According to iPhone Hellas, which has once discovered the iPhone App Rating feature in the soon-to-be-released firmware, iPhone 2.2 will be available on Nov 21. It mentioned the news was quoted from a reliable source but they couldn’t disclose.
Regarding the features, iPhone firmware 2.2 will probably incorporate:
- Support of Google Street View in Map
- Support of Google Public Transit information and Walking Direction
- Application Rating before application removal
- Over-the-air download of Podcast
- Add toggle switch to enable/disable Auto-Correction
- Support of Japanese Emoji icons
- Minor tweak to add a dedicated Google search bar in Safari
Will it come true that the release will be released on Nov 21? I’m not sure. Let’s wait for ten more days to confirm the news. But one thing that probably most of you concerns is whether jailbreak works on firmware 2.2. iPhone Dev team has confirmed earlier that it works! (based on the beta version of iPhone 2.2)
As always, please do leave me comment if you get other news on the firmware update.