Cydia App Compatibility List for iOS 5.1.1

cydia logoYou may already upgrade and jailbreak your device on iOS 5.1.1. Like any upgrade you’ve done before, not all apps or hacks in cydia are compatible with the latest version of iOS. iJailbreak has shared with us a nice list of cydia apps that are/are not compatible with iOS 5.1.1. So be sure you check it out before upgrading.

Apps/Hacks Compatible with iOS 5.1.1

Activator – An app launcher essential for many tweaks
Airblue Sharing – Share files over WiFi
Sliderwidth – Adjust width of lock screen slider
AndroidLock XT – Android-style lock password
AppList – Allows Cydia apps to see what’s installed on your iPhone
AppLocker – Sets passwords to apps
AssistantExtensions – Plug in voice commands for Siri
Barrel – Adds 3D effect to springbord
BytaFont – Change iOS fonts
BiteSMS – Send SMS messages outside your phone plan
BlurriedNCBackground – Aesthetic tweak for Notification Center
Brightslide – Adjust brightness with a gesture
Callbar – Overhauls iPhone notifications for incoming calls.
Celest Bluetooth – Bluetooth file transfer
iBlacklist – Filter unwanted calls and SMS
iCleaner – Free up space
iFile – File manager for iOS
iKeyWi – Adds 5th row of customizable keys to keyboard
Infinidock – Scolling dock with infinite files
Infinifolders – Allows for folders with over 12 apps
Infinite Tweet – Tweetlonger integration for posts longer than 140 characters.
IntelliScreenX – Lock screen widgets
iShakeLock – Shake To Lock
iSmart Dialer – Adds functionality to phone dialer
LocationHolic – Spoof locations
Mail Enhancer – Signatures, custom notifications, quiet hours, highlighting, HTML
Mobile Notifier – Alternate notifications system
MobileTerminal – UNIX-like terminal command line
MusicCenter – Music widget for notification center
My3G – Enable FaceTime over 3G
NC Settings – SBSettings for Notification Center
Now Listening – Displays songs in banner
OpenSSH – Allows for SSH communication
Poof – Takes apps of springboard
Protube – Download YouTube video and audio
Remove BG – SBSettings toggle to kill background apps
SbSettings – Allows you to toggle WiFi, 3G, SSH, and more anywhere within the iOS
Speed Intensifier – Speeds up interface

Belfry – Install stock iPhone apps on iPad
BlurriedNCBackground on iPad
Slidetomod – Does not hide lock screen camera
Disputed
IntelliscreenX on iPad
RetinaPad – iPhone Retina graphics on iPad

As you see, quite a large number of cydia apps should work with iOS 5.1.1. In case you discover any app that doesn’t work for you, please report back by leaving comment below.

, , ,

60 Responses to Cydia App Compatibility List for iOS 5.1.1

1. Linghuuu May 31, 2012 at 1:16 am #

RetinaPad, ISX, Hands-free control, Switchy run well on 5.1.1…….

2. Rhonda May 31, 2012 at 11:10 am #

After downloading jailbreak I am unable to play music on my SiriusXm app. The app displays but no play lists etc.are accessible. Any ideas?

• Greg 78 July 26, 2012 at 8:48 pm #

I lost ALL my music when I JB my ip4. What got it back was I went to the tracks and it had the icloud icon next to every song, as soon as I uploaded them to the cloud they all came back. I’m not too sure how or why it worked, but it did.

3. Kris June 1, 2012 at 5:39 am #

Display Recorder works fine on iPad2 with 5.1.1

4. Evan June 5, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

Panorama doesn’t work on 5.1.1

5. V June 8, 2012 at 11:20 pm #

Slideaway doesn’t seem to work on mine (I have the iPhone 4 with 5.1 JB). It installs as normal and looks fine but as soon as I try to unlock my screen it crashes and restarts in safety mode :(. Which sucks cuz I LOVED slideaway ;_;

6. nikolaisrb June 13, 2012 at 3:21 am #

Go to website http://greenpois0n.com/ , read How To Use Absinthe 2.0 (if you’re unjailbroken).

