Has expensive international call rates cut short your urge to connect frequently with your loved ones offshore? Think no further, because AT&T has now launched its own “Voice over IP” application – AT&T Call International App that allows you to make inexpensive international long distance calls from the U.S. with your iPhone to more than 220 countries.
Interestingly, AT&T Call International App comes two years after AT&T voiced support for Skype and others to similarly use its 3G network to originate internet calls.
However, the icing on the cake is that you can avail this service using your existing wireless service; and that too without any monthly recurring charge, prepaid balance or commitment term. Also, the billing can be conveniently directed to your credit card. Besides that, when traveling internationally, iPhone and Android users can place calls over Wi-Fi in most countries.
App Features At a Glance
- No special codes or PINs required for placing a call. Dial family and friends directly from your iPhone?s contact list.
- Avail facilities like online account management and near real-time call billing
- Lowest international calling rates @ just 2¢ per minute to Canada and as low as 4¢ per minute to make calls to countries like China, France, Germany and the U.K.
- You can place your calls on Wi-Fi on international travel, in select countries.
How it works
- First, download the app
- Set up your AT&T Call International account by just follow the simple instructions.
- You are now ready to start making calls.
- Open the app and dial the international number using the AT&T Call International dial pad. Press ?Call?. Or, you can simply select ?Contacts? to choose a number from your address book.
- As the app routes your call over the wireless network to the AT&T Call International gateway, you can see a routing number flashing on your screen. The gateway will complete the call to your dialed number
- To make the process more seamless, the international calls made from your iPhone with the AT&T Call International App will be billed to the credit card associated with your AT&T Call International account.
So, what are you waiting for? Download AT&T Call International App from the iTunes App Store. You may check out the unbelievable rates at callinternational.att.com. Besides being compatible on all iPhones, AT&T’s VoIP app also works on select Android and BlackBerry models.
Do let us know if AT&T Call International App for the iPhone has been able to make a significant difference to your life and business?