How to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 Using Blackra1n (For Windows)

blackra1n-jailbreak-logoAs you know, GeoHot has released a jailbreak tool called blackra1n to jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 on Windows. As claimed, blackra1n is an universal jailbreak solution for all models of iPhone and iPod touch. This guide will walk you through on how to jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.2 using blackra1n on Windows.

Before you start, please read through the following notes carefully. If you’re confused, I suggest you to hold off the jailbreak and read the note again (or leave comment below):

1. Blackra1n only jailbreaks your iPhone and does not perform the unlock to let use other unofficial SIM. (If you do not know the difference between jailbreak and unlock, please check out the iPhone terminology.)
  2. For those using software-unlocked iPhone 3G or 3GS, please do not upgrade to iPhone 3.1. Otherwise, you’ll lose the unlock, as the firmware update will also the baseband.
  3. Blackra1n will not hactivate your iPhone. That means, you’ll need to use official SIM card for activation purpose.
  4. Only tethered jailbreak is available for iPod touch device.
  5. Though it’s reported that blackra1n works for all models of iPhone, there is no guarantee that it will work for you. So, use it at your own risk.
  6. Disclaimer: Jailbreaking may void your warranty of iPhone. Again, jailbreak it at your own risk.

Okay, let’s get started with blackra1n.

Procedures to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 using blackra1n

1. Make sure you’re using iTunes 9.0 or 9.0.1. You can download the latest version of iTunes here.

2. Download Blackra1n from blackra1n.com and save the blackra1n.exe to a folder

3. Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB. Launch iTunes and upgrade your iPhone to iPhone OS 3.1.2.

Note: You can also download the iPhone OS 3.1.2 from here and restore it via iTunes.

4. After your iPhone has upgraded to firmware 3.1.2, launch blackra1n.exe

5. Ensure your iPhone is still connected to your computer and click “make it ra1n” to kick off the jailbreak.

Blackra1n - make it ra1n

6. Once you click the button, the jailbreak process starts and it’ll take around a minute to complete.

Blackra1n - Jailbreaking in Progress

7. Wait until you see the following message and your iPhone should be jailbroken after reboot.

blackra1n-3

8. Next, you can tap the blackra1n icon in your iPhone screen and install Cydia.

blackra1n-install-cydia

9. Finally, reboot your iPhone and enjoy!

Optionally, you can uninstall blackra1n from iPhone after you confirm cydia works.

As always, remember to share your jailbreak experience by leaving comment below.

, , , , ,

166 Responses to How to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 Using Blackra1n (For Windows)

1. Eugen October 13, 2009 at 3:57 am #

It doesn’t work on Win 7 x64 with iTunes x64 edition. It just stays forever and nothing happens.

• slah October 13, 2009 at 6:21 am #

dude just right click blackra1n and go to the compatibility tab and run as vista sp2.

• Eugen October 13, 2009 at 6:55 am #

tried this, also Win XP SP3, it comes to “running …” but after this nothing happens :(

• IvorNEO October 15, 2009 at 10:22 am #

I had the same problems, Please make sure you are login windows as Administrator, than GeoHot will show up in your iPhone and continue…

• san June 8, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

please copy it to folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support an run it again

• greg November 14, 2009 at 6:39 am #

wait how did it not work i have the same specs @eugen i just did it it works great try again

• Simon Ng October 13, 2009 at 11:39 am #

@Eugen, please use XP compatibility mode to run the application.

• Eugen October 14, 2009 at 12:37 am #

tried this and also all the tips I found below, no luck :(
        never had problems with jailbreaking, this time I guess is not my turn :)
        Will wait when another jailbreaking program comes

• Eugen October 14, 2009 at 1:09 am #

well finally I did it, all I had to do is to use my laptop where I have Win XP Sp3 installed. It took 15 secs and is done :)

2. Designstein October 13, 2009 at 4:21 am #

Did it yesterday.
    Few seconds to jailbreak and a minute to restart.
    Discovering the underground iPhone world.
    iPhone 3GS OS 3.1.2.
    Super sweet.

• remi October 25, 2009 at 2:52 am #

sorry ,could you tell me when you used blackra and installed cydia, can you sync your cracked application via iTunes. the problem that I can not instal the cydia always says timed out. is it possible to do it via rock or ice? please repeat yours apinion, I cant get any information any where.Thanks

3. Imran11121 October 13, 2009 at 5:53 am #

Just jailbroke my 3gs, amazing, sooooooooo quick.

4. Fernando October 13, 2009 at 7:45 am #

Thanks for your help

5. IvorNEO October 13, 2009 at 10:42 am #

I had Jailbroken Yestersday, using WinXP SP3, but some of the applications like SBSetting, and Lock Calender seen like not working…

• IvorNEO October 15, 2009 at 10:24 am #

I had make a mistake, please do not install Cydia, Rock and Icy together, Just Install Cydia, and all the problems run ok.

6. Rayven October 13, 2009 at 11:13 am #

OMG! WOW! The best and the easiest yet. Was done jailbreaking and back out the door in less than 10 min. Keep up the good work. Appreciate you making owning the IPHONE the best thing yet. Donation? No prob

• Simon Ng October 13, 2009 at 11:38 am #

@Rayven, blackra1n is developed by GeoHot. I just provide the walkthrough guide. If you want to make donation, go to blackra1n.com and click the donate button.

7. Zach Tremaine October 13, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Just tried this, stuck my iPhone in recovery mode. Had to restore the iPhone to factory settings, re-download the 3.1.2 update, re-sync everything, then restore from backup before iTunes would even recognize the device again

8. Napoleon October 13, 2009 at 11:39 am #

had the same problem like Zach “stuck my iPhone in recovery mode. Had to restore the iPhone to factory settings, re-download the 3.1.2 update, re-sync everything”..anything we missed out???

• IvorNEO October 15, 2009 at 10:26 am #

You mus login windows as Administrator.

9. Napoleon October 13, 2009 at 11:43 am #

oh one thing my 3g iphone, entered the recovery mode and it shows logo usb connect to itunes, not same as the one showned up this tutorial, that its suppose to show blackra1n splash screen.

10. Ahmed October 13, 2009 at 11:44 am #

@ Eugen, agreed.
    I have the same problem, and that compatibility thing doesn’t help.