Download:

I jailbroke my iPhone4 Sunday, no issues with battery so far. Installed Installous. Can intall apps via Installous, also via repos such as BigBoss, HackYouriPhone, etc. If you update iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 and use Absinthe 2.0.4, you should have no issues.

7. nikolaisrb June 13, 2012 at 3:23 am #

I did not purchase a data plan/bundle with iPhone. Before jailbreaking iPhone4 I used to download applications via iTunes (from my PC) and sync with iPhone (so no cost except monthly bill for adsl line). Can I do the same now after jailbreaking ?

8. Edowada June 15, 2012 at 3:25 am #

Are there any compatible themes that work on 5.1.1? I know that inPulse has the retina version, but it also has a bug that does not show the retina inPulse icons.

9. MOREAWSOMETHANYOUARE June 15, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Some apps in Installious will mess up your device so b careful i cannot remember with one i installed but when i installed it it respring and my home screen and every thing else was back to normal and i could not go in to cydia and could not go into safemode

ipad 1>IOS 5.1.1 >itunes 10.6.1.7
    Dell>Inspirion>W7>SP1

• Shweat July 19, 2012 at 12:11 am #

I had the same problem too but it wasn’t over an app in Installous. I was trying to fix a problem i had with my folders, where there would be a grey square and a black background around it. I looked up how to fix it and installed WinterBoard, after that I did a respring and all my icons were back to it’s default settings and i couldn’t go into any of the apps i installed via Installous or go into Cydia.

10. nikolaisrb June 16, 2012 at 6:13 am #

Installed Infinifolders (Allows for folders with over 12 apps), yet still only have 12 pages (folders) or 16 apps per page. Thought it will allow unlimited pages (folders) ?

11. 333 June 20, 2012 at 1:25 am #

Quicknote for notification center does not work on 5.1.1…

12. lllusion June 22, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

NCRotationLock & NCQuickDismiss crash Springboard & causes iPhone to freeze Apple logo on boot.

13. Pia June 28, 2012 at 11:16 am #

Dreamboard srewed my ipad! I has to restore factory settings.. it made iot look bricked!!!

14. ik70702 June 29, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

preference folders doesnt work for me on 5.1.1

15. Nate July 8, 2012 at 6:32 am #

Slideaway :(

16. Abcdvos July 8, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Sms flooder is crashing on iOS 511. Ia can’t even open it

17. SeanAaron25 July 10, 2012 at 9:23 pm #

Gridlock is working on 5.1.1 along with Infinifolders. Also is FoldeerEnhancer and color keyboard. They both have been updated via Cydia. Oh, didn’t see it on your list but cascade is working as well. Sweet dock app that works great with infinidock. thanks

PS: Want to get a list of what themes for iPhone and iPad ARE working under 5.1.1? Hunting down and trying one that works is getting old. (Icon Harvester is great and works under 5.1 for this, btw).

18. Greg 78 July 17, 2012 at 4:56 am #

I have had issues with gridlock on my i phone 4. I have a few things already installed and everything was perfect all working together but as soon as I installed gridlock I started getting kicked out of any app I tried to go into, and my springboard would constantly crash causing me to ” restart ” which really started to worry me. I decided to uninstall gridlock and that seemed to fix it. is gridlock not as compatible as they thought. I also realize that springtomize will do what ” status tint ” and a couple others I have on my phone, I just haven’t uninstalled them yet. that may be part of the issue. what do you guys think ? this is what I have installed on my i phone 4.

Activator
    Auto App Killer
    Barrel
    Bigify
    Corner Volume
    Custom NC Background
    Gridtab For Safari
    Springtomize 2
    Status Tint
    Unfold
    WeeRoll
    Winterboard
    Zepplin

19. Ross July 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm #

iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken etc. (Color Keyboard) crashes any app every time the keyboard is opened

• Ross July 17, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

iPod touch 4th gen btw

• Greg 78 August 18, 2012 at 4:34 am #

I am running 5.1.1 WITH color keyboard and a boat load of other tweaks and I have not one issue. not even when I go landscape with it.

