Bluetooth File Transfer for iPhone – iBluetooth is Finally Here

iBluetoothEarlier, I reported the iBluetooth software that targets to power iPhone to transfer files between other devices via Bluetooth. Today, MeDevil officially announced the release of iBluetooth and it’s publicly available for download in Cydia (via iSpazio source).

This is really a great news for iPhone users. We have heard complaints from both iPhone or non-iPhone users that the bluetooth support on iPhone just sucks! Apple’s iPhone only comes with very minimal support for bluetooth headset. Other than that, it’s nothing. You can’t even transfer file between other bluetooth devices, while this feature is common on most mobile phones.

Now, with iBluetooth, iPhone is allowed to send and receive files between other bluetooth devices (e.g. mobile phone, bluetooth-enabled computer). iBluetooth comes with a file browser for you to navigate the iPhone file system. It also lets you easily select photo from camera roll and sends them to other device.

However, there is a catch. iBluetooth is not a free software and costs 3.99 euro for a license. To let you test out the app, iBluetooth offers a 7-days free trial. Simply tap “Get License” button to get a trial license.

Download iBluetooth from CydiaGet a 7 day trial license

Please note that iBluetooth only support jailbreak iPhone with firmware 2.1 or up. It’s not compatible with iPod Touch 1G & 2G.

I’ve installed the iBluetooth on my iPhone. The first impression is pretty good. It can detect my Sony PC and transfer file between each other. I’ll write a more detailed review very soon. Stay tuned.

[Thanks our reader Alex Chai for sharing the news!]

Update: You can also check out Bluetooth Photo Share, available from AppStore, that lets you share photos via bluetooth.

, ,

60 Responses to Bluetooth File Transfer for iPhone – iBluetooth is Finally Here

1. Abhishek March 13, 2009 at 5:24 am #

Had a question regarding bluetooth transfer Simon. Can it also transfer video recorded by Cycorder?
    Thanks much.
    Abhishek.

• Simon Ng March 13, 2009 at 8:21 am #

@Abhishek,

Yes. iBluetooth offers a file browser that can navigate through the whole iPhone file system. You can find cycorder video under /User/Media/Videos.

2. Alex Chai March 13, 2009 at 9:13 am #

thanks simon for putting up the news so quickly! i’ll be waiting for your review. am still deciding whether i should install iBluetooth (which i heard is full of bugs), or to wait for the supposedly more stable SweetTooth by the original iBluetoothProject team.

3. soorms March 13, 2009 at 11:27 am #

i don’t know how ethical this is, but if you go to xsellize.com and create an account, and then add :http://xsellize.com/username-password (and insert your username and password) you can get this full app (among many others), for free.

this doesn’t support the creators of such wonderful apps however

4. soorms March 13, 2009 at 11:33 am #

i meant to add, you need to add that link to cydia sources :)

5. Raj March 13, 2009 at 2:41 pm #

thats bad…. it should be offered for free…. i cant see any differenr b/w apple guys & MeDevil folks…

As stated by Domenico at http://www.medevil.net:
    “Please, understand that the “free way” is not the right way. If you want this application “for free” then take the “a cracked version”, but you’re essentially removing yourself the possibility to have more features”

so my question is from where i can fine cracked version.. & is it safe to use it???

-Raj

6. Shivam March 14, 2009 at 5:31 pm #

How can i transfer music ? Can’t figure it out.

7. mayur March 14, 2009 at 11:25 pm #

i have a 2.0.2 version iphone and that too 2g can i use ibluethoot? If not how to use it?

• Simon Ng March 15, 2009 at 12:30 pm #

@mayur, you can use iBluetooth on iPhone 2G as mentioned in the iBluetooth website. You can download the application from Cydia and obtain a free trial license to test out.

8. Karan March 17, 2009 at 3:23 am #

HI I installed the software but evertime i tried to start the software it said iBluetooth app failed to open
    Please help me guys what to do in this case?

9. soorms March 17, 2009 at 3:37 am #

The cracked version works fine for syncing with computer I believe. However, me and my friend tried to do an iphone to iphone sync and it didnt work out too well. For some reason when you set your device to be ‘seen’ thru the application, it conflicts with your bluetooth settings under you actual iphone settings. So the basic workaround is to first make sure you turn on blue tooth thru ur settings, and then turn on discover device thru the actual app itself to avoid conflicts. Additionally, the cracked app works well, but I decided to uninstall and buy the app to support further development :)

10. varun malkani March 18, 2009 at 8:26 pm #

hi iblutooth is amazing but i had a problem i wanted to buy the full version but i am scared to put my credit card no in so please please can u tell me a way how to get around this (i live in india) thanks

11. funer90 April 6, 2009 at 8:13 am #

what if i want to receive a video where do y save it??

