PushFix Fixes Push Notification on Jailbroken iPhone

One of the notable features that comes with iPhone OS 3.0 is Push Notification, that allows you to be notified in background even you have closed the application. Push notification is particularly useful for instant messaging application.

However, for those using jailbroken iPhone (especially 2G), you may find Push Notification does not work for you. Thanks for iPhone Dev Team again. They work really hard and bring us a PushFix to rectify the Push Notification problem.

How to Fix Push Notification

The PushFix is now available on Cydia and you can simply follow the procedures to install the fix.

Note: PushFix is still under testing and not officially released yet. I have installed it on two 2G iPhones and they work. But use at your own risk. If you’re not adventurous, you better wait for an official fix from iPhone Dev team.

1. Launch Cydia

cydia_icon

2. Tap “Manage” and then tap “Sources”

cydia-manage-source

3. Tap “Edit” button and then tap “Add” button.

4. Type in “http://cydia.iphoneil.net” for the cydia/apt URL and tap “Add Source”. Cydia will then verify the URL and register the repository URL. When complete, tap “Return to Cydia” to continue.

PushFix - Cydia URL

5. Once registered, tap “iPhoneil.net” and look for “Push Fix”. Tap on it.

PushFix - install cydia sourcePushFix - Look for PushFix

6. Then tap “Install” button, followed by “Confirm” to install PushFix.

PushFix - Install

7. Wait until the install process completes and tap “Reboot Device” to restart iPhone

PushFix - Installation Complete

8. After reboot, it’s supposed the installation of PushFix is complete. But you can go to launch YouTube for verification. If you can successfully launch YouTube, that means the Push Notification is fully installed. Otherwise, go back to step 1 and install the PushFix again.

9. Finally, re-install those iPhone applications (say, BeejiveIM) that support Push Notification again to enjoy Push Notification on jailbroken iPhone.

Note: You may require to configure your email or Wifi password again after installing the PushFix.

So far, the PushFix works fine for me and I can still receive instant message from friend even I quit BeejiveIM.

BeejiveIM - Push Notification

Update #1: A bug was found in PushFix that it may broadcast your AIM to unknown recipients. For now, unless you’re adventurous to try it out, I suggest you to hold off the installation.

Update #2: Pushfix 2.0 is now released. This is the official fix for push notification on jailbroken iPhone. Check out this post for more information.

117 Responses to PushFix Fixes Push Notification on Jailbroken iPhone

1. Kevin July 9, 2009 at 10:44 am #

After I installed the push fix the only thing I phone will do now is show the white apple. Do you have any suggestions as to how to fix it now. If I connect my phone to my computer itunes does not even see the phone.

• Riches9 October 16, 2009 at 8:47 am #

Ya..i have the same problem as well, simon can you reply to us ho has the problem it may help…

• felix November 26, 2009 at 8:34 am #

i have the same problem, did anyone find a solution for this?

• felix November 26, 2009 at 6:05 pm #

just in case anybody else had this problem and got stuck with the silver apple logo, for me there was no other way of getting my iphone back than resetting it (http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/itunes/#section_4), then restoring it using iTunes, then jailbreaking it again using geohot’s blackra1n software. and then NOT installing pushfix. the last part is crucial.

2. anthony July 9, 2009 at 12:50 pm #

installed update, rebooted, had to enter WIFI password, wont accept my yahoo password, my Exchange password, or my Inbox password, gmail still works…. not sure if the push fix is worth breaking my email

3. Jay July 9, 2009 at 12:58 pm #

Simon, I have iPhone 2G and this does work on my phone.

• Simon Ng July 9, 2009 at 9:41 pm #

@Jay, thanks for your feedback and it’s great to see PushFix works for you.