11. Robert Knight October 13, 2009 at 12:18 pm #

I have a Jailbroken 3G with OS 3.0 and have a lot of apps downloaded from Cydia and Rock. How can I upgrade to OS 3.1 or 3.1.2 On a Windows PC using Blackra1n, without losing all my apps. I have made backups using Apps backups. Will i be able to restore all my Cydia apps? Another example, I have the Categories App. Will I lose all my folders and have to recreate them OR will the back up form AppBackUp bring them back in tact.
    Thanks for your help

12. RichE October 13, 2009 at 2:39 pm #

Simon,
    is this ok for 2G as well ? If yes, once jailbroken, how do I unlock to use unofficial carrier sim? Could the fuzzy downgrader come into play to amend the baseline?

• Simon Ng October 13, 2009 at 2:54 pm #

@RichE, blackra1n does work with 2G iPhone. But it doesn’t unlock your iPhone and you’ll need an official SIM for the jailbreak process.

13. Epong October 13, 2009 at 6:26 pm #

Hi guys. I just done on the jailbreaking. At several attempts, it stuck in recovery mode. However you can try this to smoothen the jailbraking….
    1) Turn off your antivirus
    2) Should stuck while blackra1n running, restart your phone. and try again
    3) I found this on other blog .. while its still “running” press and hold the home and lock buttons till the phone reboots the screen will pop up saying “your jailbreak is done”, press okay and when the phone finally reboots unlock the phone if u do not find the blackra1n icon anywhere, restart blackra1n one more time. and shortly after just as everyone else has been saying your phone will be jailbroken, the screen ” your jailbreak is done” will come up again and this time blackra1n will be there an your phone jailbroken

For me, I dunno what happen, but I try all above and next attempt, The jailbreak done. It only takes about 15 sec.

Anyway, thankx blackra1n and Simon!

• Simon Ng October 13, 2009 at 6:33 pm #

@Epong, great! Thanks for sharing the tips.

14. Designstein October 13, 2009 at 10:10 pm #

icy and rock are fcukin up my cydia.
    anyone here know how to remove them safely?

15. laurentium October 13, 2009 at 10:23 pm #

i had the same problems on stucking at the “running” stage. but i tryed several times to jailbreak my 3g iPhone. and i succeded finally.
    i’m not sure how i succeded but i can tell you what i have setup differently that time when i did it right:
    - turned off all my runing programs on my PC, including anti-virus
    - turned off iTunes
    - unlocked the phone (i think this can be the most important)
    - went to iPhone’s page 2

there you go! may be it helps someone too :)

16. laurentium October 13, 2009 at 10:26 pm #

BTW i didn’t restore my previous setting or firmware not even once

17. Designstein October 14, 2009 at 12:50 am #

Dev team pwnage tool for 3.1.2 os out!
    Freezes baseband too!
    Try it!

• Eugen October 14, 2009 at 12:53 am #

eh, all is left to do is to buy a Mac computer :)

18. Parker October 14, 2009 at 8:13 am #

Worked perfectly, easiest jailbreak yet.

iPod touch 2G, 3.1.2 firmware

19. Ashton Gongaware October 14, 2009 at 9:02 am #

Ok… after lots of searching through different threads, this is what finally worked for me… mine was freezing on the running mode and the itunes/usb screen… I unlocked my iPhone 3G…enjoy!!

yes…it DOES work for 3G’s….that is what I have and I finally got it to work on mine…when it freezes and blackrain says “running”, and your iphone is showing the itunes/usb screen….hold the power and home buttons until it resets and you see the apple logo on your iphone….a box should pop up saying the jailbreak was successful once your iphone reboots….leave that open, while your restarting your iphone….once you see the apple screen…close blackrain, reopen black rain and hit make it rain…took me several tries but it finally worked.

20. Rosa October 15, 2009 at 1:02 am #

Will blackrain work with windows vista or just windows XP?

21. polytropon October 15, 2009 at 2:43 am #

My most frustrating jailbreak to date, but I finally got it to work. Maybe these tips will help someone else.

If you are using Vista 64bit and have installed the 64bit patch for iTunes, first of all my condolences but more importantly, DO NOT use compatibility mode to launch blackra1n and DO NOT run as administrator. Otherwise, you will never get past the “waiting for iphone” message.

After that (when I got to “running” stage), I followed Ashton’s instructions (thanks!) and after a few iterations it worked. This was my third and maybe last jailbreak. Reloading all my Cydia apps and data files is getting really old. Is there no way to back up the Cydia apps to avoid this?

Good luck…

22. Daniel October 15, 2009 at 5:46 am #

Hi, I had a few problems also with jailbraking my iphone 3G.

It was stuck on the running screen as with everyone else.

They way I resolved this issue was with the following:

Connect the iphone as normal, open Blackra1n and click ‘make it rain’.
    When the iphone turns itself off and the screen is blank, hold down the power button and home button at the same time.
    When the Apple logo appears release the power button but still hold the home button.
    You will need to hold the home button down untill you see the blackrain logo on your screen, then release.

This took me two goes before it worked. Hope it helps someone else out there with this problem!

Dan

• patrick the pissed off man October 24, 2009 at 9:03 pm #

thanks mate that worked great

23. Zach Tremaine October 15, 2009 at 11:34 am #

Tried this again today and it worked perfectly, great jailbreak.

24. Ricky October 15, 2009 at 12:32 pm #

Its amazing to use blackra1n. very easy to use. i am trying to use redsn0w but nothing happens. thank for blackra1n..

25. DriverJZ October 15, 2009 at 2:35 pm #

First time jailbreak for me, and I think it went better than i could have imagined. juuuuust finished so all i’ve done is intall cydia so far, but I just wanted to say thanks for making this so easy. I have always thought about it, but something small i wanted to do that apple doesn’t allow pushed me over the edge. I had just upgraded to OS 3.2.1 and iTunes 9.0.1 on Windows XP. I was clueless in the first place but having JUST updated both I figured it wouldn’t be possible, at least yet. I was easily proven wrong by this great jailbreak app. Thanks again. I can’t wait to start the customization. If anything goes wrong in that process of course, I’ll re-neg all of this praise and hate you all. Haha, j/k…i’m on a fat sleeping pill lol, gotta love the loopy thoughts :)

26. Laura October 15, 2009 at 4:10 pm #

Hi, Blackra1n worked for me, but I am still on version 3.1. Should I upgrade then do the Blackra1n again? Also, I understand that it does not unlock my phone to an unofficial simcard. How do I unlock it? My phone won’t work… Please help

27. Hashim Azzouz October 15, 2009 at 6:17 pm #

THank man it really worked out for me on the second attempt! thanks again and again :)

28. Jill October 16, 2009 at 9:38 am #

I have a iphone 3G and I am using vista 64, I am getting so annoyed with this stupid blackra1n I wanna throw my laptop down the stairs. I have tried everything possible, every little thing everyone is saying and still nothing….

