How to Register an iTunes App Store Account without Credit Card

iTunes LogoBefore you can download iPhone apps from App Stor, as you should know, you’ll need to register an iTunes App Store account with a credit card number. For certain reasons, you may not have credit card or you do not want to disclose your credit card information.

So, is there any way to register an iTunes App Store account without credit card?

Definitely. It’s not a mandate to provide your credit card information to register an App Store account. You can follow the step-by-step instruction to setup the account:

1. First, launch iTunes and go to iTunes Store.

2. Next, scroll to the bottom of iTunes Store homepage and select your country.

iTunes Store - Select Country

Note: If your country does not support registration of account without credit card, please try to register it on US app store.

3. Click “App Store” to access the iPhone App Store

iTunes Store - App Store

4. Next, select any free iPhone application and click “Get App”. Make sure you should only download free application.

iTunes Store - Download free application

5. Once you try to download the free app, iTunes will request you to sign-in. As you do not have any iTunes account, click “Create new account” button to register.

iTunes Store - Create New Account

6. Click “Continue” button to proceed.

iTunes Store - Start to create new account

7. Next, read through the iTunes terms and condition. Agree it and click “Continue”.

8. Follow the instruction to fill in the email address, password, security question and birthday. Then click “Continue”.

iTunes Store - Fill in account information

9. Okay, here comes to the important part. You’ll be prompted to select the payment method of your iTunes account. Click on “None” checkbox and iTunes will no longer need you to provide the credit card information. Simply fill out your name, address and phone number to continue.

iTunes Store - Select none for Payment

10. Next, iTunes prompts you to verify your account. Click “Done” and check your registered email account. You should get and email from iTunes Store.

iTunes Store - Verify Account

11. In your mailbox, you should find an email similar to the following. Click the link and iTunes will prompt you to sign-in with your account name and password.

iTunes Store - Email

12. Congratulation! Once you login, you have successfully registered the iTunes account without using credit card.

iTunes Store - Register Account Complete

Note: Please note that you can only download free iPhone applications with the account. If you want to purchase paid apps, you’ll need to register the account with credit card.

Update: If you can’t find the “None” option, check out this post that provides more information about the issue.

261 Responses to How to Register an iTunes App Store Account without Credit Card

1. DLJF April 18, 2009 at 11:23 pm #

Hi, I cant seem to verify my email when they send me the link for verification. Keep getting errors like they cannot open iTunes and all that. Any help available?

• bebo January 10, 2012 at 4:18 am #

i dont have none option

• Nawab Singh February 19, 2012 at 10:01 pm #

I can’t make my I d on app.stor on iPhone

• sarah April 6, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

hi just right click on the url address and click copy, now open a new tab and click on the url bit again to paste the address then press enter this should open the verification page.

2. Ashok April 25, 2009 at 10:36 am #

How to download or register to itunes??

• Simon Ng April 25, 2009 at 11:31 am #

@Ashok, you can download iTunes via this link. When you try to download any iPhone application from App Store, you’ll be prompted for registration.

• Angeline Eggers January 24, 2011 at 2:07 am #

wow..its works

• AR February 4, 2012 at 11:21 am #

theres no option for none either US or Phil. even Canada

• sophorn May 22, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

I cant download :( so difficult to register for this apple aplication

3. Mathias1211 May 19, 2009 at 7:11 pm #

Your apple ID was entered incorrectly! Even tough I type in the correct password and username. Did I do something wrong??

• CK January 4, 2011 at 12:52 am #

Have you type your password with at least one uppercase alphabet?

• Elisabeth August 2, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

how do I remake a itunes account for my iPod touch because it says that my username and password are wrong i have a capital letter and a number before and after my password but i don’t know what to do because I have lost all my music and i only got my IPod touch 4 days ago.
      any advice love to hear it!

4. Re May 30, 2009 at 11:59 pm #

Worked very well!
    note: you need to have an post office number

• Karategal fosho February 16, 2010 at 12:15 am #

I cant do tis it is hard what the Hell guys suck fuckin bitches

• Jim September 14, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

The nice thing is even if you put in the wrong post office number, it’ll give you an example that will work.

• Saiha December 30, 2011 at 2:37 am #

This doesn’t work anymore, they removed the none option

5. Emma June 2, 2009 at 1:33 am #

hey

look i get the email and everything but when ever i click the link under the email it takes me to a different itunes page and it doesnt involve verification at all!!!!

please some one help me!!! i want to talk to my friends back in SA i have not spoken to them in ages!!

thanks to any one that can help me

6. emeraude June 27, 2009 at 10:34 pm #

it worked for me too , thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Glenn Javier July 7, 2009 at 10:21 pm #

can you help me.
    I followed the guide up to the part where I need to verify mu email.

when I checked my email I didn’t receive any confirmations from the iStore.
    what should I do?
    thanks!

8. Mina Antonopoulos July 9, 2009 at 6:33 am #

I have exactly the same problem…The confirmation email does not appear in my inbox.
    What should I do? A little help please..!

9. Phillip Cheung July 13, 2009 at 8:09 pm #

simon thx you for posting. I’m having problems though with trying to not put my credit card details. I’ve access the Australian version and it has no ‘none’ on the selection list of the credit cards. I accessed the U.S version and still no ‘none’. can you please respond to this. I make Podcast with a friend and can’t download it off itunes.

10. Simon Ng July 14, 2009 at 1:03 am #

@Phillip, this method only works for iTunes App Store. I think you’re referring to iTunes store, right? Then this may not work for you.

11. Meme July 18, 2009 at 4:01 am #

I did try it but when I reached the credit card step I didn’t fine *None*
    and it was the app store not the iTunes store

12. Mega August 1, 2009 at 1:54 pm #

Hi….

Superb!!! This methods help me alot.

13. hanson August 18, 2009 at 7:26 am #

it doesnt work for me…. should it be working only for US area?? i get the email already, but when i follow the link, there is nothing there, just a blank page =(

• Simon Ng August 18, 2009 at 10:30 am #

@hanson, which country are you trying to register? I tested the above procedures on US App Store.

