes for the rest of jailbreak process to finish. Once completed, you’ll see a “Jailbreak Complete” screen.
9. Your device will be automatically rebooted and you’ll see a large evasi0n icon during the reboot.
That’s it. Once your device boots up, you should find a new “Cydia” icon in the home screen. Congratulation, you’ve successfully jailbroken your device!