• Eugen October 16, 2009 at 9:52 am #

I had the same frustration, but with Windows 7, just go find a computer with Windows XP, it will work right away.

29. Jill October 16, 2009 at 11:47 am #

I am going to try it on a friends xp tomorrow, wish me luck!!

Ps. I truely hate vista and I hope windows 7 is much better. I need to get rid of vista!

• Bruno October 19, 2009 at 5:22 pm #

Anything is better than vista

30. blackboy October 16, 2009 at 12:41 pm #

Xp is the best had to use my mini acer i was getting fustrated

31. Jagney October 16, 2009 at 4:02 pm #

Blackra1n developed by Geo is a universal jailbreak tool for all… All credit to the dude for the wonderful simple jailbreak tool…..

My guys beaware….
    (1) Blackra1n cannot be hacktivated…. That is u cannot unlock your iphone…. So all with 3g on os 3.0 pl wait for snowbreeze to be released.. It should be out in first week of november….. then u’ll be able to jailbreak and unlock your iphone…:)

(2) Apple has blocked jailbreak on new iphone 3gs. Looks like Apple has started shipping new iPhone 3GS’s which have an updated bootrom that is resistant to 24kpwn. Dev-Team member MuscleNerd confirms that the new bootrom, iBoot-359.3.2, is no longer vulnerable to the memory segment overrun exploit which is used to Jailbreak devices.

This is the first time Apple has upgraded the bootrom during a normal production cycle, rather than when a new model is introduced. The bootrom is a snippet of code that runs at startup time, and checks on the status of the boot image. It’s generally used to verify that the image has not been corrupted, but can also be used to check for unauthorized firmware. The 24kpwn exploit – otherwise known as 0×24000 Segment Overflow – bypassed the signature checks on iBoot and allowed unsigned firmware to be loaded. The new bootrom makes that impossible, so currently shipping 3GS phones cannot be jailbroken until a new exploit is found.

To determine if your new 3GS is running the new bootrom, just check System Profiler while the phone is in DFU mode. Versions of iBoot prior to 359.3.2 should still be able to be jailbroken using known methods.

Came across this at http://www.siinfuliphone.com…Enjoy groaning at Crapple..

32. GeorgePk October 16, 2009 at 5:35 pm #

Simon, I am confused :)

After the upgrade to 3.1.2 (step 3) all my contacts, settings, data are still on the phone. Even the apps I installed from appstore (and they work) even the non appstore apps (these do not work).

I have not yet made any sync from itunes.

Is this normal?

• GeorgePk October 16, 2009 at 6:07 pm #

So I said lets do the jailbreak.

Done it with blackra1n (took me 4-5 times with Ashton’s instructions) but when I manage the jailbreak now everything works fine. All app store apps, all non appstore apps, my songs are there, the videos are there. Never did a sync with itunes.
      I havent even installed Appsync and everything works.

These does not sound normal to me, now I am afraid I will have a fail somewhere in the near future?

Whats your opinion?

• Simon Ng October 17, 2009 at 12:21 am #

@GeorgePk, that’s normal. I think you have chosen the upgrade option instead of restore.

33. Daniel October 17, 2009 at 1:27 am #

I was using Blackra1n for Mac OS X and would get stuck at Recovery, however for some reason it started to work when the iPhone got stuck in the Recovery Loop,

just keep trying!

34. GeorgePk October 17, 2009 at 1:33 am #

Yes Simon, but thats how I did all other upgrades as well and it always errased everything on the phone.

Anyway so far so good!!!

Thanx

35. Mohan October 17, 2009 at 3:02 am #

My computer is on Vista Ultimate and I have a 3G running original 3.1.2 and I tried Blackrain about 10 times and it did not work. Finally I did a hard reset (holding down power and home buttons for about 10 seconds) and then connected the phone and rebooted it. I resolved the issue by hitting the “make it rain” button while the phone still displayed the apple logo. Before it would just stay on running and nothing happened. Hope this helps all the 3G folks and may also work on other models. Let me know.

36. norman g October 17, 2009 at 3:24 pm #

hey people, i have an iPhone that is still on 2.2 firmware, and have it under T-Mobile. If i jailbreak to 3.1.2 using blackra1n, would i have any problems? WIll i still be able use it as a phone atleast??

37. Fcuk BlackRain October 17, 2009 at 10:52 pm #

This lame a55 shit blackrain , dosent fcuking work. Eat 5hit you fcuk…

38. Jill October 17, 2009 at 11:09 pm #

I was finally able to jailbreak my iPhone 3G. I dislike blackra1n and I would recommend waiting for something other then this one to jailbreak your iPhone. I found a video on YouTube called how to jailbreak using blackra1n for iPhone 3G and after a couple of tried it worked!!

I thought at first it was vista giving me the problem so I tried xp like people suggested and I got the same result so I followed the way the YouTube described and it worked.

My friend used vista with his 3G and it worked on the first time…. All the matters is a finally got my iPhone re-jailbroken and I am not updating until I know it truely works next time!

39. TV October 18, 2009 at 2:36 am #

Ashton’s trick worked for me as well. I had problems at the USB/connect itunes, and wouldn’t proceed.

Followed the steps from:

Couldn’t get it to work after several attempts. Tried Ashton’s suggestion, worked on the first try.

Thanks!

40. Dylan October 18, 2009 at 3:03 pm #

I have an iPhone 3g and wanted to jailbreak the 3.1.2 firmware. I tried and tried after reading everyone elses problems and still didnt work. I am running a new top of the line gaming maching with windows vista home pro. Eventually I gave up and tried using my old windows XP laptop… It worked straight away… so easy. Maybe if you are having the same problem, try jailbreaking on an XP computer.

41. tonystark1914 October 22, 2009 at 3:06 am #

it works. disable all itunes/apple applications on your pc after u do the 3.1.2 update. reboot your phone once. put phone in airplane mode.

after it works, go to cydia and do update. then search for afc2add in cydia apps. install this and winterboard, iphonebrowser, etc will work!

