Do you know you can use iPhone to remote control your iTunes on desktop or laptop computer? With Remote app from Apple, you can control iTunes on your computer or Apple TV from iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Think about you have a Mac or PC in bedroom, you can lie on bed and playback your music/video without touching the computer, but just using the iPhone (or other iOS devices).
Cool, right? We have covered the app nearly three years ago and I think it’s time to revisit it. If you haven’t heard of the app, you definitely need to check it out. Technical Trading Indian Stock Market Maut And Blade Prophesy Of Pendor How To Earn Money The Remote app is a free app developed by Apple. As long as your computer and iOS device are on the same Wi-Fi network, the app allows you to control the iTunes library remotely. You can play songs, create playlist and control video/music playback. If you have Apple TV, you can even control it via finger gestures.
Setting Up Remote App
1. To use Remote, first download the Remote app from App Store. It’s completely free.
2. The very first time you launch Remote, you have to pair with the iTunes on your computer. Tap “Choose a Library…” and select “Add an iTunes Library”.
3. The app then automatically generates a passcode for you to pair with iTunes. This passcode will be used to pair with iTunes on your computer.
4. On your computer, launch iTunes (if you haven’t done so). Select your device on the left pane.
5. iTunes will prompt you for the passcode. Just key in the passcode generated by the Remote app (i.e. the code generated in step 3).
If you’ve provided a correct passcode, the iTunes should now pair with your iPhone and you can start to control the iTunes library from iPhone.
What if You Have Two or More Computers?
The Remote app supports multiple iTunes libraries. Say you have another computer with iTunes installed, you can tap Settings in Remote app and select “Add an iTunes Library”. Just go through the same pair process to register the new iTunes library and you’re ready to control the second iTunes library through the app.
If you love to use iTunes for music playback, I’m sure you’ll love this Remote app. Head over to App Store to download it for free!
Founder, developer and chief blogger of simonblog.com