14. Peter August 27, 2009 at 5:04 pm #

Can I do it from my iPhone???

15. rls September 11, 2009 at 8:05 am #

i cant verify my email ?

16. angie September 17, 2009 at 10:25 am #

thanks so much! helped me a lot.

17. renee September 18, 2009 at 11:44 pm #

thank you so much! i was struggling with this. this article really helped a lot thanks a lot again :) you rock!

18. ben September 25, 2009 at 11:37 am #

im having the same problem in that i get the verification email with the following:
    ‘Please click the link below to verify your account, then sign in to the iTunes Store using your new Apple ID and the password you created when you set up your account.’

however clicking on the link takes me to a generic apple/itunes page, with no login option. trying to sign in through itunes tells me i havent verified and sends me back to the above email. tried resending it but no difference.
    im living in japan but only have an australian credit card so want to be able to download apps etc to my japanese [bought and connected] iphone3g. which will only let me purchase in japan itunes – is that correct?

19. Shahab September 26, 2009 at 6:53 am #

Hi, I cant verify my email when they send me the link for verification. Keep getting errors like they cannot open iTunes and all that. Help meeeeeee

20. ben September 26, 2009 at 7:38 am #

just wanted to say mine came through. to begin with nothing i couldnt verify it either [see above post], but i waited about a day and then it worked. so i guess wait a bit longer and try it again.

21. Mae October 3, 2009 at 6:24 pm #

that’s exactly what i did, but i never read any of those tips. my innocence helped me i guess haha!

22. Patience October 9, 2009 at 9:32 am #

i tried it 4 times .. but when i get 2 the payment method .. there is no “none” only the credit cards :S .. what 2 do ??

23. casey October 10, 2009 at 1:09 am #

I followed the guide in my iphone up to the part where I need to verify mu email.

when I checked my email I did receive a confirmations from the iStore but when I try to load, it take a long time and it fail to verify.
    what should I do?
    thanks!

24. Sully October 11, 2009 at 11:12 am #

After you click on the link in your email you will get a security warning for Windows Explorer asking if you want to only deliver the content that is being sent securely…you need to click ‘NO’ on this request box. If you click ‘Yes’ the browser will hang. When you click ‘No’ if fires up iTunes and gets you to log in.

25. sunita October 28, 2009 at 10:56 am #

Hi there,
    i have spent 11hours in last two nights trying to register. none of the help worked for me until i found your very easy, step by step guide. and it worked perfectly fine for me.
    all the best. would be grateful if you could please acknoledge my comment.

god bless you.
    take care
    bye.

26. Glaucia November 9, 2009 at 8:52 pm #

Thanks a LOT! I didnt see the NONE option the first time I tried to register lol

=D

27. JOSE PEREZ November 12, 2009 at 7:10 am #

im trying to register for itunes and not getting anywhere pls assit.

28. JOSE PEREZ November 12, 2009 at 7:12 am #

hi i cant get registered to itunes pls assit me?

• Simon Ng November 12, 2009 at 2:38 pm #

@Jose, the procedures mentioned here is iTunes App Store in U.S. So, you’ll need to select the U.S. App Store to go through the registration.

29. CrankT December 5, 2009 at 11:22 pm #

FINALLY!!! EUREKA!!! I figured it out. I was having the same problem as most. When I got the verification email I would click on link and the page would just freeze or “hang”. It had to do with the parental controls, at least for AOL. I was setting this up for my child and made him an email account. It occured to me to change the settings to general, 18 and over. Worked in just a few seconds! Hope this helps. My son was mad he could not get apps and I was even more mad for having to hear about it. Apple was ZERO help by the way. I called help desk, they could not even “understand” my problem and of course gave me an email to write to. I am still waiting to hear back. Funny how easy it is for them to take your money.

30. Aaron December 9, 2009 at 9:08 pm #

Unfortunately, I don’t get a “None” option, only the credit cards and paypal.

31. Chris December 10, 2009 at 5:12 am #

See here’s the problem. There is no “None” field button in the payments page. You HAVE to have a valid card to use the service with an American address. Otherwise, you’re hooped.

• Simon Ng December 12, 2009 at 1:50 am #

@Chris, did you select US App Store?

• Jesper December 13, 2009 at 7:21 pm #

I tryed in my country, and in US but none works. There are no “none”!!! does it work for you??? then you maybe can enter a account for me?

32. Jesper December 13, 2009 at 7:17 pm #

Hey, i can chose the “none” thing in oayment methods. Plz help!

33. Ghoul December 17, 2009 at 4:07 am #

Issue:
    There is no “none” option

Solution:
    1. Click “Appstore” from main page
    2. Select your free application
    3. Click “Free” and “Install”
    4. On the registration screen, there should be selection “none”

Good luck.

34. Alex January 11, 2010 at 7:54 am #

Hello this is awsome

35. Xsassin January 18, 2010 at 8:26 pm #

Just to add some more notes:
    – If you registered yourself in a different country and want to re-register in the USA. You will have to log out and “create a new account” to change country. During the initial few steps, it will prompt you an option “to change billing address” whihc in essence is your country. Use that option and change the country before clicking on Cancel to execute the steps above.
    – Once the above is done, you can then follow the steps. Pay close attention to Step 4. It was not very obvious in my iTunes but you had to click on the combo box to set off the installation and registration screen! The combo box was not written as “Get Apps” but rather “Free Apps”. Also do not click on the down arrow button next to the combo box as it does not contain the installation command. Click on the entire combo box!

Great tip Simon. Thanks a lot! Nice blog by the way.

• Simon Ng January 18, 2010 at 9:28 pm #

@Xsassin, thanks for your note! That’s a great tip.

36. Tim January 25, 2010 at 6:10 am #

Thanks for the help, i followed the instructions and all worked well ane the app appeared in the application page,
    however will not sinc with phone ??