4. skylight July 9, 2009 at 1:07 pm #

installed it. Does not work consistently. Actually does not work most of the time…

5. anthony July 9, 2009 at 1:31 pm #

removed repo and app, rebooted, entered yahoo and inbox password info and they work. cant get Exchange to work, tried several attempts, Exchange no workie. In SBsettings the EDGE toggle was removed and i had to manually add the toggle back, rebooted…all good…still no luck with Exchange. how did they break the exchange integration?

6. skylight July 9, 2009 at 10:03 pm #

Uninstalled PushFix and reinstalled it – still does not work…

7. erni July 10, 2009 at 1:46 am #

DON’T DO IT!! IT JUST FUCK MY IPHONE I HAVE TO REINSTALL EVERYTHING AGAIN!!!
    SHOULD ONLY POST STUFF THAT WORK!!
    !

8. Bill July 10, 2009 at 3:13 am #

I have installed this on 3g and everything works great. I just had to reinstall beejive 3.o with push and all is well Thanks Devs Team.

9. gooseberry July 11, 2009 at 3:11 am #

yo, mr.Ng,

I installed it here, and just like skylight, i only woked once… hehehe… but my questions lies elsewhere… i had jaaduVNC instaled and working fine, after the push fix it stoped…. any idea how this could be related? the only way to take this out is by restoring the phone?

thanks, man

10. Randy July 13, 2009 at 1:02 pm #

Works Great on my Iphone 1st Gen. With a Pwnage 3.0.1 broke iPhone. Thanks for all you all do!

11. Ronald Seng July 16, 2009 at 6:11 pm #

I installed the PushFix to my iPhone and works fine.
    although after I installed I have to re-enter all my email accounts password.

It works fine!
    thanks Simon ;)

12. lovely July 16, 2009 at 11:03 pm #

hi,i have my iphone 3g 3.0 and jailbroken redsnow..but the push notification does’nt work for me..i have beejive im with push and everything is on..push email alert and notification..but sttill push is not working..i followed ur advice..and installed the pushfix but no changes..hope to further response and help thanks..

• JONTEZ July 19, 2009 at 2:02 pm #

hey there,are you saying that push notifications does not work with your wfi??

• lovely July 19, 2009 at 4:04 pm #

as for now i got my push working,BUT,sometimes its not working at all..and the BIGGEST PROBLEM is i have my wifi on but i dont understand that my money on my iphone got empty..its always comsuming my money though i have wifi..strange huh?!

13. slime July 16, 2009 at 11:47 pm #

Thanks – it does fix push but does BREAK exchange email! I suggest you do not use if you use Exchange email on your iPhone!

Cheers

• Paul C October 12, 2009 at 4:44 am #

@ Slime – did this kill your exchange or did you manage to get it working??

14. lovely July 17, 2009 at 3:52 pm #

hi again what is exchange email?i have this email applicaton for checking mail inbox only,,the only problem i have is my push notification not working..i tried to put my iphone back to original(not jailbroken)but still the push not working..then i jailbroke it again..and install the pushfix..i also open my ssh and add nimble and inject and stuff like that but no changes..my youtube is working good and no problem..hope anyone can help me..

15. Chris July 18, 2009 at 12:58 am #

Installed 2x and still no push. Kinda sad as I was looking forward to using it.

• lovely July 19, 2009 at 4:08 pm #

i installed push fix more than 2 times and i gave up cos nothing happened and afraid of that something wrong will happen if i continue it,but i didnt uninstalled it,,and after 1 day i just suddenly got push working and receive other people messages..and it works but sometimes its not..

16. mikes511 August 25, 2009 at 2:44 am #

don’t install you will just reboot your iphone to its factory settings..since this PushFix will corrupt your iPhone system..now im doing it all over again..damn this apps..

17. Akiliss September 2, 2009 at 8:42 am #

Works just fine for me, let the phone reboot and turn off then back on push notifications. Some of the apps that use push notifications might have to be reinstall but other than that is been fine so far. Good luck to all.