12. Harish May 3, 2009 at 6:28 am #

I have installed iBluetooth 1.0.8. When I try to open the app it is giving a popup saying the application iBluetooh cannot be opened. Please help me how to use the app.

I am using iPhone 2G firmware ver 2.2.1.

Thanks a ton in advance…..

13. dawn May 17, 2009 at 6:44 pm #

hi,i seem to have the same problem as harish.downloaded iblutooth 1.0.8 and using iphone 2g unlocked and jailbroken on firmware 2.2 and will not open. please help its driving me mad!!! many thanks

14. samir June 14, 2009 at 12:15 am #

if any body can help me to know from which website or from where can i download the ibluetooth

15. fahad June 18, 2009 at 6:00 am #

hi guys
    i’ve the ibluetooth it working fine with sending photo
    but it doesn’t wile i’m receiving the photos
    really the program receive the photo but the iphone can’t recognize the photo format i should go with iphone pc suite and adjust the format and so for the name of the photo

please replay with a solution ..
    regardes

16. Hani July 8, 2009 at 12:40 am #

Dear all,
    I had installed the iBlutooth app on my 16G iphone since long time and works fine but the problem I faced it discharge the battery power in a fast way.

17. Rahul August 5, 2009 at 4:34 pm #

Hani, You should turn off bluetooth when not in use. it will save battery.

18. david October 28, 2009 at 5:55 am #

i have a iphone 3gs and have jailbrokem it with blackrain and installed cydia and then tried to install ibluetooth and i keep getting a message of unable to stack and restart app or reboot device. i have installed and removed 3 times and always the same thing. i would really like to resolve this problem and get this app running on my phone. any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Aqua_HeaD October 30, 2009 at 4:28 pm #

Hi!

I have exactely the same problem as you “david”. I would also be happy if someone have any suggestion how to solve this kind of problem.

19. Rino November 2, 2009 at 11:18 pm #

i suppose you guys have 3.1.x FW?? i have 3.1.2. FW and have same problem as you… i ve heard that ibluetooth will be released for mentioned 3.1x FW soon … anybody knows more?

• Waqar Haroon December 30, 2009 at 6:58 am #

did you guys find out if ibluetooth works on 3gs or not??

20. sam November 13, 2009 at 7:00 pm #

Hi all,
    i have 3gs 32gb i phone ..anybody knows how to inttall deffernt theme ..plz?
    thanks.

• Simon Ng November 14, 2009 at 1:56 am #

@sam, check out Winterboard. It’s the cydia app that lets you customize the theme of iPhone.

21. Nehad November 26, 2009 at 3:19 am #

I need iBluethoot program, but I have Sr. Number

22. sam November 27, 2009 at 4:08 am #

dear simon,
    what about GIF type screensaver? how i can make it work in my iphone please?
    and somebody told me that the i bluetooth is not working on iphone 3gs..is that true??

23. sam November 27, 2009 at 4:50 am #

i faced another problem ..cydia in not working in my 3gs iphone..when i tery to start it .. the following message pops out: could not open lock file var/lib/dpkg/lock-open(13 permission denied)
    is there a soliution for that..or i have to format the device and reinstall the latest software again??

24. sam November 27, 2009 at 4:50 am #

i faced another problem ..cydia in not working in my 3gs iphone..when i try to start it .. the following message pops out: could not open lock file var/lib/dpkg/lock-open(13 permission denied)

• Simon Ng November 27, 2009 at 11:16 am #

@Sam, what version of iPhone OS are you using? The latest version of iBluetooth only supports OS 3.1. BTW, I suggest you to check out Bluetooth Photo Share, which also lets you share photo via bluetooth.

25. sam November 28, 2009 at 1:36 am #

Simon, am using os 3.0.1 (7A400)..is that means that you recommend me to upgrade my iphone to os 3.1.BTW ?? and what about cydia..can i fix it?

26. sam December 11, 2009 at 11:12 pm #

Simon,
    its me again! i have iphone 3gs 32gb unlocked and am using 3.0.1 (7A400) firmware 04.26.08 and i want to update it to 3.1.2 can i do that ? and how?? i would be greatful if you can explane that step by step.

• Simon Ng December 12, 2009 at 12:01 am #

@sam, you can use blackra1n and blacksn0w to unlock your iPhone 3GS. You can refer to this guide for details.

27. sam December 11, 2009 at 11:13 pm #

Simon,
    its me again! i have iphone 3gs 32gb unlocked and am using 3.0.1 (7A400) firmware 04.26.08 and i want to update it to 3.1.2 can i do that ? and how?? i would be greatful if you can explain that step by step.