20. tim July 26, 2012 at 5:13 am #

ip4s

jb Absinthe…… really easy to use …..love it

these also dont work :-

fontswap…..
    blue flame battery
    istrings

there is a few that are just not compatable with 5.1.1 like

sms+ which would be really useful :0(

my favorite has got to be cleverpin

• Greg 78 July 26, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

I also HAD to have some type quick reply/compose option so I went with Bite SMS and at first it was a bit laggy but now it’s money ! it works perfectly. you can also look at ” Messages + ” that one looks like apple designed it but bite SMS has more options. I have a lot installed on my I phone 4 and bite works flawlessly !!!

P.S. My above post has a list of what’s on my phone. ip4
      IOS 5.1.1

21. sabeer August 6, 2012 at 11:58 am #

hi my friends,

i am fist time buy iphone how can instal Cydia App pls tell me.

22. tim August 7, 2012 at 3:34 am #

sabeer
    if you scroll back upto the post made by ‘nikolaisrb’ that will tell you how to jailbreak i used it, it has to be the easyist break out there,
    yeah,,,greg78 just trialing the byteSMS i’m liking it,,,,cheers dude
    but which is better sms+ or byte…..

• Greg 78 August 8, 2012 at 11:48 am #

@Tim

I tried both Messages+ and bite. I found bitesms to be more to my liking. It gives you more options all around and I also have an all red & black theme set up on my phone and I found a red theme add on for it so now I’m never switching back. Messages+ on the other hand looks like it was done by apple ( and should have been ! ) and some people love a stock IOS look and just want a quick reply and compose feature. If that sounds like you go with messages+. But if u like options stick with bite.

23. Greg 78 August 8, 2012 at 11:59 am #

@ Tim ( again )

Sorry man, i misread your last comment. I don’t really know to much about SMS+. I misread it for Messages+.

24. Tim August 17, 2012 at 2:45 am #

OOOPPSSS
    does anyone know how to get passed an error in ifile,,
    what happened, i edited a string (system pop up message) batt % remaining,not consentrating i added extra inverted comma’s at each end and saved it,,istrings now wont let me back into edit the file and just comes up with “property list,,,bah bah/bah/,,….invalid: unexpected character” at line 1
    with out a restore….any ideas???

• Greg 78 August 18, 2012 at 4:40 am #

Hey man, sorry to hear you are having an issue. and not only that but of all things an issue with i file cause that dives right into the OS. I don’t have a solution but Xsellize.com has what seems to be excellent support when it comes to JB apps and tweaks also any issue in general, Cydia wise that is. Check em out and good luck Bro !

25. tim August 19, 2012 at 3:41 am #

what a tease…i can view the file using ifunbox but i cant edit it,,so no joy yet,,i’m checking out Xsellize.com see what comes up there,,,oh btw i bought ‘bite’ in the end like you say very cool with options,,,
    cheers dude :0)

• Greg 78 August 19, 2012 at 5:35 am #

Anytime brother, I hope you get the support you are looking for. Mac Rumors.com seems to be good as well for support just make sure you are in the correct thread for questions with that site. I am very close to buying i file because of the huge benefits it provides but I am also a semi rookie when it comes to code line and technical computer or OS systems, and installs like moble terminal. On a side note if you don’t have ” CallBar ” installed yet definitely do youself a favor and check it out in Cydia. It’s the bite sms of incoming and outgoing phone calls. Besides ” bite SMS ” it is the best tweak I have ever purchased ! It’s super solid, even with a boat load of tweaks installed including bite SMS !

