How To Fix iTunes 1015 Error

During custom firmware restoration or iPhone OS downgrade, you may encounter various kinds of iTunes errors. Yesterday, I got an email from a reader about an annoying iTunes error during firmware restore:

The iphone “iphone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015)

Probably you also encounter the same error. To resolve the error, someone has developed a tool called “Error 1015 Fixer”. It’s a very simple tool that comes with a single function, that is to fix the iTunes 1015 error. You can follow the procedures to download and install the tool:

1. First, download “Error 1015 Fixer” from here.

2. The tool depends on LibUSB. So, please also download LibUSB and install it.

Note: For installation procedures of LibUSB, you can refer to its installation guide.

3. When you encounter the iTunes 1015 error, simply launch the tool and click “Fix my Error” button.

4. Then click “Done! Click to exit!”.

That’s it. The iTunes 1015 error should be vanished. Let me know if this tool works for you.

Note: The guide is for reference only. For some reasons, it may not work for you. Use it at your own risk.

[via GadgetDNA]

, , , , , ,

25 Responses to How To Fix iTunes 1015 Error

1. Chandler July 6, 2010 at 1:58 pm #

Hi Simon, I tried to jailbreak my phone using redsn0w and custom fireware. Everytime i press “shift” then hit restore, itunes connects to Apple’s website to authenticate the restore. Then it gives me an error saying my iPhone cannot be restored.

I used redsn0w 0.92 to upgrade my iphone from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2. I use a 3GS and first generation. I have jailbroke my phone before…..so i find it weird that everytime I tried to restore, it will authenticate the restore with Apple. Any advice?

• Simon Ng July 6, 2010 at 9:36 pm #

@Chandler,

Did you try to use blackra1n for jailbreaking 3.1.2?

• Chandler July 6, 2010 at 11:44 pm #

@Simon,

No not yet. I’ve been holding off on blackra1n cuz i heard once u J/B with blackra1n, u can’t use another method (i.e. redsn0w) for future upgrade. Will wait for iOS 4 update before deciding on my next move.

thanks!!!

• Chandler July 6, 2010 at 11:46 pm #

Actually, I just remembered that I can’t even get to the blackra1n jailbreak step cuz i can’t restore the customer firmware. itunes won’t allow me to use a custom ipsw file……i get the error once i tried to restore the firmware. So weird……

2. vanner July 6, 2010 at 6:52 pm #

thanks simon. Am fix it after downgrading firmware from3.1.3 to 3.1.2 for iphone 3g.But i will keep this idea if there are same problem happened to my friend’s device next time.

3. Tatter July 7, 2010 at 12:29 am #

I have a similar problem while using blackra1n. I can’t seem to restore with the 7D11 custom firmware. The error message says “3194 – This device isn’t eligible for the requested build”

Any idea how i can by-pass apple’s authentication process before it can be jailbroken?

4. bzs October 5, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

Thanks, works well:-)

5. Jenner Azevedo October 30, 2010 at 2:15 am #

Man, you saved my life!!!! Thanks a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT \o/
    I was stucked on the connect to itunes screen after a failed try to install the iOS 4.2 Beta 3 (detail: I´m not a apple Developer). Tryed to restore a million times, without success. Then a read your post and now my iPad is workin perfectly on iOS 3.2.2. I learned my lesson: Beta versions are for Developers. We poor mortals should wait the oficial versions from itunes.

6. Tommy December 3, 2010 at 2:50 am #

Hi simon the 1015 fix is broken how can i fix this issue please help.

7. Third December 7, 2010 at 7:13 am #

Where can i get the 1015 fixer? The link isn’t available anymore. :(

8. kevin December 23, 2010 at 12:23 am #

The link to errorfixer1015 does not work!!

9. ben December 26, 2010 at 11:03 am #

Hey i tried doing this but when i click fix my error it says done but the error message in itunes is still there

what should i do?

10. Sumit January 2, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

tried each step, atleast 4 times installed everthing as mentioned
    but no luck, IT DOES NOT WORK

11. hmmm January 22, 2011 at 10:46 pm #

Damn I hate myself, I am stuck with that 1015 error.

12. Jalal January 23, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

no way … not working for me………. error is still here

13. Karthik February 11, 2011 at 6:54 pm #

HI Simon
    i already run ios 4.2.1 jail break using redsnow and i unlocked using ultrasnow,due to some reasons i was trying to restore the original firmware again, but i got 1015 error on itunes at maximum of progress gets completed(progress bar in restore window), help me please to solve this issue..

• Ren February 24, 2011 at 1:08 am #

Karthik – Did you ever got a solution . I am also struck in the same place

• Hdub March 9, 2011 at 5:36 am #

@Karthik
      I’m having that same issue, find any solutions??

14. vineger March 14, 2011 at 6:52 am #

I had one 3gs installed 4.0.1, jailbroken and updated 4.3. till then i’m stuck with same issue. error 1015. any advice. thanks in advance.

15. Fahad March 26, 2011 at 7:30 am #

i am stuick in this error, i had 3.1.3 , i tried to update but at the end it gives this message .. :( i am in a very remote area dont know from where to fix it, no apple outlets here, DANG ..

16. gary April 3, 2011 at 11:02 am #

can any 1 help me my i pod will not restore it says error 1015 please help me

17. Jojo May 13, 2011 at 2:38 am #

Here is the link to the tool : http://megaupload.com/?d=XLWZSLWB

18. kamaran August 9, 2011 at 9:09 am #

i got a problem with running the program it is libus0.dll is missing i have installed libusb plz help

19. erreur 3194 September 27, 2011 at 11:47 pm #

Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for info approximately this topic for a long time and yours is the best I have came upon so far. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive concerning the supply?

20. thyosulfit November 3, 2011 at 12:11 pm #