Are you bored of the iPhone’s lock screen? Other than changing the wallpaper, Apple does not allow you to do much with the lock screen. This is one reason why some users consider to jailbreak their iPhone. Once jailbroken, this opens up lots of opportunities to customize your iPhone.
Today we’re going to show you a sleek theme for customizing your lock screen. The theme comes with a nice wallpaper and it completely revamps the way date & time are displayed. Best of all, it shows you the current weather and temperature right on the lock screen.
What You Need Before Installing the Theme
Before you dive in, make sure your jailbroken iPhone is installed with the following cydia hack:
2. Lockscreen Clock Hide
As we’ll install the theme manually, you’ll need to download iPhone Explorer that lets you transfer files from computer to iPhone.
Install Lock Screen Theme
1. Download the Lock Screen theme (LS Nimbus) from here and unzip it.
2. Locate the “LockBackground.html” and open it with text editor (e.g. Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on Mac OS).
3. Search for “var locale” and change the value to your location. For instance, you’re in Hong Kong, just type “Hong Kong, Hong Kong”. The value is used for retrieving the weather information of your location.
4. Connect your iPhone via USB and launch iPhone Explorer.
5. Navigate to /Root/Library/Themes. Copy the “LS Nimbus” from computer to iPhone. You can simply drag the “LS Nimbus” folder to the “/Root/Library/Themes” folder and iPhone Explorer will automatically transfer the files.
6. On iPhone, tap “Settings” -> “Clock Hide”. Turn the “Enabled” switch to ON. This will hide the date and time information of the original lock screen.
7. Disconnect the iPhone from computer. Launch Winterboard on iPhone and tap “Select Themes”. Tap on “LS Nimbus” and tap Winterboard button to go back to previous screen. Then tap “Respring” button to activate the theme.
Once refreshed, you can show off the lock theme to your friends.
Change Fahrenheit to Celsius
By default the theme displays the current temperature in Fahrenheit. If you want to change it to Celsius, go back and edit the “LockBackground.html” again. Search for “var isCelsius” and change the value from “false” to “true”. Save the file and transfer the “LockBackground.html” to iPhone. Respring the theme with Winterboard. Then you’ll see the change.
Use Your Own Wallpaper
The default wallpaper comes with the theme is great. But if you do not like it, you can easily replace it with your own one. Simply rename your wallpaper (with resolution of 640×960 and in PNG format) to “LockBackground.png” and transfer it to the “/Root/Library/Themes/LS Nimbus” folder so as to replace the original wallpaper. Then use Winterboard to respring and activate the new wallpaper.
Hope you like this sleek theme! As always, leave us comment to share your thought.