18. Zkaka September 3, 2009 at 9:00 am #

I installed the fix – and now my 1st gen doesn’t work anymore! it doesn’t get pass the apple loading screen… keeps restarting after that in a loop

don’t bother installing this unless you like jailbreaking all day long :/

• Simon Ng September 3, 2009 at 11:34 pm #

@Zkaka, understand your frustration. As pushfix is still under beta, it’s very stable at the mean time. I think you can put your iPhone into recovery mode and then restore it via iTunes to bring it back to normal.

19. SossieNL September 20, 2009 at 7:17 am #

After install. All passwords are erased. Known problem i see.
    But Push notifications are not working. Sometimes it does. But mainly not!

To bad. Update in the near feature!?

20. Sergio September 24, 2009 at 8:32 pm #

I’ve installed it on my iPhone 2G but it doesn’t work (with Toodledo, IM+, BeejiveIM).
    I’ve only received a message from BeejiveIM testing it on GTalk and a message from someone else that I don’t know in IM+.

Sergio

• Sergio September 25, 2009 at 4:13 pm #

My firmware is 3.0!

21. cabrinus September 25, 2009 at 4:07 pm #

My Iphone 2G doesen´t work either..

My Iphone Firmware is 3.1.

22. Chris September 25, 2009 at 11:46 pm #

Understand that this really is not a fix. The work around only works for the last person to install it and they will receive other peoples messages. Apple has a unique identifier for using push and this work around allows everyone to use the same identifier so any message that would normally go to you will potentially go to the next person to install the push fix. The Dev-Team seem to have given up on a true fix for push and the only way I know of to get this to work is to activate your iPhone with a sim that has already been used to activate another iPhone. This is how I got it working on my 3G.

• Simon Ng September 25, 2009 at 11:53 pm #

@Chris, thanks for your tips!

23. david b September 28, 2009 at 5:06 am #

this is the stupidest fix ever. it’s like saying “so you need a phone number, huh? how ’bout this one that everybody’s sharing!”
    dusche bagsies :/

24. Lucio October 8, 2009 at 5:16 pm #

the fix don’t works . tha iphone does not receive notifications when in standby mode and no connected to cable . 3G or wifi the same issues . iphone 3G with 3.1

help help help

25. Dg October 18, 2009 at 7:19 am #

Worked a treat. Thanks. 2g now pinging!

26. NiceGuy October 24, 2009 at 12:24 am #

forget about push, it kills ur battery. Just use backgrounder instead.

• Denise Olivares February 2, 2010 at 11:47 am #

whats backgrounder?

• Simon Ng February 2, 2010 at 10:20 pm #

@Denise, backgrounder is a cydia app that lets you run iPhone application in background. You can check out this post to learn more.

• NiceGuy February 4, 2010 at 8:25 am #

backgrounder accompanied by pro switcher, u get the palm pre’s look and feel of multitasking. Try it.

27. Albert anto October 24, 2009 at 11:02 am #

Push is juat apple s way of sucking money away from customer…by paying for the premium software and 3g connection. Dun use it. All phone that use push last in one day battery.

28. khei October 25, 2009 at 1:01 am #

Nothing happened.. installed it over and over again.. still on my ebuddy shows that, “push notification is disabled”.. can you advise please..? tq.. ^^

29. FrontLineMOG November 10, 2009 at 1:43 am #

I can only make it up to step 5.1 cause i don’t see Push Fix on my list… Is there a solution?

30. john November 10, 2009 at 4:25 am #

this 100 percent works if your gps is not working, this morning i jailbraked my iphone and discovered my tomtom navigation system wasnt working then i tried other application that use gps and realised they wernt working either then i contacted apple and they told me its probaly a jailbrake that causes it….. it replaces it with new settings so thats y GPS doent work but just right now my tom tom and other apps got the gps signal in jus 3 secs after i did all these stepsm thank you very much for who posted this,, but i uninstalled blackra1n coz i thought first that might be wots causing the problem but anyways i still have blackrock and cydia and am very happy.. byeee :D im veri hapyyy woooohoooooo

31. DwAyne November 15, 2009 at 12:01 am #

I Install the push fix! Hmm” it works outstanding! Got it with my 1st try” thanks alot :) still have one problem with the facebook chat app: my friends keep saying am offline when they try to reply…, any suggestion!