26. ask your mum August 24, 2012 at 12:20 am #

thats fucking answer by (greak 78)
    tell me when your birthday will give you a nokia 3310 like durux condom

• Greg 78 August 24, 2012 at 3:10 am #

Right man @ tim ??? what’s your problem @ ” ask your mum ” ??? I can only assume that your BS comment was directed at me because I’m the only name on here that is even remotely close to the name you put in ( ). I normally would tell you to pound sand but I am curious as to what you were TRYING to type or say ? what about my answers ??? and why do I want a 3310 nokia like durux condom ? what does that even mean ? were you looking at the keys when you were typing ? or drunk, or mad at the world ? or are you just a troll ?

P.S. Thanks for the support tim ! much appreciated man !

27. tim August 24, 2012 at 2:41 am #

chill man whats with the swearing,,,no need..

and if you are going to insult people you dont even know please get your spelling right

28. tim August 24, 2012 at 3:49 am #

i too would like to know what inspired this odd rant ??

still moving on …all be it off the page topic..i have looked at callbar,it does look good but i dont think its for me,,

do you use your notification centre,, a really great tweek for that is “cydia-searchNC” i have used it far more than i thought i would,

29. Greg 78 August 24, 2012 at 4:06 am #

I like the Call Bar for the simple fact that when a call comes in, the incoming call screen takes over your whole screen. I like the Banner up and out of the way and no interruptions. As with any tweak, their not for everyone. I do in fact use my notification Center. I have a custom NC. I have it tinted red to match my black & red theme. I also have the brightness, volume, wifi, airplane, respring, safe mode, reboot and location widgets in the NC so I can toggle any of them on/off fast. I also put weedata tracker in my NC as well as weecontacts, which puts your favorites from you phone contacts in the NC. and I have a custom background that I can select from my camera roll. what does the one you were telling me about do ? I am ALWAYS looking for great tweaks tim !

30. tim August 24, 2012 at 4:40 am #

it adds a seach cydia bar to your nc,,so if say you want a tweek,drop the nc down touch the cydia bar,,type the name or part you think it is and hit enter,,it then opens up cydia in seach mode,,you will love this as i like you am always on the hunt for useful and cool tweeks this is the fastest way to check them out

• Greg 78 August 24, 2012 at 5:03 am #

Oh man ! Tim, thank you man ! I just got fired up reading the description you wrote. I’m all over it when I get home. have you seen ” check ” yet ? it lets you delete as many emails at one time as you want, instead of having to click on each email, one by one until you have all the ones you want to delete and then delete. it’s from big boss for free ! I also found call delete which is pretty much the same, you can wipe out all call logs at once or select which calls to delete. check is free call delete is like $ 1.49. both from big boss.

• Greg 78 August 24, 2012 at 5:17 am #

Just did. it’s a gmail account. just want to make sure I didn’t get tossed into a spam filter or something like that.

31. tim August 24, 2012 at 6:36 am #

no i dont need pills for primal functions,,no i dont want another wife, bah bah

email account has been closed down

32. tim August 24, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

Did you get the mail?

33. Kriss August 27, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

is their any tweaks that lets me use 3g on other carriers?
    like i just move my iphone 4 verizon to virgin mobile but doesnt let me use internet. any ideas suggestions? anything helps

• Greg 78 August 27, 2012 at 11:32 pm #

Are you saying that you can’t use internet just over 3G with virgin ? or are you able to use it over a wifi connection with virgin ? I’m not to sure if there is a cydia application that can help you. I scan Cydia a lot and I don’t ever remember seeing anything like that. what made you pick Virgin ? I know T-Mobile is good and they have 4G speed. my cousin has been with them for years and has never had an issue and he pays $ 60 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING !!! If you can explain a little more thoroughly I may be able to help. I may also be wrong about the Cydia thing though. only because Cydia has just about everything ! and there is no way one can see all Cydia has to offer, so I may be wrong. give me as much info as you can and I will try to help as much as I can.