42. sakzzz October 22, 2009 at 7:46 am #

After restoring my phone 4 times. heres how it worked.
    1)restored my phone. 2) restarted my comp 3) connected the usb on the rear of the comp 4)killed processes ituneshelper, synchelper, n few others starting with the word sync 5)blackrain in c drive, run as admin, make it rain
    using iphone 16gb, vista

43. Bao Chau October 22, 2009 at 11:11 pm #

Finally got it to work… 3g is very frustrating… after working on it for the past 2 nights.. i figured it…. not really hard…. you need to juss sync your iphone, then run black rain once the screen turns black hold the power and home button the blackra1n logo should appear…

44. Tired of Trying.... October 23, 2009 at 10:50 am #

OK…. I was ready to give up and the last step that I tried that made my iphone 3G update almost instantly was I went into the services and stoped the Bonjour Service in windows. Once I stopped that service in the START…Run…. services.msc. Then c Stopped any Itunes processes running. I click Make it Rain… Not as Admin, or Compatability Mode…. Now my iphone 3g is FREE

45. Tired of Trying.... October 23, 2009 at 10:51 am #

OK…. I was ready to give up and the last step that I tried that made my iphone 3G update almost instantly was I went into the services and stopped the Bonjour Service in windows. Once I stopped that service in the START…Run…. services.msc. Then c Stopped any Itunes processes running. I click Make it Rain… Not as Admin, or Compatability Mode…. Now my iphone 3g is FREE

46. onefinethug3 October 24, 2009 at 2:07 am #

Everyone who has successfully jailbroken their iphone 3g are right. All you have to do is keep trying it over and over again. I have tried many many different methods posted on this site. The only thing that seems to work is to keep on trying over and over again. I ddint do anything with changing to runs as admin, or changing the xp capability or anything. Just kept rebooting it when the phone froze in the itunes restore mode. In my personal opinion and i have read it in other posts; The blackra1n program is still buggy. I’m not sure how easy it is to be done on a 3GS but for 3G users like my self it sucks. If you have gotten your phone sucessfully jailbroken on the first try, consider your self one of the lucky ones. It took 3 days and over 30 tries for my phone to show the picture of George on my Iphone. After he finally came up on my phone, i was happy and it successfully jailbroke on its own. But this program works but not well for th 3G users. Finally worked for me tho, and im happy. Hope my donation helps with making the next program better the next time around.

47. mont_blanc October 24, 2009 at 5:14 am #

It works for My iPhone 3G by this way:
    1. Connect your iPhone by USB cable, turn of iTunes
    2. Run blackra1n,and make it run, it will turn to recovery mode, and then on the iPhone you’ll see the logo for connect iTunes.
    3.turn off your iPhone by holding down the Power Button and the Home button,
    Close blackra1n program
    4. Turn on your iPhone by holding power and then immediately after, also hold the Home Button. When the apple logo appears, release power button (but still hold the home button), re-open blackra1n.exe and make it ra1n very fast (when the apple logo still display)
    you see the GeoHot background image and it’s done !!!

48. Buzz23 October 24, 2009 at 9:11 am #

After 3 days of trying I finally got the jailbreak to work. It was easy once it worked just finding the right combination that worked.
    1. I plug in my phone to my computer
    2. ran blackra1n (no admin., did not disable anything, just ran the .exe file)
    3. after clicked “make it rain” i held down the homescreen button until the geohot screen popped up

49. Joe October 24, 2009 at 11:50 am #

Jailbreak was the easiest thing ever. Just did my phone and in the process of doing my wife’s.

50. Alex dominquez October 24, 2009 at 12:51 pm #

Well I used blackra1n to jailbreak my iPhone 3g but the screen never shows up..the program always running but never does nothing what should I do

51. patrick the pissed off man October 24, 2009 at 8:19 pm #

what a fucking stupid program its just like trying to break out of real jail…. YOU CANT…my iphone is fucked.. i bet it was a yank that design this arse hole program

52. [email protected] October 24, 2009 at 10:12 pm #

yo i do everything like it says but it keeps getting stuck on the running screen im using windows vista on my home computer any sugestions

53. jay October 24, 2009 at 10:38 pm #

Just ran Blackra1n on my device and it worked. Couple issues though, I installed cydia and icy..when i try to access cydia screen says “reorganizing” and then it just kicks me back to the unlock screen for iPhone. Any advice?

54. steven October 25, 2009 at 12:13 am #

it work after all the searching that i have done. finally balckrain worked. thanks.

55. bmex78 October 25, 2009 at 4:54 am #

I keep trying and trying, I updated my 3g to 3.1.2 and than ran blackra1n, push make it rain. It says my phone has to get restored, while it’s going through the process it says blackra1n is done. But my phone restores to original factory settings under 3.1.2 and blackra1n icon never appears in my phone. Can any1 tell me what am I doing wrong.

56. Buzz23 October 25, 2009 at 7:58 am #

jay, erase icy. it has had trouble running with cydia. cydia also has less bugs (rumored).

For everyone asking for advice on this blog… still… just read above there’s about 20 or more different ways thats have worked.

57. karli October 25, 2009 at 6:30 pm #

first time i tried it, it didnt work..
    so when i plug the iphone in and click on make it rain… hold the home and lock button and then it gets jailbroken… hope it works for you

58. asad October 26, 2009 at 4:46 pm #

Dear All,

Plz try this out and it surely works. The real one was posted by ASHTON GONGAWARE October 14, 2009 at 9:02 am, I’ve just copied n pasted coz it really works….CHEERZ…

59. tamer October 27, 2009 at 3:31 pm #

thanks heaps. worked like a charm in a minute

60. JamesC October 27, 2009 at 8:56 pm #

Hi All
    It does work for my iPhone 3gs, and succussed at first time.
    I am using Windows Vista, I just simply followed above “Procedures to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 using blackra1n”. It took me about 3 mins to jailbreak my iPhone3gs.

Good luck

61. Ben Means October 27, 2009 at 11:05 pm #

Hey guys.
    For those of you having problems with the 3G jailbreak still, try it again. This new version of Blackra1n seems to have fixed the bug. I had tried countless times with the first version, and I was constantly stopped at the “running….” screen.
    This time, it took about 10-15 seconds total.
    Thanks GeoHot for the amazing software.
    and thanks Simon for keeping this blog updated on a regular basis.

Happy Jailbreaking All!

