As reported earlier, the Jailbreak Dream Team has announced the arrival of Absinthe 2.0. This version of Absinthe allows you to jailbreak most of the iOS devices including iPhone 4S and iPad 3 (i.e. The New iPad) running iOS 5.1.1.
The Absinthe jailbreak tool is very easy to use. However, for those without any jailbreak experience, we decided to put up this step-by-step jailbreak guide to walk you through the process.
Before proceeding, read the note carefully
Before we step into the jailbreak process, let us highlight several points you need to take note:
- This guide is intended to jailbreaking iOS device running iOS 5.1.1. Make sure you upgrade your device to iOS 5.1.1 before using Absinthe 2.0
- Absinthe 2.0 supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and various models of iPad. For full list of the supported devices, please refer to our earlier post.
- If you have used Redsn0w to tether jailbreak your device on iOS 5.1.1, please DO NOT follow this guide. Instead, launch cydia and install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether to convert the jailbreak from tethered to untethered.
- Please use iTunes 10.x for the jailbreak. If you haven?t upgraded your iTunes, please download the latest version of iTunes from Apple.
- As usual, backup all your data via iTunes before jailbreaking. This ensures that you can restore your device even the jailbreak fails.
Okay, let?s get started.
Jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe
NOTE: Make sure you’ve upgrade your device to iOS 5.1.1 before running Absinthe 2.0.
2. Connect your device (iPhone /iPad /iPod touch) to your computer.
3. Launch Absinthe.
4. If you’ve connected your device properly, Absinthe should be able to detect your device. Below is a sample screenshot.
5. Simply click the “Jailbreak” button to begin jailbreaking. DO NOT disconnect the device or close Absinthe during jailbreak. It’ll take a while for the jailbreak process to complete. For me, it takes around 10 minutes. So be patient.
6. Once complete, your device will be rebooted and you should find Cydia installed.
That’s it! Launch cydia and enjoy your jailbroken device.
As always, leave us comment and share your jailbreak experience.