32. turck November 21, 2009 at 12:53 am #

thankyou for show me how to fix youtube . verygood thank’s again

33. Nashy November 26, 2009 at 5:52 pm #

btw, is this still the fix with single set of certificate for everyone?? i thought it will work for only the last person who install it? or is this already pushfix 2.0 which generate new set of cert for every installation???

34. DesertRose November 29, 2009 at 6:42 am #

I’ve installed it on my iPhone 3GS with 3.0 firmware, and though push for email works my push notifications from Ping! What’sapp and IM don’t work! Does anyone have any suggestions?!?!

• Anonym November 29, 2009 at 10:34 am #

how is the message, “connect to itunes to get push work” or something else error message?

35. maggie December 16, 2009 at 8:09 pm #

I’ve installed it on my iphone 2G with 3.12, i could send out but
    i dont seem to received from my friends when they ping me.
    Pls help

36. Jake December 17, 2009 at 10:45 am #

I have installed push fix on 3G S and cannot recieve messages from friends via ping. They are getting mine. Any ideas

• an December 18, 2009 at 11:02 pm #

dont install this version. it’s all using same certificate. So u can send out, but those messages sent to u will arrive randomly to other’s iphone using same certificate.

37. djholden December 22, 2009 at 5:26 am #

I just used their service and it worked great my problem was not easy to solve but Pushfix stayed with it until resolved
    Thanks Guys

38. JOn December 23, 2009 at 5:01 am #

guys, just download MxTube and use it, that’ll work just fine

39. paul December 27, 2009 at 11:01 pm #

I got as far as adding iphoneil.net but when I went to look for “pushfix”, it wasn’t there just some iphoneil theme. the only thing under the
    “P” column was Pocketguitar. Where is Push fix???????

40. abduke December 29, 2009 at 5:36 pm #

I have the same problem as Paul. Looks like they took it down. :-(
    Now what??

• Paul December 29, 2009 at 9:15 pm #

Yes they must have removed it for some reason Abduke. I’ll keep poking around to find something else but so far, no luck.

41. anto December 30, 2009 at 1:05 pm #

hang on guys,… pushfix 2.0 is coming to town soon

• abduke December 30, 2009 at 5:52 pm #

Yeah, but at what cost? :-) According to iphoneil.net (http://www.iphoneil.net/?p=32862), the old fix was problemmatic. (Lots of other sites discuss the duplicate certificate problem). So it looks like iphoneil.net took it off their source list. At the same time, they’ve added links to Push Fix 2.0 (http://pushfix.info/) which generates unique certificates, for a mere $6. If this is indeed the ultimate Push Notification fix, then I guess that’s money well spent. My problem is that I don’t care about Push Notification – I just want my GPS (and YouTube) to work, following blackra1n unlock. Does anybody know of another way to fix that? Every link I found points to the obsolete (and problemmatic) Push Fix.

• anto January 16, 2010 at 9:46 am #

in that case, use the old fix for pushfix (ver 1.0), even the single certificate used by everyone else doesnt matter for u, since u dont care about push, just remember to turn off ur push tough . I’m sure a lot of those file remaining somewhere in the internet.

• Paul December 31, 2009 at 1:04 am #

Thanks Anto. Please let me know if you hear when and where we can find Push fix 2.0 for download

• anto December 31, 2009 at 8:04 am #

if u r familiar with ssh and scp stuffs, get the pushfix from pushfix.info, u might need to cash out a bit for donation (he deserves it), but it really works great. the guy helps u to the end if got problem. in fact, this might be the manual installation version of pushfix 2.0

• Simon Ng December 31, 2009 at 5:22 pm #

@Paul, it is ready for download but it is not free.