62. The iPhone Blogging October 28, 2009 at 8:25 am #

I also had this problem on my iPhone 3G, which stuck at the iTunes with USB cable logo when the jailbreak is on progress. Try a lot of methods posted on other blogs and site but still no avail.

At last, I’d managed to get blackra1n to jailbreak my iPhone 3G. If you’re having the same problem, you can try my step-by-step instrunctions to fix it and it may or may not work on your iPhone 3G.

Cheers~~~

63. Arai October 29, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

Hi i Tried at least 10 times after restore on vista but no good so tried my pc which
    has xp sp3 and worked first time.My advice don’t use vista

64. david October 29, 2009 at 10:40 pm #

i have used blackrain on my 3gs 16 with 3.1.2 operating system and never had a problem. i installed cydia and no problem there. the problem i am having is trying to install ibluetooth i keep getting a unable to stack try to restart app or reboot device message when i try to run the app after installation. Any ideas or answeres?

65. Leandro Salinas October 29, 2009 at 11:37 pm #

Worked perfectly!!!

66. amn2000 November 1, 2009 at 1:43 am #

I like your software although it did not work with me. but it was usefull to make my iPhone 2 G in recovery mode where I restored a customer firmeware got every thing straight.

dunken

67. xMANJEW November 2, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

i accadently added all the apps icy cidia and rock. and then i took off blackra1n. and they are still there and my phones stuck on safemode. what should i do?

68. Glock19er November 4, 2009 at 5:06 am #

This was so easy. Mo problems what so ever. Thanks

69. EpicFail November 4, 2009 at 6:39 am #

LOL, hardly ever good advice anywhere. For users having probs, just keep trying, close the app, click Make It Rain and WAAAIIIIIIITTTTTT when the dude’s pic comes up. Yall got to be patient wow try Ritalin. It works fine on XP, ditch that crap OS Vista like a boil on your sac.

Proggie’s ok, says only iPod will boot on tethered but my 3GS brand spankie new has to be rerun every time I boot and my apps get restored. Tried iRecovery, doesnt work, surprise. Nothing has worked as of late, if I have to reboot my phone, I just have to make sure to tether it. Lame in all honest opinion.

But for those of you STUCK IN RECOVERY MODE – just load Blackra1n again and say Make it Rain, wait for old boy’s pic, and just take a dump or something, when you come back you’ll have your iPhone and apps. For that, I put this app in the category of “kiddie script” as it doesn’t really solve the whole prob for this new 3GS. JBs but tether boot = VeryLame!! I mean phuckMe, add a bootloader or something to it, but 1 button, 30 seconds all done crap is well, a buncha crap – YEAH, everytime you have to boot yo shit!

70. swanny88 November 4, 2009 at 8:50 pm #

hey mate cheers for everything guys,
    i put blackra1n onto my iphone without a sim card in it, forgot, and then when i put the proper sim card in the phone it wont recognise it, its jalibroken but because theres no network i cant load blackra1n. the network its locked to doesnt even work anymore.
    sorry bout this not your fault at all, but if u have any suggestions that would be awesome
    cheers

71. Hamish98 November 5, 2009 at 11:25 pm #

jail broke my iphone 3Gs on 3.1.2 in less than 10 seconds (I used windows xp)

Worked perfectly first time. I’ve never experience a simpler jailbreaking process

Thanks to the developers

72. andrea November 8, 2009 at 1:15 am #

youtube is not working…. after i used blackra1n

• Simon Ng November 8, 2009 at 2:20 am #

@andrea, you can check out this post about the workaround.

• andrea November 9, 2009 at 11:32 am #

thanks it worked

73. anthony November 9, 2009 at 11:32 am #

easiest thing i ever done!!!! lol i thought it would be hard but so eazy!!!!

74. angel3y3s November 11, 2009 at 2:07 am #

I have a 2G iphone.
    Instructions very easy to follow.

I updated my itunes to 9.0 first.
    Then connected my iphone (phone off) and then restoration took place.
    After restoration, I was prompted to update and install new firmware, 3.1.2 – clicked yes.
    After all was updated, iphone displayed connection to globe.
    On my desk top, I had already downloaded the BlackRa1n and just ran the program.
    Was provided information of the process BlackRa1n and jailbreak was complete.
    My iphone settings and itunes library was updated and ran normal.
    I then found the BlackRa1n icon on my spring board and opened it.
    I installed Rock my Phone first (as instructions indicate to install one program at a time) and then when finished, installed Cydia. Rebooted and was good to go!

Man, the most easiest and less stressful firmware upgrade !

75. Tom Wuthrich November 11, 2009 at 10:14 am #

doesn’t get much easier than that; thanks

76. villianci November 14, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

Like Simon said, It may void ur warranty. For me, as i was going back to S’Tel to exchange my damaged earpiece, they did tell me that Jailbroken Iphones will not be under warranty anymore. So u may need to restore your phone before going for repairs. Is there a way to restore Iphone?

77. Josh November 15, 2009 at 9:52 am #

This jailbreak worked perfect and the simplest jailbreak ive ever used . After i got on cydia and got my fav themes and stuff everything worked except my keyboard themes . Anybody have a idea why they dont apply ?????

78. tedd November 17, 2009 at 2:32 pm #

I’ve updated to iPhone 3.1.2, but i can’t install cracked application anymore, anyone can help?

79. Angel November 22, 2009 at 10:37 am #

Hi!

I am new to this Iphone thing, I have a brand new 3GS 16GB, and I wonder if I have to make any backup of it before running Blackra1n? or should I run Blackra1n before I even start it for the first time? I suppose it’s a 05.11, since I just bought it..?

/A

• Simon Ng November 22, 2009 at 10:43 am #

@Angel,

Great that you have bought a new iPhone. To use blackra1n, I suggest to backup all your data (including SMS, contact, etc) via iTunes before the jailbreaking process. As you’re to iPhone, make sure you understand the risk of jailbreaking that may void the warranty. On the other hand, of course, jailbreaking offers you many fancy stuffs.

• Angel November 22, 2009 at 10:59 am #

Hi!

Thanks for the quick answere! ok, but I dont have any SMSs or contacts in it yet… got a new SIM-card also… so then I dont have to backup anything?
        I’ve heard there is some password I have to change, otherwise I might get an message on my iPhone from someone that tells me the phone is not safe, and people can edit my apps? Where can I find info about this?

