There isn?t any dearth of Navigation apps in the iTunes App Store; however, you rarely come across a ?great? navigation app that combines as a multi-function augmented reality viewfinder along with Data sharing and Collaboration features.
Look no further, Hunter Research and Technology has released the latest upgrade of its much appreciated Theodolite on the iTunes App Store. You must be well aware that Theodolite has been quite popular at the iTunes The USP of this new version is that besides multi-functioning as a function augmented reality viewfinder app, it also serves as a compass, GPS, map, zoom camera, rangefinder and two-axis inclinometer.
On the popularity charts, Theodolite has always been the #1 selling navigation app in app stores around the world, besides being featured numerous times in iTunes. With its new Collaboration features in the Theodolite 2.7 version, the app can be used for a wide range of collaborative uses like team land surveying, accident investigations, spotting of wild fires, triangulation of landmarks and advanced tactical observation and targeting operations.
Theodolite 2.7 Features at a Glance
- Overlays real-time information about position, altitude, bearing, range, and horizontal/vertical inclination on the live camera image of an iDevice, turning it into a sophisticated electronic viewfinder.
- Lets users take geo-stamped and geo-tagged camera images and screenshots directly from the app with 2X and 4X digital zoom options
- Fast photography engine with buffered background image saves.
- New data sharing and collaboration features, where users can share map markers and A-B data calculation points with other users of Theodolite via SMS text messaging and e-mail.
Theodolite Available in 3 Versions – Free, Pro, and HD
Theodolite Pro, which is the flagship version (for iPhone and iPod touch) and Theodolite HD (for iPad) include features for serious users:
- A zero reference angle mode
- A-B calculator for height, distance, heading, position, triangulation, and relative angles
- E-mail export with KML data
- Data logging with system-wide clipboard integration
- Percent grade display
- Optical rangefinders
- Night lens filters
- Military grid reference system (MGRS) coordinates
- Universal transverse Mercator (UTM) coordinates
- Four latitude/longitude formats
On the other hand, Theodolite Pro and HD contain a built in map view with standard, satellite, and hybrid modes, a compass rose, live bearings and custom location markers.
Nonetheless, Theodolite is a great app for navigation, outdoor sports, home projects and photography. These amazing features have earned it a strong professional customer base in the field by surveyors, geologists, architects, engineers, sportsmen and military personnel including search and rescue workers around the world.
You can download Theodolite (demo version) ?free? on the iTunes App Store while the fully-loaded Theodolite Pro and Theodolite HD can be availed at $3.99. Coming to the compatibility factor, while Theodolite Free and Pro run on any iPhone with iOS 4.2 or later and also work on the 4th generation iPod touch; Theodolite HD requires a camera-equipped iPad with iOS 4.3 or later.
So, what are you waiting for? Download Theodolite 2.7 now and share your experiences with the amazing Navigational app.