• Paul December 31, 2009 at 9:58 pm #

I know Simon. I paid 5.99 for it last night and it works flawlessly.

42. byrn December 31, 2009 at 6:40 am #

instead of i use
    working fine so far…

43. Paul December 31, 2009 at 12:04 pm #

I downloaded Push fix 2.0 and it works beautifully. Well worth the the pittance he charges for the download. I highly recommend it to everyone with an unlocked jailbroken I phone.

Goods stuff

Paul

44. mitchie January 1, 2010 at 6:44 am #

pushfix? where to download? i cant find in CYDIA

• Paul January 1, 2010 at 7:02 am #

mitchie, Check out #56 (above) by adduke. I found it there

45. Khurram January 4, 2010 at 3:30 pm #

Works like a charm! I was unhappy with youtube being not working and this made me happy! Thanks guys, keep up the good work.

46. Mike January 8, 2010 at 8:18 pm #

Hi , love all you help here but i cannot find pushfix in the iphoneil source package, can you advise me what may be the problem?
    thanks so much
    MC

47. phonw345 January 9, 2010 at 1:19 am #

check post 56 that should do that. i would pay for a better fix .

48. Treeple7 January 13, 2010 at 8:15 pm #

Hi everyone,
    I have followed the guide to jailbreak my iPhone with blackra1n, & i encountered the below issues:
    * Fail to launch YouTube
    * WiFi is not working fine keep disconnecting
    I followed the wizard in order to install the PushFix I cannot find it?? Any idea how to solve it???

49. Basem Antonios January 14, 2010 at 6:48 pm #

Hi guys!

First I want you to smile OK! cause I just fixed my push notifications on my 3gs 32G iPhone in a very simple way after I spend long days searching on the internet and trying a lot of trial.

OK guys let’s do it..

1. Put the old AT&T SIM or any activated or unactivated AT&T SIM in you iPhone.

2. Do the factory restore by using ITunes. (update carrier data Don’t worry I did that) your iPhone will restart and will say ” waiting for activation ” That cool.

3. Then blackrain/blacksnow with the old AT&T SIM
    “Mine says NO SERVICE” so don’t worry Restart you and wait until see ” waiting for activation ” then remove AT&T SIM and put in you T-mobile SIM or any working SIM what ever and then you will see “your phone has been activated”

Congratulations :) You have activated unlucked jealbreak iphone with working Youtube and Push Notifcation :)

A special Thanks for someone called ” geminiboi who get that idea , have Fun guys :)

* No much People Know about this way PLZ try to spread it in many webs and blogs

[email protected]

50. Treeple7 January 15, 2010 at 9:40 am #

Hey Bassem Hey guys
    i still have the below issues:
    * Fail to launch YouTube
    * Fail to use the phone
    Please any suggestion???

51. Basem Antonios January 18, 2010 at 5:43 am #

Hi Treeple7 sorry for late replay i was away from the internet,

what exactly what issues you have you said youtube and fail to use the phone what that mean ? about the youtube you still have problem with your certificate

I hope you did exactly what I said in the guide really its worked for me
    just ask if you have any question about the steps.

* This guide show you how to generate you own certificate for your iphone by activated it as you using AT&T service , really you need any AT&T SIM cause its generate the certificate according to the service-subscriber key (IMSI) used to identify a subscriber on mobile telephony devices.

