As reported yesterday, an iPhone hacker has released an untethered jailbreak solution called Spirit for all models of iPhone running OS 3.1.3. I have tried out the tool and it is the simplest jailbreak tool ever. The one-click jailbreak process is quick and very straightforward.
To let you have an idea about jailbreaking via Spirit, here is the jailbreak guide that walks you through the whole process. As usual, before you consider jailbreaking your iPhone, remember to read the requirements carefully. If you have anything unclear, just leave your question in the comment.
First and foremost, Spirit is NOT an unlock tool. If you are looking for unlock solution on 3.1.3, this is not for you. Spirit is just a tool that lets you jailbreak (untethered) your iPhone and with cydia installed. For those who are still confused by the term “jailbreak” and “unlock”, check out this post that explains clearly the difference. 網上證券交易在中國 http://thewwwblog.com/?topic=Are-Binary-Options-Regulated-Earnings Are Binary Options Regulated Earnings Prerequisite
- Make sure you are using iTunes 9.0 or up
- You should be using either iPhone OS 3.1.2. or 3.1.3. For those using iPhone 3G/3GS and needs to stay unlocked, please remember NOT to upgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.3.
- Your iPhone should be activated before using Spirit. That means, it should not be in the emergency screen or connect to iTunes screen
How to Jailbreak iPhone Using Spirit
Before you kick off the jailbreak process, remember to sync your iPhone with iTunes to backup all your data.
1. Download Spirit jailbreak tool from here and extract the zip file
2. Click the Spirit icon to launch the application
3. Once the Spirit tool is launched, plug into your iPhone via USB and the tool detects your current iPhone OS version. To kick off the jailbreak process, simply click the “Jailbreak” button.
4. That’s it. Your iPhone will be restarted and goes through the Spirit jailbreak process.
5. Once completed, your iPhone is jailbroken with cydia installed.
If you have jailbroken your iPhone using Spirit, remember to leave us comment and share your jailbreak experience. It would be very useful for other readers.
Disclaimer: Please note that Jailbreaking may void your warranty. And the above procedures are only tested using my iPhone and for your reference only. Please use it at your own risk.
Founder, developer and chief blogger of simonblog.com