Tens or even hundreds of Winterboard themes are rolling out each day on Cydia. I can say most of them are of mediocre quality. Usually I do not have time to look through them one by one and just let them go. But you should not miss this one — the iPhone theme called Acier.
Earlier, I have covered several great iPhone themes including illumine, HTC Hero, Whitoken, Perfect Storm and Buuf. Today, I’m going to show you another awesome iPhone themes — Acier, developed by Monty, that you should never miss.
It’s a spaceship-like, futuristic theme, loaded with UI and custom icons. It’ll take you some efforts to setup the theme but it just looks so cool and completely makes your iPhone stand out of the other regular iPhones.
Here are few screenshots of the Acier themes:
Looks cool, right? Acier completely revamps the iPhone home screen with cool icons and live clock/weather. To install the themes, you can follow the procedures below. Unlike other simple Winterboard themes, Acier depends on other cydia apps or hacks. So, it’ll take you some time to configure and install the themes (around 30 minutes). Anyway, if you love the theme, you won’t mind to spend some valuable time on it.
Let’s get started.
How to Install Acier iPhone Theme
1. First, make sure you have a jailbroken iPhone and install the following applications using Cydia:
- Winterboard – The heart of iPhone theme that lets you completely customize the look & feel of iPhone screen
- Five icon dock – Allows you to put extra icon in the dock
- Five column springboard – Adds extra column for iPhone home screen
- iC Theme Essentials – Bundles essential theme applications such as iBlank, Categories
- WeatherIcon – Displays the current weather inside iPhone icon
- LiveClock – Provides a live clock in the iPhone icon
- SpringJumps – Offers special icons as shortcuts to jump to different pages of Springboard directly
2. Download Acier theme from cydia. You’ll need to click the “Contribute” button first before you can actually download the theme. Don’t worry. It’s not a must to make the donation. Monty offers you an option to donate “Free”.
3. (Optional) If you are already using Winterboard with other themes, please uncheck it in Winterboard. This will make the following configuration process much easier.
4. Launch “Categories” and create two folders: Apps and Games. Place all your games and applications into these two folders except leaving the following application behind:
- App store
5. Next, tap “iBlank” to launch it. iBlank is an application to let you create blank icons. Use it to create 52 blank icons. You can tap “13″ for four times to create a total of 52 icons.
6. Go back to home screen and launch SpringJump. Tap “General” and disable “Page Titles”. Go back and tap “Jump Icons”. Flip the switch to OFF for Page 5 – 8.
7. Next, place the remaining five SpringJump icons in the dock.
8. Now it comes to the most important and tedious part. Just arrange the icons like the screenshots shown below.
9. Once you complete the icon arrangement, launch “Winterboard” and enable “Acier”, as well as other options shown below:
10. Click home button to refresh the springboard and enjoy the awesome Acier theme!
What do you think about Acier theme? As always, remember to leave your comment and let us know your thought.
[Thanks to Monty for developing such great iPhone theme!]