52. abduke January 19, 2010 at 7:57 am #

Yes, I am smiling, Basem, especially after successfully activating, jailbreaking and unlocking 2 devices with 1 AT&T SIM. Of course, you need an AT&T SIM to pull this off, which I did not have until today. But your procedure worked like a charm. :-)

• anto January 19, 2010 at 9:38 am #

wait a minute, is whta u guys mean is that we dont need all those jailbreaking and unlocking tool like redsnow, ultrasnow, etc. ??? or did i get it wrong…

53. abduke January 19, 2010 at 4:00 pm #

Anto – If you bought an iPhone from AT&T, or another legit supplier elsewhere in the world, you may want to jailbreak it to install alternate apps, but you don’t need to unlock it. However, if you want to put in another SIM, such as T-Mobile, then you do need to go through the whole unlock process.

All this thread is talking about is that after unlocking with Blacksn0w/ra1n, the push notification (and YouTube and Maps) don’t work. If this is important to you, then you either purchase PushFix for a few bucks, or borrow a friend’s AT&T SIM and follow Basem’s advice.

54. Treeple7 January 20, 2010 at 8:57 pm #

Hi Guys,again and agian i followed the complete jailbreak guide for iPhone 3G/3GS using blackra1n and blacksn0w the jailbreak works fine and i can install cydia and rock and install all the applications i wanted. But after i did this task twice and i still have the same 2 problems: Youtube problem (cannot connect to youtube) and the phone is not working (No Service).

As for the Youtube now it works coz i installed the YouTube fix1 newely publish on simonblog website.

But the phone is still not working it can read the sim card but cannot register to any network carrier. I tried using vodafone Uk sim, i tried also rogers sim card, it didn’t work :((((
    Bassem thanks for your reply but what if i cannot have any att sim??? what shall i do???

The iPhone is 3G 16GB have now the OS 3.1.2 (7D11) from 3.0.1 with the updated baseband 05.11.07 from 04.26.08. i tried to unlock it twice even with ultrasn0w,also tried downgrading with fuzzyband and unlock it again nothing worked out…still cannot use the phone… Its really upsetting i don’t know what to do i need to solve this issue?????

• Denise Olivares February 2, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

hi treeple 7 sorry your having problems. i just wanted to ask you.. after u added push.fix.info to your sources which push fix did you pick? theres push fix 2.0 , 2.0 migration , push fix support .. then theres other ones with a yellow power drill picture next to them youtube fix one ,fix 2, and fix 3
      anything will help thank you :)

• Treeple7 February 3, 2010 at 7:30 am #

Hi Denise, i totally understand your situation without youtube… i just followed the instructions and installed push fix 1 and it worked fine but as per Simon its seems, the original version of Pushfix is obsolete. Please check out PushFix 2.0 here. You can also use it to fix the YouTube problem. Your Lucky Simon replied on your post i’m still waiting for any useful reply to activate my phone…
        Anyway Good luck with your iphone :) and if i found anything i will inform u…

55. muskaan January 29, 2010 at 2:12 am #

i just unlocked my m iphone 2G version 3.1.2 and as eveyone said that youtube doesnt work im also having the same problem…i cold buy the push fix 2.0 but the problem is i dont live in states anymore so i cant buy it…plzz anyone can help me out how to get the youtube back…????

56. muskaan January 29, 2010 at 2:22 am #

hi Treepie 7 can u plz tell me where to find youtube fix1 from the simonblog? because i cant find the push fix anymore on cydia

57. Basem Antonios February 1, 2010 at 5:54 am #

Hi guys :)

I’m back sorry for being away from the internet I was having some troubles :( but I’m happy to see you again :) Any way How are you doing? :)

I’m really happy to hear that some of you success to unlock, jailbreak, fix push and youtube, that is great :)

OK guys here is the problem some of you lives out of the USA and can’t get AT&T SIM to create their own certificate for iPhone so here is the solution

Smile OK :)

you know that apple make a contract with some service provider in each country like AT&T in USA, so you can use this SIM to create the your certificate ( not required working one) NO service is OK. Try to figure which service provider in your country work with apple and follow my guide, Plz read it carefuly you need to understand the guide very good before you start doing it.