37. yuri January 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm #

YOU ARE DEFINITELY A BIG HELP TO ME… YEAH IT WORKS WELL AND I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM ITUNE.. MORE POWER MATE.. I OWE YOU ONE

38. vinothkumar January 31, 2010 at 4:46 pm #

worked as told !!! great . . thank you so much dude .

39. al February 6, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

does this work with version 1.0.2. for ipod nano 5g

40. akbar February 14, 2010 at 3:52 am #

it works how do you now who told you

41. KeYes February 22, 2010 at 5:29 pm #

Here is an offcial way of creating the account without credit card. This is a Apple Tech Support article:

42. jones February 23, 2010 at 3:31 am #

the procedure for the “none” payment option to get US free apps does not work. even if it works, it is helpful only for free apps, rather than paid one. when i enter a CND credit card (any card), the system does not accept it as valid US card.

43. Antzar7 March 6, 2010 at 2:44 pm #

Does it work on itouch?

• Simon Ng March 7, 2010 at 12:52 am #

@Antzar7,

Yes. It works for both iPhone and iPod touch.

44. MrMBerman March 17, 2010 at 1:01 am #

If you are outside the US but want to register with a working US address, zip code and phone number try this site http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ It’s 100% free and I can verify it works. Thank you Simon.

45. jones March 17, 2010 at 3:04 am #

@MrMBerman
    this is great. there is only one thing missing: 3-DIGIT SECURITY CODE. without that you cannot go next step.

46. Anupam Chowdhury March 25, 2010 at 11:39 pm #

hi………..

47. Anupam Chowdhury March 25, 2010 at 11:40 pm #

hi.i want regester in ituens.

48. Chelie March 31, 2010 at 9:26 pm #

Isn’t it all the games, ringtones n songs also need to registered iTunes first??
    I live at maLaysia, could u please help me?

And one more question, can I using iPhone to download games, song and etc.. Direct??

Thank u!

49. sunshine April 2, 2010 at 3:01 am #

SUPER!! Thank you for your help. What people like me should do with out you thankss

50. Melissa April 9, 2010 at 10:28 am #

thanks soooooo much!! this was a total life saver!! love from the philippines!

51. Kristian April 16, 2010 at 9:16 pm #

I can’t find the “none” button? Any tips?

52. adil April 20, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

Dear Simon thx for the great guide it works very well.
    After creating this account can i buy vouchers and redeem them to credit my account.
    just to be clear can i redeem a voucher in order to credit my account with money and to be able to buy things on the store ?

• Simon Ng April 21, 2010 at 12:08 am #

@adil,

Not sure but I think it works just like a normal iTunes account.

53. jenny tan May 5, 2010 at 2:21 pm #

Hi Simon

Do u know by agree the iTunes terms and conditions, is there any charges for that?? Total of 31 pages to go through….if u know, can tell me?

thanks
    Cheers!!

• Simon Ng May 6, 2010 at 1:14 am #

@jenny,

It’s free to register an iTunes account.

54. Deepu_rocks May 24, 2010 at 5:47 pm #

Thanks Mann!!! good job.

55. adib Almasalma June 1, 2010 at 5:17 am #

thanks a lot u r the best

56. Nadeem June 1, 2010 at 12:15 pm #

I can’t pick NONE for a option i can only pick visa mastercard or amex any one know why ?

• Simon Ng June 3, 2010 at 11:14 pm #

@Nadeem,

Try to download any free app from US App Store. After iTunes prompts you for the iTunes account, you can register an account from there. In this case, I think you can trigger the “none” option.

57. Roei June 5, 2010 at 12:22 am #

After choosing im from the US, what to enter at the address? fake stuff? and does it matter?

58. cbi June 6, 2010 at 9:14 am #

Can you sign up to another itunes account using the same email address for your main itunes account? When trying to sign up, I was told that my ID was already taken…..(by me obviously). What shall I do now?

• Simon Ng June 6, 2010 at 12:53 pm #

You can’t use the same email address to register another iTunes account. Try to use another email address.

59. Carla June 8, 2010 at 3:47 am #

this fucking shit doesn’t work. I have gone through the apps store, used the official support site and tried to create an account using two different email adresses. I keep getting sent to the main site page, where it states that i have to download itunes, which i have done 5 times now. and it still doesnt fucking work. i’m at my wits end and have been trying to sign up without a credit card for an entire month. please help, because this is ridiculous.

60. Nicole June 10, 2010 at 6:52 am #

I also can’t pick “NONE” as an option. The only options I can pick are visa, mastercard, and paypal. Can you help me?

• Simon Ng June 10, 2010 at 9:19 am #

@Nicole,

Did you pick a free app to download?

• Nicole June 10, 2010 at 12:08 pm #

I tried doing it again using another email address and I can now pick “NONE” as an option. Thank you, Simon! :)

61. Lucas June 10, 2010 at 9:40 am #

Man don’t have who to create this fucking acc DIRECT on my IPhone????????????? Is supoust to have one may ……think this

62. Nicole June 10, 2010 at 11:54 am #

Yup, I also tried changing my country to US but still, no “NONE” option.

63. wanie June 25, 2010 at 9:54 pm #

hi.
    i want to download app from Korea iTunes store.
    i did like usual, fill in the names and what not..
    and i selected none for payment.
    but, it asks me for my address in korea and also phone number.
    how can i register for iTunes korea? the apps i wanted to download is free of course.
    can u help me?

64. alex July 2, 2010 at 5:52 am #

thanx!

65. benelinda July 6, 2010 at 7:37 pm #

Why is there no option as “none” when I try to create an new account? It is requiring me always of credit card details, paypal or discover.

• Simon Ng July 6, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

@benelinda,

Did you select to download a free iPhone app? The “none” option is only available for free app.

66. Help July 17, 2010 at 3:32 am #

it asks me for my phonetic last name, postal code, prefecture, address and phone number what do i fill in?

67. jonathon murphy July 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm #

how do i get i tunes on my i phone for free?

• Sean July 20, 2010 at 9:24 am #

isn’t it supposed to already be there?

