Finally, Apple officially launches the most anticipated iPhone 5 at the Yerba Buena Center of the Arts. The keynote presentation started at exactly 10:00 AM PDT/1:00 AM UTC+8. Apple didn’t allow live video coverage but thanks to The Verge live coverage via content and photo updates, here’s what the iPhone 5 looks like. Wow! It’s not surprising after all. It does look like the leaked image we’ve seen across the web.
Phil Schiller, the senior vice president of worldwide marketing at Apple sets the stage and introduced the new iPhone 5. Quoting Time Magazine, “I think Time Magazine said it best ‘it is the phone that has changed phones forever’ and boy were they right.” Truly, all eyes are glued today’s main event.
Schiller bragged, “It’s the thinnest phone we’ve ever made, and the lightest.”
The rumor mills are finally over. The missing pieces of the puzzle are found. The iPhone 5 is 18% thinner (7.6 mm) and 20% (112 grams) lighter than the iPhone 4S and comes in stunning retina display 326 PPI.
What about the display? Well, folks. The rumor pegs of 4-inch display is settled. The iPhone 5 comes in 4-inch display in 1136 x 640 screen resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio.
And obviously, Apple was able to add another row of icons. What’s more, we’re going to enjoy fresh features of updated software.
iPhone 5 features include:
- Wide screen video
- 44% more color saturation
- Ultrafast Wireless (HSPA+, DC-HSPA and LTE)
- Wi-Fi, 2.4ghz and 5ghz on 802.11n up to 150 mbps
- Apple A6 chip in faster performance (2x faster than A5)
- Full console quality
- iSight in 8-megapixel sensor; 3264 x 2448, hybrid IR filter
- Shared photo streams via iOS 6 and iCloud
- Panorama mode
- Face Time HD camera in 720 p
- Improved speakers (front, back, bottom)
- Noise-canceling earpiece
- New lightning connector (80% smaller)
The list goes on.. More updates coming up.
At last, the iPhone 5 is here. Share this post if you find it helpful.
Source: The Verge