I wanna hear good news from you, OK guys :)
    I hope you got what I’m saying and I’m waiting your questions :)

Your friend
    Basem

• Denise Olivares February 2, 2010 at 11:53 am #

i tried to fix my push and you tube with the instructions above but nothing works. i dont really need those things . its not essential to my phone but i guess the fact that i cant have it makes me want it. push fix is no where on cydia after i install cydia.iphoneil.net as a source, thank you
      denise

58. Basem Antonios February 1, 2010 at 6:03 am #

file:///C:/Users/Basem/Desktop/IMG_0001.PNG

59. Basem Antonios February 1, 2010 at 6:04 am #

sorry I don’t know how to past pics here

60. Basem Antonios February 1, 2010 at 6:14 am #

61. Denise Olivares February 2, 2010 at 11:45 am #

i tried to add cydia/iphoneil.net but it gave me an error code. saying cydia.iphoneil.COM sub-process bzip2 returned error code 2 and that it failed then followed by another error code regarding repo666 same error code. i clicked ok and after that iphoneil was added as a source and i did a search for push fix but nothing came up.

• Simon Ng February 2, 2010 at 10:19 pm #

@Denise, the original version of Pushfix is obsolete. Please check out PushFix 2.0 here. You can also use it to fix the YouTube problem.

62. Denise Olivares February 2, 2010 at 11:50 am #

Hey can any one help me with you tube. i have 3gs latest firmware cydia its jailbroken all that stuff .. there’s two things i cant figure out.. how to receive mms (i can send )and you tube cant connect. PLease and thank you! :)

63. alper February 13, 2010 at 9:16 pm #

it work but there is no push fix app in given source how can i get it? thaks

• Simon Ng February 14, 2010 at 11:00 am #

@alper,

As mentioned in the post, the pushfix 1.0 is no longer available. You can check out Pushfix 2.0 here.

64. Marc October 21, 2010 at 7:47 am #

Don’t waste your time with this. if youre willing to spend $6 go to pushfix.info I just installed this yesterday and for the very first time have got push working 100% worth every penny.

65. Tristan December 5, 2010 at 11:05 am #

I tried this, worked 100% first time, Ty for the info

• umair January 6, 2011 at 4:22 am #

Hi guys, i have installed heywire on my iphone 3g 4.2.1 and its not working, but my youtube is working.. I also tried push doctor from cydia. what should I do?

66. Jed March 6, 2011 at 2:12 am #

just add this source for PushFix –

this works fine, it also has the updates.

Hope this helps, Thanks!

67. Ana Khan August 31, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

i am using a JB iphone 2G with 3.1.3, my push is not working for any messaging apps, when i tried to add source “http://cydia.iphoneil.net” i am getting this dialogue
    “Did not Find Repository
    the indicated repository could no be found. This could be because you are trying to add a legacy installer repository (these are not supported). Also, this interface is only capable of working with exact repository URL’s”

PLEASE IF SUMBODY KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT HELP,

PS: I tried push doctor, still its not working…:(

68. Hmmmm May 29, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

Can’t install Pushfix. Reads “subprocess pre-instrallation script returned error exit status 1″ and then “sub-process /usr/bin/dkpg returned an error”. Any idea what to do?

1. Update: Pushfix for Jailbroken iPhones caused Push broadcast problems | Tech Newz - July 22, 2009

[...] Pushfix is a homebrew app that “repairs” push functionality on Jailbroken apps. The iPhone Dev Team, the same folks who unlocked the iPhone in the first place, created it to help us lowly users but they left a fatal flaw in the program. It seems they used a single UDID – Unique Device ID – for the fix. This in turn creates a sort of broadcast network of multiple jailbroken phones running Pushfix that report back to the push servers with the same UDID. The result? When you push to one, you push to all. Obviously this problem will be seen in a few rare cases – and it could have already been fixed – but this brings up an important point about cloud-based computing: What happens when the cloud is broken? Because Apple chose to run this dog and pony show there is no guarantee that anything will go anywhere – just a warm and fuzzy expectation that Apple just wouldn’t screw up. [...]