68. Bakaka July 23, 2010 at 5:37 pm #

This works Great! You can do it using Itunes at PC as well…just select FREE APPS and then start download, then only create the account, there will have an option = NONE on the payment method! Cool!

• Still Help July 26, 2010 at 2:19 pm #

but still, when making a japan itunes account, what do i fill in for the phonetic last name, postal code, prefecture, address and phone number?

69. gopal singh July 31, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

how to create new account in itune

70. Danilo August 4, 2010 at 2:04 am #

weird.

Doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried setting it to a variety of countries. I have itunes9 and there’s no option to register with no CC

71. Ashok August 8, 2010 at 12:00 am #

How to download files from computer hard disk to itune. Some video file cannot download to itune. What will be the problems?

72. muhamed August 11, 2010 at 12:38 am #

I use itunes 9.2 when going to the 2nd step ”payment method there is no “none” beside credit cards
    so,please help me i want to get apps to my iphone
    thanks……..

73. Bashar August 11, 2010 at 7:54 am #

Works like a charm. THANK YOU.

74. dhillow August 11, 2010 at 12:43 pm #

lush yaar maza aa gaya i m lovin it

75. nora August 17, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

It does not exist a “none” button !!
    is it because i have an ipod touch ? i´ve done everything you said, but its not an opportunity to choose NONE.. did I do something wrong ??

• Simon Ng August 17, 2010 at 9:59 pm #

@nora,

Did you try to download a free app?

76. smile August 24, 2010 at 3:19 pm #

Hey,

whenever i fill out the application thing to get an account, it says im not eligible to create an account at this time, so i got my dad to fil it out and it ccame up with the same message.

whats going on?

77. soso August 28, 2010 at 11:34 pm #

hey there
    i cant register an tiune app store? i don’t know why they asking me about a password but i don’t know what worng withit i need help pz? thanks

78. setareh September 5, 2010 at 9:00 am #

I love uuuuuuuuuu!!!! thank u soooo much. i tried several times before but it didnt work. i was really sad and hopeless till i found U!! and now i have an account! thank u sooooo much my friend.
    im from persia

79. setareh September 5, 2010 at 9:18 am #

i have a problem! when i select the get app” it shows me an error that “your request cannot be processed Error cod 1009. :( whats the error?!! help me pleas:(

80. Triniallan September 13, 2010 at 8:32 pm #

I have to let you all know that this works for existing accounts that got prompted for credit card verification as well.
    I have an existing account on iTunes 10.0.0.68 with no credit card on file and one day it started asking me to login and verify credit card.

I followed these steps but after selecting a free app and being prompted to log in, I used my existing account credentials instead. I saw the “none” selection but it was already selected. I was also prompted to enter a”salutation” which I did not have entered before. After entering the “SALUTATION” I was able to update the account info.

81. suker September 15, 2010 at 10:31 am #

I´ve done everything you said, AND I choose NONE AND finally when i click on DONE to confirm it returns me buck to the privies page and the message appears “your billing method is declined or invalid” something like this, but i chose none. did I do something wrong ??

82. sandhya September 24, 2010 at 6:58 pm #

Thanks alot it worked

83. Col September 26, 2010 at 3:01 pm #

I tried all of the steps above and when i clicked continue after entering None and US address, it brought me back to the page saying my payment method is declined or invalid.

Someone please please help me set up US account!!! My email add is [email protected] , you can put a random password and secret question for me. Just email me the password after that,thanks!!

84. wai October 9, 2010 at 10:09 pm #

thx for that …. very usefull

85. gt October 17, 2010 at 4:06 am #

IT WORKS…..many thanks

86. Coder October 24, 2010 at 1:31 am #

Guys I Fucking Tried any tips or similar fake something on Iphone NO FUCKING WORKS WITHOUT CREDIT CARD OR SIMILAR SELECT
    IF YOU CAN PLEASE HELP ME

MANY THANKS FROM LONDON

87. Summer Camps October 30, 2010 at 6:37 pm #

Best you should edit the post name title How to Register an iTunes App Store Account without Credit Card | The iPhone and iPad Blog by Simon to more better for your content you write. I enjoyed the post yet.

88. Stefi November 5, 2010 at 11:52 pm #

I don’t have the none button :/ any help?

• Simon Ng November 6, 2010 at 1:09 am #

@Stefi,

Did you select a free app?

89. Afug November 8, 2010 at 12:28 am #

I’ve registered and everything. I used the proper Apple ID and password to verify my account. Everything seems well but then it’s telling me that I haven’t verified it when I try to sign in. EVERY TIME. What’s wrong? D:

90. gurpreet November 20, 2010 at 5:21 pm #

i wanna create a accont in itunes.i m already using itunes10 64 bit version .bt wen i try to create a account i had not seen a “none” radio button option in payment method.so plz try to make my help i wanna create a account widout master card

91. Tsetso November 21, 2010 at 7:30 am #

Yessssssss!!!!U just need to change your e-mail!!!

92. Sonja November 21, 2010 at 7:47 pm #

Hi Simon, can you help me? I’ve tried to sing up several times and every time whoen i’m done, I go to check my mail, and the verication mail won’t come :( i dont understand why.

Please help me :S

93. Prasad November 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm #

Dear Mr. Simon

Sir, hope this mail of mine would find you in good health, i need a bi favour from you.

I bought last night iphone 4 and i cant install any application as it is asking for itunes id

i tried my level best i couldnt. so please make an id and password for me, i would really appreciate that.

I am presently residing in saudi arabia.

looking forward for your reply eagerly.

regards

Prasad Gangadharan

[email protected]

94. Alphonso November 27, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

Mr. Simon, please help me with my problem. I cant see the NONE button. the only things that appear are visa, master card, up to paypal help me pls. thanks. :)

• Simon Ng November 27, 2010 at 8:49 pm #

@Alphonso,

Did you download a free app? By the way, what app are you going to download?