/A

• Simon Ng November 22, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

@Angel,

As it’s completely new, you may not need to back it up. But if you’re worried, just sync it with iTunes before jailbreaking. It’s easy.

You do not need to change your password before jailbreaking. And if you are not going to install OpenSSH on your iPhone, that virus will not affect you. But for your information, you can further check out this post about how to secure your jailbroken iPhone.

• Angel November 22, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

ok! thank you!

So… what is the OpenSSH? hehe

/A

80. Subarno Das November 23, 2009 at 12:03 pm #

Hey Simon Ng, I am having a lot of problems jailbreaking my iPhone :(

Heres my info: On a Windows Vista Home Premium, iPhone 3G 3.1.2 firmware, iTunes 9.0.25 and i’ve tried (and failed) jailbreaking my iPhone about 4-5 times (I restored it properly all the times thankfully).

I have tried a lot of the problem solutions but none seem to work. Also im not sure but EVERY SINGLE JAILBREAKING GUIDE has a picture of them jailbreaking with Blackra1n RC1 or RC2, please note, i am using RC3 so i dont know if thats the problem…but heres what happens every time i try to jailbreak: I start the things normally and stuff….then i click “Make it Ra1n” and it says going into recovery and then my iTunes pops up and says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore the iPhone before iTunes can detect it” and yeah i close that and it stays on “going into recovery” forever and also, an icon with a usb connect to iTunes pops up on my iPhone… but i am going to try daniels solution which is:

Daniel October 15, 2009 at 5:46 am

Hi, I had a few problems also with jailbraking my iphone 3G.

It was stuck on the running screen as with everyone else.

They way I resolved this issue was with the following:

Connect the iphone as normal, open Blackra1n and click ‘make it rain’.

Dan

So i’ll leave a reply of the result after i’m done using his solution. Thanks for reading guys =D please try and notify me if im doing anything wrong…

• Subarno Das November 23, 2009 at 12:14 pm #

nope doesn’t work :(

81. Angel November 23, 2009 at 10:37 pm #

Is there any way to make an untethered jailbreak on a 3.1.2 / 05.11.07, if im not going to unlock the opperator lock? or is tethered the only one that work atm?

• Angel November 23, 2009 at 11:27 pm #

And is there any way to remove the jailbreak? if I get sick of starting my iPhone with a PC?

• Simon Ng November 24, 2009 at 1:03 am #

Angel, you can simply restore your iPhone via iTunes. This will revert back to the factory setting.

82. Aoki December 4, 2009 at 7:50 am #

It worked great with windows 7 ultimate 32

83. Kenneth December 6, 2009 at 4:12 pm #

Hi Simon, I managed to jailbreak my iPhone 16gb 3gs. Installed cydia SW successfully and then uninstalled blackra1n. What happened was when I installed any apps from cydia and then into rebooting, iTunes pops up detecting iPhone in recovery mode. I then have to restore everything again, tried this couple of times and end results still the same. I only installed cydia sw and nothing else, anyone encounter this before?

84. iphone lover December 9, 2009 at 2:00 pm #

i have update my iphone 3g & 3gs and try to jailbreak using win 7, but i have no luck win 7 did not work using blackrain…i have try many time.

For those who are having the same problem just using win xp with blackrain RC3 or using mac it will work fine…

85. Derick December 15, 2009 at 9:12 pm #

because i wasn’t able to install blackrain on my itouch 64gb 3rd gen software 3.1.2 using my windows vista… (did all the steps, service pack 2 XP on the compatibility and the run as admin, and i tried doing it without)
    i have another computer, which is an XP, downloaded blackrain and installed it from there, (itunes on my xp is not updated its itunes 8 something) so when i installed it, after it showed the picture on the itouch itransfered the usb cable to my windows vista with the itunes 9+. was able to install cydia. when i came to the reboot part (usb cable still plugged) it asked for a restore. so i keep on doing the steps all over again. how can we prevent the restore feature when we turn off our ipod itouch? it looks to me, to avoid this, is just leaving my ipod itouch ON, and not turning it off… any solutions? thanks.

86. jasveen December 28, 2009 at 12:43 pm #

omfg dude…..it just crashed and it apparently wants to take 4 hrs to recover….kinda scared….i did the steps involved but suddenly itunes opened up and asked me to restore it……what should i do? and the connect to itunes thing has come. I did not see the pic of geo hot anywhere and it worries me ….thank you

87. jasveen December 28, 2009 at 11:19 pm #

could u please tell geo to make a vista compatible version of black rain …please !

88. LolMan808 December 30, 2009 at 9:39 am #

This Is A Not Making Sense I Just Finished And Then I Dont Know What to do I Installed Cydia And Rock But Icy Didnt Show Up So Then I Wonder How To Download Games When Itunes Cant Find My Ipod I Reccommend U To Wait Till Theres A Pernament Update THis IS HORRIEBLE AND VERY BAD AND LAME!! 0/10

89. Ilaria December 30, 2009 at 11:05 am #

I have jailbroken, 3 ipods and one iPhone 3G with blackra1n the program is fine, it works great and I’ve also jailbroken on a vista laptop, people that have problems clearly arnt using it right or have not read the steps.

With the iPhone 3G it is fairly hard to get it going, the first time i did it took me about an hour but then i pressed home and power buttons until it started to reboot, when its rebooting press the make it rain button and it WILL work, don’t worry nothing will happen to your iPhone!

If you need any help, feel free to email me, [email protected]
    Good Luck.

90. jasveen December 30, 2009 at 2:26 pm #

ill prefer to wait and see for updates on RC 3 or Dev team this hack is slightly buggy…..

91. kendall January 2, 2010 at 9:26 pm #

That was the fastest, easiest, most amazing jailbreak ever! thank you so much!!!! worked in a minute.

92. ren January 7, 2010 at 12:36 am #

this works perfectly at first but when i try to install winterboard after rebooting i cant used my iphone it needs to install iphone software update…

93. Bryce C January 8, 2010 at 1:53 am #

I am not extremely good with electronics but I get by… I’ll explain what I did and the problems I am running into and if you can help me then by all means please do so. I have an iphone 3g firmware 3.1.2. I connected it to the computer, and downloaded blackra1n. Everything was fine at this point. I even had the dude on my screen with the iphones in front of him. I then opened blackra1n and selected cydia for download. When I tried to open cydia it started loading and gave me the message “reorganizing, will close when done.” I gave it time and after about 5-10 minutes I checked up on my phone and it was on the app screen where cydia and blackra1n are. Thinking it was done i selected cydia expecting it to work but it proceeded to the same “reorganizing, will close when done.” I gave it 10-15 minutes to load on that screen, while on my way to school, and nothing happened so when I got to school I was forced to stop it and put my phone away. To my knowledge this is supposed to be a “30 second” jailbreak. Did I do something wrong? and what steps should I take to fix this problem?

