As you know, comex has released a browser-based jailbreak tool called JailbreakMe that supports jailbreaking on nearly all iOS devices. JailbreakMe is the easiest jailbreak tool ever. With just a couple of taps, you can then jailbreak your device and with cydia installed.
That said, for jailbreak beginner, it’s always good to have a step-by-step to walk you through the jailbreak process. And here it is. The guide should work for both iPad and iPhone running iOS 4.3.3.
Before diving into the jailbreak process, take a minute to read the following notes:
- As usual, before kicking off the jailbreak, remember to backup all your iPhone/iPad data via iTunes. You can simply connect your device to computer and sync all the data over iTunes. This step is crucial. In any case you are stuck in the jailbreak process, you can always restore your device back to the original state.
- JailbreakMe will not hacktivate your iPhone. Your iPhone should be activated before using the browser-based jailbreak tool. You can either purchase an official SIM card or simply borrow it from your friend to activate the iPhone. Alternatively, you can also check out other jailbreak tools like redsn0w that supports hactivation.
- JailbreakMe supports iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3g/4g running iOS 4.3.3. If you haven’t upgraded to iOS 4.3.3, please upgrade it via iTunes.
- JailbreakMe is merely a jailbreak tool. It’s not for unlocking. If you’re looking for tool unlocking your iPhone, JailbreakMe is not for you. If your iPhone depend on ultrasn0w unlocking, please avoid upgrading to 4.3.3 directly. Otherwise, you’ll not be able to unlock your iPhone. Instead of using JailbreakMe, you should check out PwnageTool that can preserve the baseband version.
For iPad user, the developer of JailbreakMe has confirmed that there is an issue with camera kit. For now, your jailbroken iPad cannot work with camera kit. However, the developer will soon release a patch to fix the issue.The camera connection kit issue is now fixed.
Kick Off the Jailbreak Process
1. Assuming you’ve get all things prepared (such as backup your iPhone via iTunes), launch mobile Safari on your device and point the location to www.jailbreakme.com.
2. JailbreakMe then automatically goes through a simple verification of your device. If your device meets its requirement, you should see the “FREE” button.
3. Tap on the “FREE” button and then tap the “INSTALL” button.
4. That’s it! Your device is jailbroken and you should see cydia is installing on the device.
In case you fail to jailbreak with JailbreakMe, try to clear the Safari cache (go to Settings -> Safari -> Clear Cache), reboot your device and try again.
Do you have any questions about the JailbreakMe? Feel to leave us comment and we’ll try out best to help.
Founder, developer and chief blogger of simonblog.com