95. MAXWELL November 29, 2010 at 7:43 pm #

JUST FOLLOW THISE SIMPLE STEPS.. IT WORKS WELL WITH ME.. THANK U SO MUCH

96. Itunes enthusiast November 30, 2010 at 6:55 pm #

After i open an app store id and select no payment,if i ever wish to buy chargable apps can i do so by opening a new paid itunes account with my existing app store id?Please reply i am very confused.

• Simon Ng November 30, 2010 at 9:24 pm #

In case you want to purchase a paid app, you need to register with your credit card. The procedures described here is for those who want to register an App Store account without the need of credit card. However, the account can only be used to download FREE app.

97. denis December 2, 2010 at 1:21 am #

I haven’t “NONE” payment card .
    Wat’s the problem ?

:(((

• denis December 2, 2010 at 1:37 am #

I resolved the problem .. Hoohh …

• Anton October 31, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

how do you resolve the problem? reply

98. Sukhpreet December 2, 2010 at 10:23 pm #

Thanks a tonne man… This has really helped.

99. Anjali December 10, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

Thanks a lot it really helped

100. MatPhat December 13, 2010 at 4:24 pm #

I still haven’t “NONE” payment card…
    What the problem? whats country i wn to choose?
    Please someone help me..

• Simon Ng December 15, 2010 at 1:07 am #

Try to use the US App Store and download a free app. The NONE option will only appear when downloading a free app.

101. Alhaji Igi December 15, 2010 at 4:47 am #

It worked 4 me! I regd wt itunes successfully wtout a card. U guys r very helpful.

102. Moon December 21, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

i pick a free application. but none won’t appear . please help me

103. xoxokcxoxo December 29, 2010 at 4:26 am #

thank you s0o0o much! ^.^

104. Fardin January 3, 2011 at 5:29 am #

Hi ! I could register my account but when I want to download free apps The error 1009 comes and I can’t download ,what should I do ?

105. momme January 5, 2011 at 6:46 am #

the “none” chckbox isn’t there for me, somebody please help

106. benedikt January 6, 2011 at 9:49 am #

the “none” chckbox isn’t there for me too

• Sherry January 7, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

SAME HERE. I don’t think the iTunes10 have it. Maybe they found out about his sneaky way….

107. parrot mki9200 January 9, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

I found your site thought search engine,I cannot describe how beautifully
    the slides into the cradle and docks sweetly with the thru connector. Like I
    said, well worth the premium.

108. Lionel Perrin January 11, 2011 at 3:07 am #

IM STILL NOT HAVEING FUN WITH THIS THING YET

109. roshean January 12, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

thanks a lot!!!!

110. Machete January 17, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

The link work! Awesome! http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

At first I can’t find the “none” option. I follow the steps (I even make a new email) and eureka!

111. kagna January 24, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

i’m having problem with create itune password,
    i sign up one account in itune, i fill everything but the password alway need verify again n again, it say need at least one uppercase but i already did.. so pls anyone here give me an example of password ? pls i do need ur help.. just an example pls..

112. Machete January 25, 2011 at 8:43 am #

@kagna: I had the same problem before. You both need an upper case and lower case letter for example “123Ab”. Hope in helps.

113. Nilay January 26, 2011 at 8:01 pm #

Thanks for the advice!!
    I’ve learned a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

114. -609 January 27, 2011 at 3:38 am #

1. I was able to make an iTunes Store account without providing cc or paypal information and download a free app with these directions, but I had to make a new Apple ID account to do so. Why couldn’t I just use my pre-existing Apple ID to setup an iTunes Store account with a payment choice of “none.”? My error?

2. After getting the -609 error when trying to download album artwork – my whole reason for investigating this to begin with – I will try the program fixtunes. Is there any additional information about the -609 error? The Apple discussions threads seem to have no explanation except for suggesting a re-boot or fixtunes….

Thanks for better illustrating the existing Apple tech note on this procedure.

115. Hannerrrrr January 27, 2011 at 4:46 am #

mine doesn’t have a “none” option.

116. mary February 1, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

if you follow the instructions exactly, it will work and you will see the “none” option. you need to have the itunes player installed and create the account thru it, not thru itunes.com website. its not anything sneaky, itunes’ own website explains how to do it, just like simon did. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534 . you must sign out of any itunes account that you currently have and use a new email address that is not being used for any other apple/mac account. it works for any country but the US store is the most popular. and the itunes verification email isn’t always instant; sometimes it takes a few hours to arrive or you can go back to the sign in page and click re-send. and you must be in the App store to open an account, but after it is open and veriifed, then you can download anything that’s free: apps, songs, tv shows, etc. there’s a big list of free itunes on my site: usitunes.blogspot.com

117. EspadaGrando February 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

3/02/2011:it still works!!!thankx…

118. natnat February 12, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

You can buy Japan iTunes prepaid cards from http://www.japan-codes.com
    It’s an online store that sells gift cards, game cards from Japan.

119. markie February 21, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

i want to be a member

120. najid March 19, 2011 at 12:39 am #

i luv uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu thnx aloooooooooooooooot 4 dis post im savd nw ………thnk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

121. bre April 24, 2011 at 12:55 am #

When I try to register it dosent show a “none” link for the credit card what do I do because I have no credit card.

122. ger April 24, 2011 at 12:43 pm #

I really find it hard to verify my apple ID, and I guess, I need help..:(

• Simon Ng April 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

What error did you experience?

123. kayana May 5, 2011 at 5:01 am #

how old do it have to be to have an account

124. Abs May 7, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

thank you simon. really helpful.

1. using your iphone, sign out from app store
    2. go to a page where you can download a free app, example, top 25 free app. click to download any of the free apps.
    3. a prompt will appear, will ask you to sign in or create new id.
    4. choose create new id, enter country like USA
    5. use this site http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ to generate valid random name
    6. when you reach the credit card part, you’ll be surprised that the NONE option is already there….

• Simon Ng May 9, 2011 at 11:47 pm #

@Abs, thanks for your tips!

