As we speak, Apple is revealing the iPad 2. We have been led to believe that 2011 is really going to be the year of the iPad 2. The iPad 2 price is just the same as previous generation iPad which places it with a competitive edge over other tablets in the market. More specs of the thinner, faster new iPad 2 after the break.
What we are most amazed by is how Apple managed to decrease the iPad’s thickness, pack a twice as powerful A5 processor and still managed to give us 10 hours of battery life on this. With the addition of the FaceTime cameras this is going to make twice as much sales as the first generation iPad.
Here’s what’s new in iPad 2:
- Dual Core A5 processor – upto two times faster than previous model
- Thinner by 33% – 8.8mm as compared to 13.4mm
- Enhanced graphics – new GPU nine times faster
- Two cameras – front and rear
- Built in Gyroscope like iPhone and iPod Touch for motion detectiion/gaming
- Battery life same as 10 hours – in spite of new processor and decreased thickness
- FaceTime ability to make video calls to iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and Macs
Like I said before, no decrease in battery life in spite of the decreased volume and enhanched processor and GPU. Amazing work here by Apple’s engineers.
Moreover, the decreased thickness makes the iPhone 4 an inferiority complex. The iPhone 4 is 9.3mm thick as compared to iPad’s 8.8mm. This is almost as hot as the iPod Touch now. Plus, we must also mention that the iPad 2 is being launched in white color model as well.
iPad 2 Price:
The prices are exactly the same as previous generation iPads. Both Verizon and AT&T will be carrying the new iPads in US.
The iPad, as reiterated by Apple, is offered at an unbelievable price as compared to its rivals in the market. The Motorola Xoom, for example is priced at $800(comparable to 32GB 3G model).
Both the iPad 2 and iOS 4.3 will be released on March 11th in the USA and 26 more countries on March 25th.
I am definitely getting myself one next month. How about you?
Images Courtesy: Engadget