http://adelaidedivewreck.com/?option=Foreign-Office-Ukraine Foreign Office Ukraine
Before you start, please read through the following notes carefully. If you’re confused, I suggest you to hold off the jailbreak and read the note again (or leave comment below):
- Blackra1n only jailbreaks your iPhone and does not perform the unlock to let use other unofficial SIM. (If you do not know the difference between jailbreak and unlock, please check out the iPhone terminology.)
- For those using software-unlocked iPhone 3G or 3GS, please do not upgrade to iPhone 3.1. Otherwise, you’ll lose the unlock, as the firmware update will also the baseband.
- Blackra1n will not hactivate your iPhone. That means, you’ll need to use official SIM card for activation purpose.
- Only tethered jailbreak is available for iPod touch device.
- Though it’s reported that blackra1n works for all models of iPhone, there is no guarantee that it will work for you. So, use it at your own risk.
- Disclaimer: Jailbreaking may void your warranty of iPhone. Again, jailbreak it at your own risk.
Okay, let’s get started with blackra1n.
Procedures to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 using blackra1n
1. Make sure you’re using iTunes 9.0 or 9.0.1. You can download the latest version of iTunes here.
2. Download Blackra1n from blackra1n.com and save the blackra1n.exe to a folder
3. Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB. Launch iTunes and upgrade your iPhone to iPhone OS 3.1.2.
Note: You can also download the iPhone OS 3.1.2 from here and restore it via iTunes.
4. After your iPhone has upgraded to firmware 3.1.2, launch blackra1n.exe
5. Ensure your iPhone is still connected to your computer and click “make it ra1n” to kick off the jailbreak.
6. Once you click the button, the jailbreak process starts and it’ll take around a minute to complete.
7. Wait until you see the following message and your iPhone should be jailbroken after reboot.
8. Next, you can tap the blackra1n icon in your iPhone screen and install Cydia.
9. Finally, reboot your iPhone and enjoy!
Optionally, you can uninstall blackra1n from iPhone after you confirm cydia works.
As always, remember to share your jailbreak experience by leaving comment below.
Founder, developer and chief blogger of simonblog.com