125. You May 10, 2011 at 10:04 am #

I love you! You are awesome. At first I didn’t see a ” none” option but then I reloaded the app store, clicked the free app I wanted and the ” none” option appeared I’m sooo happy!!!!

• lawal May 25, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

126. Pallavi May 11, 2011 at 4:18 am #

Im from india and well, India doesn’t have that “none” option next to it. :P
    So I tried linking myself up with the United States. Is there anyhow you could give me an address so that I can make the account.
    Im absolutely clueless about the US addresses.
    It would be great if you could help. :)

• Abs May 12, 2011 at 10:53 am #

Please read the whole thread before asking. Your question have an answer somewhere.

127. Pallavi May 11, 2011 at 5:05 am #

I found the none button but now everytime I try downloading a free App, It asks for my password and billing info. What do i do ?

128. Mark Allan May 22, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

Thank you very much for this.

129. ASKER May 28, 2011 at 6:52 am #

HOW?!!! WHAT VERSION OF ITUNES SHOULD I DOWNLOAD?

130. Mamoi May 28, 2011 at 7:50 am #

Sir, i can’t see the “NONE” in the Payment Options. why?

• Harland May 28, 2011 at 9:47 am #

hahaha. we cant find it.

131. Adrian June 7, 2011 at 1:15 pm #

Thank you so much! It works! :D

132. Omotayo June 18, 2011 at 3:59 am #

Thank you very much…its works like charm. What a great hero you are. Peace

133. shaine June 23, 2011 at 5:28 am #

Thank you. This does work. =)

134. amiri June 25, 2011 at 5:48 pm #

i cant mak free accuont whitout credit cart pleas this is my yahoo id
    help me

135. ricky July 8, 2011 at 3:09 am #

thanks. this worked great

136. Tasja July 9, 2011 at 5:54 am #

i’ve tried many times to create an account from Suriname with fake US addresses. But its seems no use, i think apple track the ip address and know i’m not in the US.. I really need help. Who can help me create an account? Please…..

137. Tasja July 9, 2011 at 5:54 am #

i’ve tried many times to create an account from Suriname with fake US addresses. But its seems no use, i think apple track the ip address and know i’m not in the US.. I really need help. can you help me create an account? Please…..

138. mediafire July 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Great work! This is the type of info that are meant to be shared around the internet. Shame on Google for now not positioning this publish higher! Come on over and discuss with my website . Thank you =)

139. Daniel Degorl July 27, 2011 at 3:20 am #

I’ve been trying to sign up on itune, but is not working and i don’t know why, even though i click on free sign up for itune but it doesn’t work too. is it because i don’t have a card for buying it?

140. marquee hire surrey August 3, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

great post thanks for sharing. it worked good for me

• WISDOM May 6, 2012 at 11:52 pm #

plz can help me with your account so that I can download stanza reader pleasssssssssssssssss..

141. Alain August 13, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

Thank you so much for your help!I solved my problem!

Alain

142. Jessica August 17, 2011 at 5:45 am #

Can this work if I already have an itunes account?

143. Meliane September 5, 2011 at 2:19 am #

Hey awesome! Thank you so much for this post helped a lot! ;)

144. ARtue October 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm #

the last step
    give email address
    the last step
    I give my email address and can not
    after i give with @apple.com even tried here but it is not too

145. Ali shAikh October 20, 2011 at 6:22 pm #

hEy,,, nice w0rk sweetheart today u solve my bulshit matter

Thanks Al0t

Shaikh BABA

UAE

146. Anton October 31, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

Simon, thanks it help me a lot. i wish that you can help more people

147. jeff December 5, 2011 at 9:13 pm #

hi

with the billing option… theres no NONE option in my case i ha\ve no choice i dont know what happen

148. NAVEED AHMED December 11, 2011 at 9:51 pm #

thanks a lot

149. Karran December 16, 2011 at 2:05 am #

I really want to this idea

150. sato17 December 17, 2011 at 11:09 am #

excellent!! thanks a lot..

151. Brian January 4, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Worked perfectly as of this post’s date.

152. vamsi January 17, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

Hi….Thank you very much :) Its worked :)

153. marlon speid January 26, 2012 at 3:34 am #

i will to be a applicant of itunes my name marlon speid. by put up my own songs from my artist dadda habba g chippstar.

154. Michael January 28, 2012 at 10:44 am #

hi sir can i request to make an itunes account for me, because i can not download on the app store on my iphone 3g! any apple id and password that you put in it’s ok! Michael from Pampanga Phililippines!tnx:)

155. Sam Howell February 15, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

Dosent work. No longer that option. What do i do?

156. Manoj February 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

Thank you so much.. i tried and it worked… thanks again

157. Mohanesh February 24, 2012 at 10:48 am #

very helpful info. thank you dude! cheers up!

158. GUDDU MISHRA March 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

registration) follow tutorial here or there. To top off your account with money,

159. ty March 12, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

thanks for the help..!

160. Danny April 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

very thank you for ur information, thx a lot ^^

• Ben April 21, 2012 at 3:05 pm #

Simon – good stuff. Your process steps worked. I need to download the Canada Post App (its a free one) for packages I send for http://www.sidecarpro.com , however my Itunes is registered to HK. I read through quite a few of the other blogs and was having similar difficulties to everyone else: no “none” button on credit card field, trying the under 18 route, downloading off a free app, creating new ID etc. The missing element, sign up for a US account as their terms are slightly different and you do get the “none” option at the credit card question.