28. ashish December 17, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

i have iphone 3g and i installed demo version of ibluetooth. But while sending the files to my windows laptop or other devices, the app is abruptly closing down. It’s not showing any transfer status in the activity tab of ibluetooth app. Please help me.

29. matt January 1, 2010 at 7:55 am #

hi works fine but cant find a mp3 when i recive one where do u save it 2 please help cheers Matt

30. Ella January 8, 2010 at 4:43 am #

I have Iphone 3GS OS 3.1.2 and i tried to download ibluetooth. Now my screen is stuck on the itunes logo and USB and i cannot reboot it by holding the home button and on/off button. Any help would be appreciated.

31. Terenz January 21, 2010 at 11:30 am #

My iphone 3g cannot connect with other device…pls help..
    If I reset the iphone settings Is there a possibility to delete all my applications?

32. AsR January 24, 2010 at 4:50 am #

Hiya everyone, i need to know how do you send music i cant figure it out so can someone help???

33. Terenz January 27, 2010 at 6:07 pm #

if i reset my iphone settings d the apps and games will be deleted??
    pls help

34. mahajif February 14, 2010 at 10:22 pm #

this software nice to work

35. Essa March 7, 2010 at 6:06 pm #

Hi Guys,

I have problem with the attachments of mails as videos, realplayers clips where I cannot play them, is there a solution for this or not?

Pls your help,

36. mortaqui March 18, 2010 at 4:17 pm #

how cn i download it

37. pranit August 1, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

I wan t ibluetooh for 3g 4.0.1

38. Essa August 1, 2010 at 6:15 pm #

Dear All,

I have problem with the received files how can I moved them to nother place as the specified place for the files received become full and I cannot receive more files before move or delete some old files.

39. anil August 25, 2010 at 5:18 pm #

Hai,
    I’m facing problem in adding sources(Isapzio and Xsellize) from cydia. It shows “Sub process/bin/bin2 returned an error code(2)” and “HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden”

Can anybody help me out?

40. Stephen October 16, 2010 at 4:42 am #

Simon Help. I install the ibluetooth crack from cydia. But the application will not open. Now I want to delete it but don’t know how to. Or is there a fix for it? I am using iphone 3gs and is jailbroken

41. ssmsmd January 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm #

where i can download ibluetooth file?

42. ahmed January 31, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

How can i download it please ?

43. Manzoor Baloch May 30, 2011 at 3:08 am #

Hello dear helper
    i have iphone 4 and version 4.3.3
    and i download iBluetooth 1.0.8 Cracked
    but when i open Ibluetooth it’s minimize
    i try all of steps new old and without creacked too but it’s same problem
    please try to guide me step by setup…

44. Manzoor Baloch May 30, 2011 at 3:11 am #

not 7days free i install and run within 1 min there is same problem

45. Manzoor Baloch May 30, 2011 at 3:15 am #

all dear helper the Trackbacks/Pingbacks is a computer auto send answer i need a human and its very old 2009 know forget to update today is 2011/06

• Fenil October 28, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

same problm m facing in my i phone 4 s

46. Sumit January 9, 2012 at 1:54 am #

Hi Simon

I have a iphone 3gs running on 4.0.1. I have installed ibluetooth but crashes everytime i open it. Plz help.

47. sunil March 10, 2012 at 4:23 am #

ibluetooth and ibluenova are not working on my iphone 3GS.
    any other alternative.
    please help

48. Deborah May 6, 2012 at 7:46 pm #

Greetings,

will someone please help me ??? my 3g iphone is stuck on searching. I have no idea what I am doing with this iphone. I like it though. Help.I want to use bluetooth device and it is not loading. What could be wrong.?

49. tusher September 4, 2012 at 9:32 pm #

my iphone version-4.1(8b117),model-MC134J,Modem firmware-06.15.00,

I can’t connect my bluetooth option with another device,when blue tooth on,it searches other devices but doesn’t get any device,always searches.
    How can i fix it, can anyone help me?

50. tusher September 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

Hi ,
    my iphone version-4.1(8b117),model-MC134J,Modem firmware-06.15.00,

How can i fix it, can anyone help me?

51. TiredofAppLies November 28, 2013 at 4:47 pm #

Very misleading Only works with other Apple devices. NOT WITH ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES

1. Bluetooth File Transfer for iPhone - iBluetooth is Finally Here | Beracah Blog - March 16, 2009

[...] there is a catch. iBluetooth is not a free software and costs 3.99 euro for a license. To let you test out the app, iBluetooth offers a 7-days free [...]