OK, I don’t get out as much as I used to. That’s why I love travel discovery apps that let me create a wish list of places I want to go to. Fotopedia China is one of those I categorize as a well-crafted app with enough photos and information the lets me sit down and discover more of China.
Fotopedia China features high-res photos of various provinces, regions and cities in China, as well as descriptive captions, maps, Wikipedia entries and recommendations for other destinations. I have lived in China for a few years and still found it really nice to discover new places thru Fotopedia thru the beautifully shot photos.
The App offers over 5,000 crowdsourced photos for you to view all arranged by the Province and Attraction. It also allows users to add images and stories to a ?My Trips? folder with a single ?click?. A new partnership with Expedia also lets users book their travel.
This isn?t the first time I have reviewed Fotopedia. They published a version of Life in North Korea that captivated me a few months back. This new addition on China to the list of Fotopedia destinations is just as interesting for me.
This is the 11th iOS app for Fotopedia. Created in 2008 by five former Apple employees under a company named Fotonauts Inc. Jean-Marie Hullot, the company?s founder and CEO, says its 10 previous apps have been downloaded more than 12 million times, with more than 20 percent of app downloads coming from China, followed by the U.S. The iPad audience, in particular, is growing, with 30 percent of users now checking out Fotopedia from the tablet device.
?China is the #1 country for Fotopedia. Over 20% of our audience is in China and that number jumps to 29% on iPad. Yet, when I look at the growth, there is no question that China?s love story with iPad has just begun,? said Jean-Marie Hullot, CEO of Fotopedia.
Features of the app include:
- Thousands of breathtaking pictures served at high resolution for the Retina display on iPad
- Trip Builder to create your own trip or easy-to-build personalized tours
- Free Wallpapers for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Visual stories, updated frequently
- Instant Slideshows
- Share your favorite images and stories via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Open Graph integration with Facebook to easily share your discovering
- Shuffle or shake your device to discover new images
- Complete navigation with smart tags, search and interactive maps
Fotopedia China is available for the iPhone and iPad (Free)