How To Close All Multitasking Apps on iPhone by One Tap

SBSettings - Remove BackgroundYou may already know how to close multitasking apps (a.k.a. background apps) on iPhone running iOS 4.

Presently, you can only close multitasking app one at a time. Some of you wonder if iPhone offers a way to close all background apps simply by a single tap.

There is no such app on App Store. But if you are using a jaiilbroken iPhone, there is a hack called “Remove Background”, which is an add-on for SBSettings. With the hack, you can simply launch SBSettings and tap “RemoveBG” button to close all apps running in background.

By killing the background apps, you can free up a certain amount of memory. The “Remove Background” is a free hack available via Cydia. To use the hack, you need to first install SBSettings. For usage of SBSettings, you can further check out our earlier post.

If you are struggling with the growing number of background apps and want to close them all at once, go ahead to download SBSettings and install the “Remove Background” hack.

, , ,

21 Responses to How To Close All Multitasking Apps on iPhone by One Tap

1. Dawn August 26, 2010 at 4:50 am #

I just got my new iPhone 4, delivered with 4.0.2 and this is one of the apps I miss the most. Fingers crossed that either we get an official app that does this or a jb for 4.0.2 is close.

• Simon Ng August 27, 2010 at 12:07 am #

@Dawn,

Presently, there is no way to jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 on iPhone 4. I will keep you update when the solution is available.

• kasun anthony January 6, 2013 at 8:34 pm #

hey here is tutorial to remove all background apps iphone at once.

remove all background apps iphone

..100% works and installation instraction..

2. Dave Hughes August 26, 2010 at 10:56 pm #

I have a 3GS running iOS4 jailbroken and I don’t see the RemoveBG button.
    I went to the settings and it is not there to toggle either.
    I reinstalled SBSettings and still nothing. Am I missing something?

• Simon Ng August 27, 2010 at 12:04 am #

@Dave,

SBSettings is not an application. So you won’t see an application icon or find it in Settings. To launch SBSettings, you can swipe the status bar from left to right.

• Dave Hughes August 27, 2010 at 12:45 am #

I am aware of that. What I’m saying is after you open the UI (Swipe your finger from left to right at the top of the screen) the toggle to remove background is not there. And it is also not available in the settings either.

3. Dawn August 27, 2010 at 3:13 am #

@Dave you have to download it separately, go to Cydia and search for remove, it should comevup.

• Dave Hughes August 27, 2010 at 4:59 am #

Thanks Dawn. You ROCK!
      I didn’t know that it was an add-on. Thought is was a SBSetting update.

4. Danny August 28, 2010 at 7:39 am #

What source is this under? I’m not seeing it when searching. There’s a similar app, but it isn’t advertised as an SBSettings toggle.

5. NASA23 October 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

Hello,

i’ve installed

sbsettings remove background at first

when i used it

my iphone 4 with 4.1 restarts his springboard and then there is a springboard probleme.
    i have to restart springboard again to come out of the exit safe mode

after that i tried the app remove background

but it cause the same problem

what shall i do?

please help i need this baground remover

thanks

6. Rick October 14, 2010 at 5:04 am #

Needs to be updated for 4.1. Causes springboard to crash.

7. Dawn October 14, 2010 at 5:17 am #

switchermod via http://rpetri.ch/repo is a good alternative until Remove BG is updated. I tweeted the dev, he says he doesn’t have access to iPhone 4, so can’t update it yet.

8. Juanca October 21, 2010 at 12:20 am #

In my last iPhone 3GS I had an app that close all my apps that were running and leave open some that I programed to don’t close. And to close the apps, you can program the buttons to do it, ie: hold 3 seconds the home button. I don’t remember the app’s name, but in less than a week my sister is going to received the iPhone, I sent it to her to germany… I will post the name of the app, maybe it will help you guys, actually I want to know the name too

9. Singh January 26, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

Hi Guys,

Hope you are having fun!

Anyone who is interested in developing, launching, and marketing of their own iPhone App can contact me, I’ve a team of highly experienced iOS developers who can create almost any application for iPhone in minimum time and cost. We’ve done 40 iOS apps so far, contact me at [email protected] for more information, I shall be sending you my company’s details and discuss how can you assist you in iOS app development.

BRs
    - Singh
    Skype-sudeepbhatnagar

10. maxi February 3, 2011 at 12:53 am #

nice app

11. Juanca February 3, 2011 at 1:39 am #

Guys, maybe you have an idea. I want an app that turns off or on the wifi. I really hates use my home wireless and go out of my house and the iPhone shows me all the wireless that he finds. And it’s a long way to go to settings… Turn off wifi. So maybe you know a solution for my problem.
    My iPhone is a 3GS jailbroke

12. bowie February 8, 2011 at 7:08 am #

Actually, very simple solution: install sbsettings, after that you only need to slide your finger from left to right on the top of your screen (as you can see on the picture on top of this webpage) and there you will find your WIFI button.

Good luck

13. Rejestracja Firmy November 12, 2011 at 4:00 am #

Great work! That is the kind of info that are meant to be shared around the net. Shame on the search engines for now not positioning this publish upper! Come on over and discuss with my web site . Thanks =)

14. Lisa January 1, 2012 at 9:58 pm #

I have an iPhone 3GS and I cant shut down my apps I hold the home button and it don’t do ewt :/ ain’t got a clue how to shut down my apps please help

• barrettb05 February 16, 2012 at 6:50 am #

Lisa,
      very simple to shut off apps, double click your home button, a new row will pop up on the bottom of your screen, you then hold one of those icons (buttons) they will start rocking back and forth, and will now have a red dot above them… f you click that red dot, it will close the app. (If you hold the apps on your main screen, you will delete the app from your phone.) SBSettings is a modification that is only available if you are jailbroken. (it allows you to add non apple store apps to your phone)

barrettb05

15. YoshiKemi November 28, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

Hi guys!pls help me i don’t understand what you’re taliking about and how to download cydia and SBstettings?thanks!