DigiDNA has launched FileApp Pro and is now available for free download for 2 weeks only. In brief, FileApp Pro is a simply file and document manager for iPhone and iPod touch. It allows you to easily transfer files from computer to iPhone via WiFi and manage them on the go.
Advertised as a document manager, not only you can view various types of files, FileApp Pro offers additional features to manipulate files and folders on your device. Some of the features include file renaming, move files/folder, copy file/folder, compress & decompress file/folder, as well as, folder creation. If you need to create a simple text file, FileApp Pro also provides option for you to create and edit text file.
Similar to other document reader applications (e.g. AirSharing), FileApp Pro also comes with a document viewer. The viewer is primitive but supports nearly all common types of files:
- MS Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), all formats supported
- PDF Reader with function to select exactly which page you want to read
- RTF and Plain Text (UTF-8 encoding)
- iWork documents (Pages, Numbers and Keynotes)
- Open Office Documents (Text, Spreadsheet, Presentation)
- HTML files
- Safari Web Archives
- Comic Book Archive files (.cbz)
- ZIP (Uncompress zip archives)
- Audio (MP3 VBR, AAC, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, CAF)
- Video (standard iPhone formats : H.264, MPEG-4)
In case you need to share any of the files, simply tap Edit button and select the file. Then tap the lower-left button and select the Email option. The app will send the file via email as an attachment.
FileApp Pro is a handy file manager for iPhone. If you need an app to manage your files on iPhone, it’s worth to check out. Best of all, the company is now offering FileApp Pro for free (but it’s just for limited time only). So, act quick and download the app [iTunes link]!
Founder, developer and chief blogger of simonblog.com