2. Update: Pushfix for Jailbroken iPhones Caused Push Broadcast Problems | Cellphone Ultra - July 22, 2009

[...] Pushfix is a homebrew app that “repairs” push functionality on Jailbroken apps. The iPhone Dev Team, the same folks who unlocked the iPhone in the first place, created it to help us lowly users but they left a fatal flaw in the program. It seems they used a single UDID – different Device ID – for the fix. that in turn invents a sort of broadcast network of multiple jailbroken phones running Pushfix that report back to the push servers with the same UDID. The aftereffect? When you push to one, you push to all. [...]

3. Update: Pushfix for Jailbroken iPhones Caused Push Broadcast Problems | TechDozer.Com - July 22, 2009

[...] Pushfix is a homebrew app that “repairs” push functionality on Jailbroken apps. The iPhone Dev Team, the same folks who unlocked the iPhone in the first place, created it to help us lowly users but they left a fatal flaw in the program. It seems they used a single UDID – Unique Device ID – for the fix. This in turn creates a sort of broadcast network of multiple jailbroken phones running Pushfix that report back to the push servers with the same UDID. The result? When you push to one, you push to all. [...]

4. Update: Pushfix for Jailbroken iPhones Caused Push Broadcast Problems | info4guide - July 22, 2009

5. Update: Pushfix for Jailbroken iPhones caused Push broadcast problems | Blog13 - July 22, 2009

6. Update: Pushfix for Jailbroken iPhones Caused Push Broadcast Problems | TopBlogs - July 22, 2009

7. Update: Pushfix for Jailbroken iPhones Caused Push Broadcast Problems | The IT Chronicle - July 22, 2009

8. Jailbroken or unlocked iPhone Push errors cause AIM to misfire | MacRevu - July 23, 2009

[...] The founder of Equinux, Till Schadde, recently discovered an interesting problem with the AIM app and Push Notifications. According to Schadde and reported by Crunchgear, AIM on jailbroken and unlocked iPhones was sending messages to random recipients without the sender’s knowledge. In other words, that sexy sweet nothing you sent your sweetheart might have reached a stranger instead. (Credit: Simonblog) [...]

9. Jailbroken or unlocked iPhone Push errors cause AIM to misfire | applic8r.com - July 23, 2009

10. Jailbroken or unlocked iPhone Push errors cause AIM to misfire : telephonyindia.com - July 23, 2009

11. Jailbroken or unlocked iPhone Push errors cause AIM to misfire | The Iphone Blog - July 23, 2009

12. Jailbroken or unlocked iPhone Push errors cause AIM to misfire | Iphone 5 Download - July 24, 2009

13. FW 3.x: Push werkt maar half? - iPhone Forum - alles over de Apple iPhone, iPhone 3G en iPhone 3GS - October 7, 2009

[...] eens PushFix in Cydia. PushFix Fixes Push Notification on Jailbroken iPhone | The iPhone Blog by Simon __________________ iPhone 3G 16GB Black – Jailbreak & Unlock – FW: 3.1 Voor vragen over [...]

14. Ping!: Stuur gratis berichten met Push Notifications - Pagina 3 - iPhone Forum - alles over de Apple iPhone, iPhone 3G en iPhone 3GS - October 19, 2009

[...] Misschien al 10x gezegd, misschien een beetje laat. Maar Ping deed het bij mij ook niet. Nu dacht ik laat ik de PushFx even downloaden via Cydia. Reboot Iphone: Ping werkt! (2g, 4Gb, 3.0, JB, Unlock) PushFix Fixes Push Notification on Jailbroken iPhone | The iPhone Blog by Simon [...]

15. Push funktionen strular med Comviq - iPhoneinfo.se - iPhoneforum i Sverige - January 8, 2010

[...] [...]