Cheers Ben

161. tAtedindunurf May 22, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

???Alright s lige her den Deal med disse beats Studio, whn i Første gt THM i var besiddelse virkelig betydelige forventninger FR salgsprisen, og IW deffinately lt ned .. MEN! THES slår <a href="beats by drre danmark ar forbedring frm yur fælles sætter nd r wthut tvivl den frst valget hvis vores lytter t krævende bass tht i behov, nd BNG veludstyret til høre til den uden besiddelse th højttalere wht du ønsker korrekt? pænt t bestemmer det på, th bas er deffinately god s det ay n th boks, dyb og meget lav og det mad Videre somhedens hits, yt de mellemtone og diskant d gt Lost nto den mix whn th bas hiting vanskeligere men selv nu de højdepunkter ar klarere nd skarpere THN somhedens headset Jeg HAV ejede nd th mids deffinately etape noget ud af korrekt, nu ive sæt på lle diffferent typer af headset og th er deffinately th MOT holdbare nd yu betale fr tht fremragende , huske n faktor selvom .. dit mght ikke være virkelig værd th pris t like wh bare Wnt en anstændig lavpris Dr. Dre Studio Beats hovedtelefoner – er disse Omkring øret hovedtelefoner For dig
    , dette i top nd fr Top karakter man betale th yderligere kontanter og mtme en lttle yderligere nd i enige for Thoe der s vores betale dels fr NM Dr.Dre og Monster .. whh alwy OVR salgspris deres artikler .. så synes, ths headset impresive men ikke så impresive ai krævede, jeg anbefale t rgrdless ven wth th soundleakage, atleast Thers ved ou er ikke rode all-around

Mens nt havng n mids producerer på ting designernes f th uhyrligheder TRED t overbelaste en th QUT valset tilbage højder. Den resultater synes LKE th Tin Guy af Oz truffet en afgørelse t Tilmeld dig drengen George bandet og sæt h rør th eksamen. Men OTHR thn vokaler dit sted symboler, klokkespil, højere hader, nd Ther musik langt n historie whn t ikke aktivt at spille b alene. Så whil Song mght starte ff Wth klokkespil og audio første sats, ligesom Ther kiosk wth th emner NCE audio begynder deltager i alle de lyde Gå langt nto th kvalifikationer Dr Dre hovedtelefoner

162. bomba.stz May 28, 2012 at 3:28 am #

SASHO6

163. Npojpnpjonojp June 29, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

164. Blake john Ross July 13, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

hi my name is blake ross i have a few questions………
    1) how in the world do i do this aplication????????
    2) do i need an email address???????
    3) do i need a credit card or any card at all because i do not know the account number or BSB ????

165. preeti22 July 16, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

Thanks for the steps of “How to Resister itunes account without credit card for US ITunes Store”, it is very impotent thing for new member, how to be a part of ITunes Store ans some time people miss all Music, Movies, TV Series, eBooks, Audio Books,iPhone Applications, iPod Applications and iPad applications and i would’t like to anybody miss all that fun stuff.

166. iphone 4s review hd July 22, 2012 at 7:41 am #

You have to redo it for each sim card you put in. Sorry buddy.

167. Ralph caspe16 August 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

Thank you because i have ah apps store register

168. Ralph caspe16 August 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

Thank you because i have ah apps store register

169. full coverage dental insurance August 29, 2012 at 12:48 am #

Why Must I Get Orthodontics Insurance?

full coverage dental insurance

170. Coaching Course London August 30, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

I want to voice my love for your generosity giving support to people who need guidance on this idea.
    Your personal commitment to getting the solution throughout appeared to be definitely valuable and
    has in every case permitted women like me to get to their dreams.
    Your warm and helpful report means a lot a person like me and even further to my fellow workers.
    Best wishes; from each one of us.

171. hit September 9, 2012 at 7:09 am #

Full Organik Hit Seo Programı ile Google ve diğer arama motorlarında ön sıralara çıkmak çok
    kolay ve tamamen ücretsiz.

172. Rania September 13, 2012 at 2:47 am #

it worked!
    with my countrry there is nnot the option none.
    Thank you again.

173. Mark September 20, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

Nice! Works like a charm. A great place to buy US iTunes card so can actually buy the content is a site called cardmummy.com You get the code instantly in the email, fast and reliable service!

174. shine September 25, 2012 at 9:57 am #

i have just 3 options in creating my account visa,mastercard,amex what should i do?

175. EBRAHIM September 28, 2012 at 3:14 am #

I want to get the apple store id free without credet card

176. Evits October 7, 2012 at 2:25 am #

Well, It didn’t work for me! Only 3 options CREDITS CARDS, Damn! I should really get one, But the thing is i CAN’T! :/

177. Kim November 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

Prevent these media files from opening in the full-screen Windows 8 apps when you double-click them.
    For example, Statins, a class of pharmaceutical cholesterol-lowering medications, has become an $18
    billion market in the U. This is mainly due to people who have tried
    these health supplements and got positive results from them and have
    given positive feedback.

178. Larry December 26, 2012 at 5:44 am #

Step to follow so I can create my Itune account

179. nike free run 2 cheap January 31, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

Good day I am so happy I found your site, I really found you by mistake, while I
    was searching on Bing for something else, Nonetheless
    I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

180. naemah zaki March 17, 2013 at 12:23 am #

why my itunes has no ‘NONE’ for payment methode??

181. shakira May 5, 2013 at 3:09 pm #

why my itunes has no none for payment method

182. Joon. May 17, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

Is there no way to make an account for foreign countries without credit card? Please contact me via email.

• Guest December 22, 2013 at 8:05 pm #

tell me sir

• Guest December 22, 2013 at 8:07 pm #

i want account plz tell me some

183. Joon. May 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

For those who are trying to solve this you must first go to the app store then click download on the app without being logged in. Then you will see the create option popping up and then you make your account like that. If you as i say you will not need a credit card. I hope this help.

184. jak September 20, 2013 at 5:58 am #

In the first paragraph you forgot the “e” in store.

185. how to dry wet carpet August 26, 2014 at 12:42 am #

Yes! Finally someone writes about cleaning mould.

186. kelbpercobooks.us August 30, 2014 at 2:21 pm #

Hello! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of
    my old room mate! He always kept talking about this.
    I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a
    good read. Thanks for sharing!

187. kovaceva September 4, 2014 at 4:21 am #

nqma registiraciq

188. Mikel September 4, 2014 at 9:24 am #

If these averages are at all near right, then a cigarette smoker may probably spare about 70% every single
    year. The electronic cigarette is that it
    is in. The refill cartridges comprise propylene glycol dry ice, water, and other resources
    that are pointing out the lousy affects of tobacco cigarette.
    The successful experiences oof others motivate them to give up the tar and tobacco free
    smoking experience. You may be offered a personal case for storage
    purposes and obviously the stylistic choices are what is e cigarette varied.

