What really made Google Chrome popular was its real time tab syncing, and its really useful that everything you do on your iPhone automatically comes on the computer as well. For example saved tabs, bookmark etc. Clips is something like that, and its a Cydia tweak that syncs your iDevice’s clipboard rather than the browser data. This enables you to share images and text from your iPhone to your computer with just a single tap.
All that you need is a Dropbox account and a PC and you have instant sharing. The text data from your clipbaord account will appear in your Dropbox account after you give it the Clips treatment, and you will require the service’s desktop client to read the shared files. This is quite frustrating but the good thing is that you don’t need to do anything like this for images.
However, before you can get started with Clips you will need to configure the tweak and its desktop client. Just follow the following steps to do so:
- Download Clips from Cydia for $1.99.
- Download Clips desktop client (works only on windows) and download Dropbox as well.
- Install both the softwares on your PC
- Now from your phone, select some text in an app and once the action menu pops up, just touch the View clips icon. A new window will open up and you can look at the tweaks settings from there. You can do this by tapping the double arrow at the top right corner of the opened window and tapping the very firt icon.
- Once you are in the settings menu, just tap the “Link Dropbox” button and just enter your Dropbox account name.
From the Clips menu you can even change the theme or delete multiple clips, and once you have everything configured you can sync just about anything with your PC. Clip works well everywhere in the iOS and options for your photos gets a “save to clips” button too. Other than the text clipping this is a great tweak and the reason you have to have to clips desktop client is to read the text format since that’s a format that only Clips can read.
Existing Dropbox users will find this to be a great tweak and the only improvement this tweak should make is to export text in a widely readable format. So what do you think of this tweak? Do let us know and feel free to comment!