94. Raj January 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm #

Can I install black rain on my iphone using bluetooth as communication between the lap top and the iphone?

95. andee January 23, 2010 at 7:54 am #

installed 3.1.2 on iphone 3g everything works perfect except my keyboard themes won’t work, downloaded several keyboard themes and none of them worked. Pls email me if you have any solutions to this pls pls!! Thank you very much!!

96. Boogey Man January 24, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

iPhone is the 3GS with the latest 3.1 firmware. I have used Blackrain to JB it and downloaded Cydia and all the needed paraphernalia. I have a couple of issues.

Firstly, if I switch the phone OFF, I need to restore it and start from scratch.

Secondly, whenever I use Boss to download Snappy, I get the same issue.

Thirdly, I can’t for the life of me work out how to get Winter or Spring boards. All these themes are beyond me. Is there an easy way?

• tomste January 25, 2010 at 12:12 am #

I also have the problem that when i switch the iphone off/on it ask´s for a restore (the iTunes USB screen).

Running blackra1n again solves the problem.

Found this on http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/

If your ipt2/3GS/ipt3 is rebooting into recovery after running blackra1n, this isn’t a bug. It’s a feature. You need to run blackra1n every time to boot it. This ‘feature’, called tethered jailbreak, is enabled by upgrades Apple made to the bootrom and the fact ipt3 uses nand flash.
      If you run blackra1n on an already jailbroken phone, it will do nothing but boot it.

97. kevin January 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

can you use appulous with black rain, when i tried to jailbreak it the other day it froze compleatly

98. kevin January 30, 2010 at 3:03 pm #

apps from appulous all go into itunes as unknown there for i cant use them…help

99. gianluigi January 30, 2010 at 10:27 pm #

wat a sweet software..!!!THANKYOU VERYYYYYY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100. keags February 1, 2010 at 10:43 am #

any solution if the blackra1n app won’t open… it just crashes and i havent been able to open it yet…. any help would be great…

101. dcboy February 1, 2010 at 1:15 pm #

did it with 4 computer in windows, non of them show geo hot after click blackra1n.
    1) xp windows show running and will show the jailbroken message, but only get itune and cable icon, no geo hot, the jailbroken message come out after 1/2 hr, but no blackra1n icon.
    2)vista never work, even set adminstrator, xp sp2 compatible, close all application, antivirus, did like 4 time recovery of iphone, still will not even enter recovery mode, only say entering recovery mode.
    3)xp laptop,same thing will only get to cable not able to show geohot face.
    4) mac done, everything work.

102. mike February 2, 2010 at 8:48 am #

ok guys i really need your help i have a iphone 3g and its been restored and updated to 3.1.2 thru itunes i get rid of everything that has to do with itunes(like ive read on other forums) and run blackra1n the screen goes black the apple logo comes up the the normal itune recovery mood then the screen goes black(but you can still tell its lit and not completely off) then it never reboots!!!!!! what am i doing wrong ive had blackra1n befor but my friend did it for me. this is my first jailbreak and dont really know whatelse to do

103. Sachin February 3, 2010 at 6:19 pm #

I have upgraded my I-Phone to OS3.1.2 and also jailbreaked it using blackra1n. Evrything is fine except i’m unable to download CYDIA.

I’m connected to WIFI and when i connect to blackra1n it doesnot show the CYDIA icon to download the same and instead populates a message ‘Please check your internet connection’. I’m able to use my email and use SAFARI very nicely.

Really appreciate if some one could please assist me in downloading CYDIA onto my I-Phone.

Rgds,
    Sachin

104. dondyon February 6, 2010 at 12:09 am #

great program without all the bullshit

105. Vivs February 6, 2010 at 12:35 pm #

I bought my 3GS 16gb iphone frm a friend of mine who had got it JB frm someone via Blackra1n. While giving it to me, he forgot to tell me to not to reboot it without Blackra1n else i’ll hv to restore iphone thru itunes and it happend!!! i had to restore it to 3.1.3.

Now:
    1. Can i JB it thru Blackra1n and unlock it as well, given tht version is 3.1.3?
    2. If ur answer is NO, then can i go back version 3.1.2, which can be jailbroken?

Please help….

thanks.

• Simon Ng February 7, 2010 at 4:14 pm #

@Vivs,

1. No, blackra1n doesn’t work for iPhone 3.1.3. So, please stay with iPhone OS 3.1.2 especially you are using iPhone 3GS.
      2. Are you using blacksn0w to unlock or you’re using an official carrier? If you rely on blacksn0w for unlock, you may not be able to unlock your iPhone even you downgrade it back to 3.1.2.

• Vivs February 8, 2010 at 8:31 pm #

Hey Simon,

Thanks for ur reply.

Unfortunately i have already upgraded to 3.1.3 :(. I’ve been trying to degrade it to 3.1.2 but iTunes is giving an error “This device isn’t eligible for this build…” something like that.

Any suggestions on this error? And, any idea as to hw can i go back to 3.1.2???

Wud really appreciate ur help :).

• Simon Ng February 8, 2010 at 11:41 pm #

Which iPhone model are you using? You may not be able to go back to 3.1.2 if you’re using iPhone 3GS.

• Vivs February 8, 2010 at 11:47 pm #

hahaha…. yes, m using 3GS :)… so… no option???

• Simon Ng February 8, 2010 at 11:51 pm #

@Vivs,

For iPhone 3GS, there is no jailbreak option at the mean time. I will update you when there is any update.

• Vivs February 9, 2010 at 12:08 am #

Thanks a ton Simon, I really appreciate ur helping me :)…

106. Rogerdavis February 11, 2010 at 2:52 am #

Can anyone help
    I have a 3gs and 3.1.2, windows xp
    I have installed blackrain and cydia and they both work great but my phone keeps crashing for silly reasons like after I hung up on a call the phone screen froze, i could hit the home button and use all other programs but I could no longer use the phone program… So I reset the phone holding the off and home button together until I saw the apple sign..
    Then the phone gets stuck on the itunes/usb screen!
    Also my battery ran to 0% and so turned the phone off automatically, once I plugged the phone in once again it went straigh to the itunes/usb screen and I needed to reinstall blackrain by plugging the phone in and pressing make it rain.