34. tim August 28, 2012 at 2:04 am #

I am on the virgin network, I was with my old ip3g with no issues, when I bought my ip4S I bought one of those sim cutters shovelled what was left in to the phone and again all works (once it was setup)
    No cydia wont help you with connection issues,,,check your settings the phone doesn’t care what carrier you use
    My virgin package is 200 of each plus a gig of DL my average bill is £7 per month …my bro works for them so I get mates rates :oD

• Greg 78 August 28, 2012 at 4:56 am #

I wish my Brother worked at AT&T because I wouldn’t have to pay $ 90.00 A month ! for 3 gigs of Data and unlimited talk & text. What a rip off !!!

35. tim September 2, 2012 at 12:12 am #

say does anyone know how much you can install from cydia before your IP starts to be come unstable,,like windows likes to use the hard drive for swap space,so if you fill your HD leaving too little for the system it slows down,,the HD starts chuggiing etc,,,i just wanna know as im filling up fast with all these lovely tweeks im down to 20.3%…so how low can you go!!!

36. tim September 2, 2012 at 12:27 am #

$90 a month gosh that is a shed load of cash to shell out every month,,,
    these cash guru’s always say its cheaper to buy the phone outright then choose the provider,,,,i worked it out ,,for me based on my average the ip4s plus usage comes to £691 for 2 years….happy days!!!!

37. Bokkos September 14, 2012 at 12:25 am #

iLock doesn’t appear to work, not as far as I can tell.

38. Sebastien October 15, 2012 at 2:20 am #

I just downloaded Five Icon Dock and immediately after my iphone 3 running 5.0.1 started seriously bugging. I tried rebooting. When it turned back, I was back on the lockscreen I had before I installed a cydia lockscreen. I couldn’t do anything, the screen was frozen. Every few seconds the screen would go black and I would get the loading circle. This kept repeating. I tried holding the on/off button down for 10 seconds…hell, 20 seconds even…and nothing happened, it wouldn’t shut off. It just kept repeating the cycle I mentioned above. So I held the home and off button down together and the phone did shut off. Problem is, when it came back on, same problem. After a few times doing this I was finally able to access the home screen. Went into cydia and removed Five Icon Dock. Phone is fine now. Not sure what happened????

• Greg 78 October 16, 2012 at 12:46 am #

I believe that particular tweak was made some time ago so it may not be compatible or compatible with other tweaks or apps you have installed. try springtomize 2, it’s very solid and has an option to put 5 in your dock. it also allows you to put a row of 5 or more apps instead of 4 on your home screen(s).

39. tim October 15, 2012 at 6:37 am #

Cheers for that I was thinking for loading up that one
    Yr saved me some grief

40. Van Nelson October 21, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

My facetime icon is missing after i install firebreak on ipad 3 5.1.1.. i also cant find it in settings and in spotlight.. i also disable restriction.. i also reboot my device many times.. i also delete firebreak from cydia but the facetime icon didnt show up..

how can i restore the facetime icon and reappear it in setting menu.. pls. help.. anyone.. :C

41. Chocoju October 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

I installed a few of the cydia tweaks

NC SETTINGS
    SBSETTINGS
    BARREL
    CUSTOM NC BACKGROUND

it made my 3G and wifi and data all turn off by itself as long as the phone screen ‘s off (black I set it off after 4 seconds) / or when I press sleep button

I had more app tweaks before then I removed them

I am not sure what cause it

As my ipone 4, ios 5.1.1 now will turn off by itself (power off)

pls shed some light

thx :)

42. tim October 26, 2012 at 5:24 pm #

i have been running sbsetting and barrel for a few months with no issues,i do have cydia -seachNC,,which works fine

first i would remove them all to get the device stable,so it does’nt switch off or anything odd then reinstall one at a time,
    my thoughts are that NCsettings and Sbsettings are conflicting

43. Jesus November 6, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

How to fix keypad of iPhone 4s?
    The characters of keypad it show like this ‘?’.

44. Siddhant November 14, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

Firebreak

45. Anthony November 25, 2012 at 10:10 am #

why won’t cydia let me install firebreak? it gives me an option to que it but no download..