For those who have followed the jailbreak guide and use blackra1n (or earlier version of jailbreak tool) to activate an unauthorized SIM card (i.e. Hacktivated) on iPhone OS 3.x, you may experience problem when using Push Notification.
Earlier, we have covered to use PushFix 1.0 to rectify the issue. However, the fix is not a permanent fix and may not work on iPhone 3G/3GS. Even worse, it introduces the push broadcast issue. The root cause of that is there is only one certificate bundled in the fix and the certificate is shared by many iPhone users. Even without the broadcast issue, some also mentioned they noticed a serious battery drainage after applying the fix. To be fair, the Pushfix 1.0 is not an official fix and was still under testing at the time we covered it. That’s why you may experience some abnormal issues.
So, what should you do to fix the Push Notification problem? 1 Minute Australian Binary Options Signals Brokers Capital Honduras Fx Markets To truly resolve the issue and make Push Notification work on your jailbroken iPhone, the developer from PushFix.info has rolled out the PushFix 2.0 that officially fixes the push notification issue on hacktivated iPhone by providing each iPhone device with an unique certificate. The PushFix 2.0, however, is no longer free for download via cydia and you need to pay US$5.99 for the certificate to enable it.
Procedures to Fix Push Notification Problem using Pushfix 2.0
To install Pushfix 2.0, make you first uninstall any previous version of Pushfix from cydia.
Note: I assume you have used blackra1n to jailbreak and hacktivate your iPhone.
1. First, purchase the Pushfix certificate from Pushfix.info. Make sure you have read through the instruction before you hit the Purchase button.
2. Once you have the certificate, launch Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
3. Tap “Manage” -> “Source” and then tap the “Edit” button.
4. Tap “Add”. Then add the Pushfix source (http://cydia.pushfix.info).
5. Once you have added the repository, you should be able to download the Pushfix 2.0 package. Go to “Search” and key in “Pushfix” to locate the Pushfix 2.0 package.
6. Select the package (i.e. Pushfix 2.0) and tap “Install” button to install it.
Note: Make sure you have purchased the certificate before downloading the Pushfix 2.0. Otherwise, the installation will be failed.
7. After installation, restart your iPhone and it should fix the Push Notification problem! Now, you can install any app with Push Notification support (say, Beejive) to test out the fix.
Despite it costs US$5.99, Pushfix 2.0 does work perfectly and completely fix the issue. If you are in search of a fix to rectify the Push Notification issue for your jailbroken iPhone, go ahead to purchase the Pushfix 2.0 via Pushfix.info. It’s just worked as advertised. Feel free to leave us comment should you encounter any quesetion about Pushfix 2.0.
Founder, developer and chief blogger of simonblog.com