Am I missing anything? and also how do you uninstall blackrain once cydia is installed

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

107. Christopher February 12, 2010 at 1:31 pm #

Simon,
    I’m on my 3rd 3G, after jailbreaking all of them, they have all crashed and became stuck on the apple logo screen for hrs. I had the warranty so they replaced the phone, but is there something I’m doing wrong and the phone is very slow as well as constantly dropping calls or the tethered signal.
    Thanks for any insight that you can provide

108. bharatkotwani February 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm #

amazing, it works, i tried many things but only this worked, thats good u made things simple and not simpler otherwise it wouldnt have worked, thanx

109. mike March 2, 2010 at 12:39 am #

hi simon,

i have a 3GS,3.1.2 which i bought from singtel in late oCTOBER. i jailbreaked it with blackra1n RC3 and unlock with blacksnow too… all was well until recently, i added push fix and youtube fix. then removed the blackra1n icon from my phone. Thinking i can get the icon back by running blackra1n again… MY PHONE end up showing that its battery is almost dep-leted in red and then stucked at the white apple screen…re ran blackra1n never helps.. phone is bricked and it always show battery in red (1%).. PLEASE HELP

110. pepe32 March 3, 2010 at 4:46 pm #

im having trouble downgrading to 3.1.2 firmware when i try to open it on itunes it wont work..i dont know if im downloading it wrong or wtf..can anyone help????

• Simon Ng March 3, 2010 at 11:47 pm #

@pepe32,

Some browsers mis-recognize the firmware file as a zipped file and extract it. This will make you fail to open the file in iTunes. I suggest you to use firefox to download the .ipsw file again.

111. emiduende March 9, 2010 at 4:15 pm #

thanks dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it works excelent!!!!!!!! gracias amigo funciono perfecto!!!!!

112. how to jailbreak itouch April 23, 2010 at 9:31 am #

I learned a lot reading How to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 Using Blackra1n (For Windows) | The iPhone and iPad Blog by Simon.

113. darpan May 21, 2010 at 9:06 pm #

Heyy Simon, I’ve Iphone with version 3.0 and i want to upgrade it to 3.1.2 Can I follow the process as u have said cause I’ve got locked once when I tried to upgrade directly from itunes n it ask for the official SIM?
    Is it safe? What do you suggest??
    thnx

114. james May 28, 2010 at 7:12 am #

i have a 2g stuck in recovery mode. im trying to use blackrain to jailbreak the phone but cant get past the entering recovery stage. also when i try to restore i press shift and lick restore and when i go to select the 3.1.2 it says no files? so i cant restore to 3.1.2

any help much appreciated

115. james May 28, 2010 at 7:18 am #

the problem i have is it goes to enter recovery then says its done wait for reboot but then nothing happens?

116. frankie June 9, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

i have the same problem as James
    Everthing goes well but then after its installed, and reboots,
    nothing happens
    i dont see an icon for blackra1n or anything new on it

oh does it have to do with me having an itouch?

117. andrea June 10, 2010 at 8:41 pm #

hi Simon help pls

i hav 8gb 3.1.2 ipod touch

i download the black ra1n and it keeps saying black ra1n has stopped working whhy has it stopped working? idk wht to do.

118. Brendon July 13, 2010 at 7:49 pm #

Ok Im using a 3g 16g os 4.0 firmware 05.13.04 can this work? if so what am I doing wrong please help

119. Fix Your iTunes August 18, 2010 at 4:13 am #

So what do I do to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 3GS? I want to buy the new iPhone 4 which I can now my contract is up and want to jailbreak and unlock the 3GS and sell it on ebay. I think I can get a good deal on it but is it safe to unlock and jailbreak phones? I’m hearing from folks here and there and noone seems to want to give me any advice but most folks are doing it. Any help is appreciated …

• Simon Ng August 18, 2010 at 10:20 pm #

You can check out JailbreakMe to jailbreak iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4. For unlock, you can use ultrasn0w which is available via cydia.

120. Destroy Rock And Roll August 18, 2010 at 11:15 pm #

Does anyone know if you can unlock and jailbreak an iPhone 4G? Either way I have the iPhone 3GS and I love it but I’m tempted to upgrade to the iPhone 4G but something has been keeping me from doing it but I just might upgrade even though it’s got some probs. If I can jailbreak and unlock the iPhone 4G I just might. What do you think?

• Simon Ng August 19, 2010 at 12:57 am #

If the iPhone 4 comes with iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1, you can jailbreak it using JailbreakMe. Further, you can unlock it via ultrasn0w.

121. mohneesh August 23, 2010 at 3:48 pm #

simon
    i jailbroke my ipod touch using a laptop having vista.now its into recovery mode and i am not able to restore it using a laptop having xp sp2. please suggest me sumthing.it always shows error..( the program has encountered an error and a;ll that bullshit)

122. Indrajitp August 23, 2010 at 5:37 pm #

I have iphone 3G 3.1 jailbroken with Blackra1n and unlocked it. It is working perfectly allright. Now I want to upgrade it to 4.0. Is it possible and safe?
    Baseband: 05.11.07
    Bootloader: 6.02[G2M3S2]

Thanks,
    -Indrajit

123. Khayam September 30, 2010 at 7:35 pm #

how to jailbroke with Windows Vinsta?

124. Renz Ikari January 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm #

whoa im shocked when i saw the “connect to itunes” picture and i though im stucked but a few seconds like 3 seconds a man appeared with iphones/ipods then a message pop-up that’s says jailbreaking complete wosh!!!!!!! thank you!

This is what i did:
    i moved blackrain to the:

32 Bit users– C:Program Files/Common Files/Apple/Apple Application Support

64 Bit users– C:Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Apple/Apple Application Support
    im not sure in 64 bit

then run close all apple applications like itunes and other programs connect with your iphone then open black and hit make it rain and wait until a pop-up message appears ^_^

125. Roberto August 23, 2011 at 6:55 am #

It did work dude, thanks you a lot….

126. Zane October 31, 2011 at 4:57 pm #

Hi guys ive been trying to jailbreak for ages someone pleeaaaase help
    i run it in compadability mode for win xp but it says asl.dll class is missing from pc someone please help and give a detailed discription on how to jail break while fixing this prob