189. m88 September 9, 2014 at 7:52 pm #

Askking questions are genuinely pleasant thing if you are not understanding anythng fully, except this paragraph gives nice understanding yet.

190. m88 September 11, 2014 at 3:19 am #

I think the admin of this website is in fact working hard for his web site, for
    the reason that heree every information is quality based data.

191. google advertising professional September 12, 2014 at 1:11 pm #

An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto
    a co-worker who was conducting a little homework on this.

And he in fact bought me breakfast due to the fact
    that I found it for him… lol. So let me reword this….
    Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to talk about this issue here on your web site.

192. get free itunes money September 13, 2014 at 6:33 am #

Hi there. Simply wished to question a quick issue.
    I’m piecing together my own weblog and want to understand in which you were
    given your own design? Seemed to be that no cost? Or maybe was that
    paid? I can not often uncover anything at all as well as this
    one, therefore ideally you’ll be able to ok, i’ll learn.
    Appreciate it. PS, my own i’m sorry. British seriously isn’t my primary dialect.

193. best friend quotes September 16, 2014 at 12:11 am #

I’m not sure the place you’re getting your information,
    but great topic. I needs to spend a while
    studying much more or figuring out more. Thanks for excellent
    information I was searching for this info for my mission.

1. com3.es | How To Download Dragon Dictation App for iPhone Even if You’re Not From U.S. - December 11, 2009

[…] US app store provides you with an option to register an account without credit card. You can follow this step-by-step guide to complete the registration. Once you have an account for the US app store, you can logon to it […]

2. 20 tips berguna untuk pengguna baru Apple Iphone | JomPHP - February 24, 2010

[…] http://www.simonblog.com/2009/04/14/how-to-register-an-itunes-app-store-account-without-credit-card/ […]

3. Ai Iphone? - Page 18 - Craiova Forum - May 11, 2010

[…] un cont pe iTunes http://www.simonblog.com/2009/04/14/…t-credit-card/ __________________ If music be the food of love , play on -Shakespeare rZv stand`s for […]

4. How to Register an iTunes Account With No Credit Card | The iPhone Guru - June 5, 2010

[…] Here’s how to set up an iTunes account with no credit card from SimonBlog: […]

5. How to Register an iTunes Account With No Credit Card | The iPad Guru - June 5, 2010

6. How To Download Free iPhone Apps from Japan App Store - iPad – Technology Insured Future - June 5, 2010

[…] a year ago, I wrote a guide to show you how to register an iTunes account without the need of a credit card. The guide is […]

7. How To Download Free iPhone Apps from Japan App Store — Gadget Tech - June 5, 2010

8. How To Download Free iPhone Apps from Japan App Store | How To Buy Tech Insurance - June 6, 2010

9. How To Download Free iPhone Apps from Japan App Store « Geejenkins's Blog - June 9, 2010

10. How To Pimp My iTouch » Blog Archive » How To Download Free iPhone Apps from Japan App Store - July 17, 2010

11. Official Pokemon game coming to iPhone and Android this summer | Games and Me - July 6, 2011

[…] Pokemon fans will surely find a way to download the app outside of Japan, especially since creating a Japanese iTunes app store account is actually not too […]

12. Pokemon Game Headed to iOS and Android (Yes, Really) - July 6, 2011

[…] recover elsewhere in a world. GR does indicate out it’s not generally formidable to make a Japanese iTunes account, so it competence be probable to get a diversion in unfamiliar markets but most […]

13. Pokemon Game Headed to iOS and Android (Yes, Really) – 1UP.com | IT Blog - July 6, 2011

[…] for release elsewhere in the world. GR does point out it’s not especially difficult to make a Japanese iTunes account, so it might be possible to get the game in foreign markets without much […]

14. Pokemon Game Headed to iOS and Android (Yes, Really) | Games and Me - July 6, 2011

[…] for release elsewhere in the world. GR does point out it's not especially difficult to make a Japanese iTunes account, so it might be possible to get the game in foreign markets without much […]

15. New Pokemon App Coming To Smartphones | Gaming Bus - July 6, 2011

[…] find a way to download the app outside of Japan, especially being that it’s a cinch to make a Japanese iTunes account, which would make it possible to get the game into foreign markets without much […]

16. Pokemon Game Headed to iOS and Android (Yes, Really) – 1UP.com | Information and Technology Blog - July 21, 2011

17. StarrySky~Sleeping Boyfriend~app | LovablePunk - November 10, 2011

[…] from Japan iTunes store. To make your Japanese account (free registration) follow tutorial  here or there. To top off your account with money, you need to buy Japan iTunes gift […]

18. Electronic Surveillance - May 15, 2012

click to read…

[…]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[…]…

19. Apple Tips: 20 Tips Berguna Untuk Pengguna Baru Apple Iphone - October 11, 2012

[…] Daftar Itunes account tanpa credit card Anda cuba download app dari App Store, dan ianya memerlukan akaun Itunes. Anda cuba daftar akaun Itunes, tetapi anda tiada credit card. Macamana tu? Ikuti tutorial ini: http://www.simonblog.com/2009/04/14/how-to-register-an-itunes-app-store-account-without-credit-card/ […]

20. apple store jp acc -百分百好站 -apple store jp acc - February 25, 2013

[…] How to Register an iTunes App Store Account without Credit Card | The iPhone and iPad Blog […]

21. 20 tips berguna untuk pengguna baru Apple Iphone | Abe Solutions - August 4, 2013

22. How To Fix Itunes Error 1009 Errors - Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 - November 7, 2014

[…] How to Register an iTunes App Store Account without … – Apr 14, 2009 · Before you can download iPhone apps from App Stor, as you should know, you’ll need to register an iTunes App Store account with a credit card number…. […]