Everyone knows that the internet was filled with people blogging about what to and what not to expect from the third-gen tablet that Apple was about to release. Just a few days ago, we all found out what the new tablet or the new iPad had to offer its users. The new iPad boasts a lot of features, which have, nevertheless, allowed the new iPad to wear the “best tablet” crown with pride. With the Retina Display, 4G LTE, A5X chip and other features present in the new iPad, it has raised the bar for other devices, which are to be released. During the launch event, Apple executives also revealed the iOS iPhoto application for the new iPad. Now, everyone though that the application will also be compatible with the iPad and the iPad 2, however, when it came to the Apple store, the application wasn’t for the owners of the first-generation iPad. But don’t despair as we have a solution to this problem, after the break!
Though people can still upgrade their first-generation device, many don’t want to. As the iPhoto application isn’t for the first-generation iPad, there’s a way you can solve this problem and have the application on your device. One of the ways to do so is by downloading the iPhoto application from iTunes and then installing it on the first-generation iPad through a 3rd party software. Below, you’ll find a simple guide for installing the application on your iPad 1G. Keep in mind that iTunes will try to remove the app when you sync it because it isn’t supported.
1. Simply download the iPhoto application from the App Store through iTunes.
2. Download Apple’s iPhone Configuration Utility and after that’s done, install it in your computer. The iPhone Configuration Utility is different for the systems, and you can get them from these links: For Windows. For Mac OS X.
3. Connect the iPad 1G with the computer and wait for iTunes to sync it.
4. Leave the iTunes open and simply launch the iPhone Configuration Utility program.
5. An Applications section will appear in the left plane of the above program. Select it and click the ‘Add’ button in the top bar in order to browse for the iPhoto application.
6. After adding the iPhoto application in the application library, just click your iPad under the Devices label. After doing this, move to the Applications tab.
7. Scroll through the list and install the iPhoto when you see it. After installation, you’ll find it on the iPad’s SpringBoard.
There you go. You’ve installed the iPhoto application on your iPad. Enjoy!
[via Redmond Pie]
Love to create content for the readers.