Apple has just released the iOS 4.3.2 update for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Also, an iOS 4.2.7 Update has been released for the Verizon iPhone.
This is a minor update and according to Apple, it aims at fixing the frozen video bug during FaceTime calls and also the issues faced by International iPad users while using it on 3G networks. Other than that there are some security updates.
Of course, if you rely on a software based unlock for your iPhone 4 you should stay away from the stock iOS 4.3.2 firmware and wait for the Dev-Team to release a tool that allows safe upgrading.
Also, there is no untethered jailbreak available yet. So, only if you don’t care about an unlock or jailbreak should you leap ahead and update your iOS device to iOS 4.3.2.
Products compatible with this software update:
- iPhone 4 (GSM model)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPod touch (3rd generation)
Direct Download Links for iOS 4.3.2:
- (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
- (4 GSM): iPhone3,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
- (4 CDMA): iPhone3,3_4.2.7_8E303_Restore.ipsw
- (iPad 1): iPad1,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
- (iPad 2 Wi-Fi): iPad2,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
- (iPad 2 GSM): iPad2,2_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
- (iPad 2 CDMA): iPad2,3_4.3.2_8H8_Restore.ipsw
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Megha Bassi has a strong fascination for all things Apple. Not only does she religiously follow Mac and iPhone news, but also loves writing about everything pertaining to it, be it publishing useful tutorials or app reviews.